Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

eddfire3, thank you very much for your kind words. :)

Dyp and RAR and CCM1 and 2 are separate mods. While sampling graphics and units for the update of CCM1 to CCM2, I thought, that these graphics could be nice in an update of RAR, too. So the mod RARR started as a graphical update of the last released version of RAR. RARR 1.7 is the first version of RARR that adds some new concepts (from CCM) to RARR, after I received the allowance to do so from many of the original creators of the DyP/RAR mod. I wrote the story and gave some links to their comments in the rewritten page 1 of the RARR thread.

In the next days I will release some updated biqs, fixing the errors that were reported here in the last posts of the RARR thread - but first I want to finish my very exciting game with 30 civs on the RARR 1.7 worldmap.

Edit: Here I tried to explain some of the differences in gameplay between RARR and CCM and why I have done both mods: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rise-and-rule-revisited-epic-mod.549166/page-34#post-15344971

Last edited:
Now RARR 1.7 is uploaded. The scenario files and the three biqs (Standard, Extended and Worldmap) can be found at the bottom of the rewritten introduction post at page 1 of the RARR thread.
Thank You, mate! This is the most welcome gaming news for me these days! Starting now.....

And here we go. First launch

666.jpg

And here we go. First launch

Izengrimm, you made the most common mistake in installing the expanded CCM2 mainfiles. The CCM2 files must be zipped into the existing folders of the C3C mainfiles. That´s why you should copy the Art-, Text- and sounds folders in your C3C mainfolder, so you have the original folders in reserve, if you decide to return to the original mainfiles.

The CCM2 expanded files need the original files in these folders as a kind of copy protection. In your screenshot the game couldn´t find the still needed original C3C graphics, what is no wonder, when the CCM2 files were edit: not zipped into those folders. If these folders are not containing the original files, it is no wonder, that the game cannot find them.

In the next days I will post some updated RARR biqs, fixing the errors reported in the posts above.

Last edited:
Civinator, thanks for the explanation, I think I get it now. I'll start off with RARR which I'm familiar with and maybe later I'll try CCM2. Very glad to see that there's a RARR world map! That's something I always wanted when playing RAR. I may give it a try today, even without the updates.

Hi Civinator, what difficulty are you playing?

I was playing my last testgame on the RARR worldmap with England on monarch level and play my current worldmap-testgame as Germany on that level, too. With England the game was finished with a cultural victory in era 4. That´s why I raised the cultural victory conditions on the worldmap, and as I had much fun with that game, added some more things to it.

In my current testgame on monarch level, I thought I would have no chance, when starting in Europe with tons of early dangerous civs around me, but not only did I survive, but my civ is now established on that worldmap, too. Normally I play on emperor level and sometimes above, but I think on that worldmap with 30 civs, one level below the normal level shouldn´t be wrong.

I attache screenshots of the current round of my testgame, where i was able to conquer two cities from the Mongols, but I´m at war with nearly the whole world.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Testgame-Worldmap.jpg
    Testgame-Worldmap.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 417
  • Worldmap2.jpg
    Worldmap2.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Civinator, thanks for the explanation, I think I get it now. I'll start off with RARR which I'm familiar with and maybe later I'll try CCM2. Very glad to see that there's a RARR world map! That's something I always wanted when playing RAR. I may give it a try today, even without the updates.

eddfire3, the RARR worldmap is based on an updated map created by Kal-El many years ago. Kal-El was the head of the DYP and RAR creation teams. That´s why RARR 1.7 starts with some hints done by 'wise men' Kal-El.

eddfire3, the RARR worldmap is based on an updated map created by Kal-El many years ago. Kal-El was the head of the DYP and RAR creation teams. That´s why RARR 1.7 starts with some hints done by 'wise men' Kal-El.

It's a nice way to honour Kal-El. As soon as I finish my CCM game I will give the new RARR a try with that world map

I just had a thought.

It seems as if the worker rate for Serf and Worker is the same. Indeed they are completely the same.

I would propose that you either eliminate Serfs or provide some improvement for Serfs over workers.

I just had a thought.

It seems as if the worker rate for Serf and Worker is the same. Indeed they are completely the same.

I would propose that you either eliminate Serfs or provide some improvement for Serfs over workers.

ynot56, as you can see, there is a - little - difference between the worker and the serf:

May be there will be a time when 'superworkers' (as in CCM2) will be introduced to that mod to reduce the time of micromanagement in the late game of RARR. I´m open for suggestions in improving the system of workers in RARR, but this is a very complex field. Attached is a formula for workers, coming from the German Civ 3 Wikipedia (Bautruppleistung = worker effiency, Re = form of government, Ind = industrial trait, BT = normal or enslaved, Eff = worker strength, Ersatzteile = tech Replacable parts):
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Serf.jpg
    Serf.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 336
  • Worker Strength.jpg
    Worker Strength.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 350
Would it be possible to change back the colour of the Arabs to pinkish? Now they look identical to the Romans.

I missed the no support cost, I was thinking in terms of worker productivity.

Would it be possible to change back the colour of the Arabs to pinkish? Now they look identical to the Romans.

In the CCM2 palettes pink is no longer available. Too much silly comments were done in the past about civs with that colour. I could change the colour to light green as the default colour, too.

Attachments

• Arab colours.jpg
    Arab colours.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 304
I missed the no support cost, I was thinking in terms of worker productivity.

Nevertheless I´m always interested in improving the worker system. Especially the late game worker management in my eyes needs some improvement. Clicking 30 times and more for clearing pollution or building a railroad on a tile in my eyes is somewhat annoying.

In the CCM2 palettes pink is no longer available. Too much silly comments were done in the past about civs with that colour. I could change the colour to light green as the default colour, too.

I think light green would be beneficial, thanks a lot Civinator!

Well, there are 3 ways to help the click 30 times problem.

1) Increase worker productivity, particularly late game worker class units (i.e. engineer).
2) Decrease costs for the activity
3) Add another "Super Engineer", sometime later (robotics?) that is much more productive. You could call it a Robot Engineer, and it could be even twice as productive as a normal Engineer.

I suspect the simplest to implement would be #1.

Well, there are 3 ways to help the click 30 times problem.

1) Increase worker productivity, particularly late game worker class units (i.e. engineer).
2) Decrease costs for the activity
3) Add another "Super Engineer", sometime later (robotics?) that is much more productive. You could call it a Robot Engineer, and it could be even twice as productive as a normal Engineer.

I suspect the simplest to implement would be #1.

:yup: Yes, these are important parts of such a solution. Additionally the old workers must become obsolete and be upgraded to another unit, to get rid of that micromanagement nightmare. I reflected about giving RARR 1.7 the same late game worker structure as I did it with the 'superworkers' in CCM2: With tech railroads the workers couldn´t been built any longer and the existing workers could be upgraded to partisans. The new 'superworkers' in CCM2 were very expensive, but much more effective (some kind of a 'worker army', that unfortunately isn´t possible in Civ 3).

RARR has the problem, that many civs when having researched the tech railroads, are still stuck to governments that use forced labor and there is the danger, that they will become ruined with such a kind of a solution.

Top Bottom