1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Jun 21, 2015.

1. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

I am sorry to hear that you are leaving. You have created a masterpiece with RARR. Although I have never played it, I assume that CCM is at least as good.

2. keli

keli Prince

This is a bit of a shock really.
    I'm quite sad to see you go, as I actually have been playing RARR since it first came out. I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to you for providing quality content for free, which I enjoyed for hundreds and hundreds of hours. The whole Civ III community will be much poorer with your departure.

For sure you will be missed. However change in life is constant, so I wish you good luck on your future endeavors!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  3. tjs282

tjs282 Socially distancing since 1975

I second all of this.

I hope that -- whatever your reasons for leaving -- it will someday be possible for you to return.

4. XTC

XTC Warlord

Thanks for all the work you put in RARR and CCM, Civinator. I wish all the best to you and hope you will make a comeback.

5. clamel

clamel Prince

Let me join in saluting the work you have been doing. It's a shock to find out that these mods might never be really completed. I do hope you will return or perhaps pop up elsewhere. Do tell us about anything like that since in times like these CivIII and your mods play an even greater role. Isolation is **** and not even know how long. I wish everyone of course the best and stay safe when eventually once more we get out of our houses.

The best to you Civinator
    :thanx:

6. Shmelkin

Shmelkin Chieftain

I was really hoping to play this mod once it's finished.

7. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

Shmelkin: It is 95+% finished and certainly playable.

8. Node60

Node60 Warlord

This is an extremely sad event for our community. Civinator, a huge thanks for the already done a great job. I hope you'll be all right.

9. Mooish

Mooish Chieftain

Once I launch the game it stops responding (RARR) 1.7 Biq any help? it worked once but never worked again. upload_2020-5-4_2-14-42.png

10. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

Mooish; I had that problem when I initially tried to run RARR 1.7. At a loss for any other option, I reinstalled Civ3, that seemed to do the trick.

One thing, have you tried with another civilization? There may be something wrong with Polynesian.

Since it appears as if we are on our own, does anyone have a recommendation for an editor other then the vanilla Civ3 editor?

11. Mooish

Mooish Chieftain

I
    I did reinstall and it started to work again but after that, it starts having issues again I test this like 5 times and still not responding

12. darklordshadow1313

darklordshadow1313 Chieftain

do i need to get the older ccm first to get ccm 2.5 to work

13. XTC

XTC Warlord

It's better to ask that in the CCM thread

14. darklordshadow1313

15. keli

keli Prince

Are you using the latest version? I would try a reinstall, as it seems one of the files is missing, which might be due to incorrect installation of the CCM mod.

BTW awesome city placement grid! This way you can save yourself from overthinking where to put your cities :D

Also, did you modify the mod? I guess revealed aluminium, ancient cities and an overflow of natural harbor resources are not normal :D

16. darklordshadow1313

just downloaded it two days ago and file it want was there but i just delete what it wanted in the ini file yes its a custom map i made to test this out with

17. Mooish

Mooish Chieftain

upload_2020-5-9_22-8-50.png

I think I know where all the other AI nations got there tech.

18. Gmelchett

Gmelchett Chieftain

I'm really said to see you leave, Civinator! And thank you very very much for hundreds of hours of fun!

19. Mooish

Mooish Chieftain

What is DocTS Difficulty?

20. Belofon

Belofon Chieftain

Just in case if someone didn't fix RARR 1.7 biqs yet - here come some fixed ones (default version of mod and worldmap)
    Update: fixed Swordsmen/Footknights upgrade paths

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Civinator and vmxa like this.