1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Jun 21, 2015.

1. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

A minor point, the Guppy does not upgrade. I assume the Guppy should upgrade to the nuclear submarine.

2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Sorry ynot56, but an upgrade from normal to nuclear submarines in RARR is not intended.

3. Civinator

Attached are new biqs for the RARR Worldmap. The Celts now are playable again and start in Irland. Some testings by volunteers would be very welcome before I´m posting them at page 1 of the RARR thread, as at present I don´t have the time for testing and observing those games on that map.

I attache the normal version of that worldmap and a Debug-version, where all operations by all civs can be watched (and some changes could be done during gameplay).

Attached Files:

4. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

Sorry, I though the Guppy was sort of out of place after Attack Submarine.

5. Civinator

May be they could be set to obsolescence (like the battleships) when the civ can build nuclear subs, so the conventional subs are disappearing from the build queue - but the hardcoded upgrade entry of that unit would irritate some civers again. :think:
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

6. XTC

XTC Warlord

I will test you new biq when I'm finished with the one I am playing now.

One question about the League of Nations World Wonder: Immediately after completion there is an election. After how many turns would be the second election (of course as long it is not obsoleted)

7. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

Diplomatic voting comes up every 5 turns, no matter what wonder it is connected to.

8. XTC

XTC Warlord

Thanks, Takeo, then there will be some votings before it is obsoleted.

9. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

I think setting the guppy to obsolesce with the nuclear submarine is a good move.

10. XTC

XTC Warlord

Isn't the Mass Transit System a bit redundant? It cost more than the Park and the Park also offers some culture.

Mass Transit Sysyem.jpg Park.jpg

11. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

The Park reduces pollution(supposedly building pollution, but might be total pollution?) by 1. An Airport produces 1 pollution, which would be reduced to 0.

Mass Transit reduces only population pollution, whatever the total is, down to 1. A size 25 metropolis would produce 10 pollution, which would be reduced to 1.

And I personally would probably ask why the maintenance for a Park and an entire Mass Transit System are the same. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  12. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

A minor nit, but the arrow on the tech tree points from emancipation to espionage, yet I do not need emancipation to research espionage.

On a more substantive note, I agree with Takeo that perhaps the maintenance for the Park should be lowered somewhat.

13. Civinator

These are simply the settings for those buildings since decades in DyP and RAR and I see no imperative reasons to do here some changes.

14. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

Just an observation, but moving the infantry upgrade to totalitarianism instead of mechanized warfare really cuts down the lifetime of the trencher and makes the run from Infantry to Grunt all that much longer.

15. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

If you check the entries you quoted you'll see that one building is for building pollution and the other is for population pollution.

16. Lionic

Lionic King

Hello Civinator! I've been browsing through RARR's PediaIcons.txt file and found out that PRTO_Amphibious_Infantry refers to "Infantry" graphics, even though you have a dedicated "Amphibious Infantry" in "Units" folder. Is it intended?

17. Civinator

Lionic, thank you very much for reporting this error. :)

In the pediaicons entry of that unit I only wrote Infantry instead of Amphibious Infantry. A new pediaicons file, that fixes this minor error (as the game can also be played with the old pediaicons file, too) is attached to this post. It should replace the old pediaicons file in the RARR\text folder.

Attached Files:

18. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

Another minor issue. In the science advisor screen, there is an arrow from Amphibious Warfare to Modern Air Defense, however I did not have to research Amphibious Warfare to research Modern Air Defense.

19. Civinator

ynot56, thank you very much for reporting this error. :)

For the tech Modern Air Defense the prerequisites Amphibious Warfare and Mechanized Warfare were not set in the editor. So the game can be played without those settings, the tech Modern Air Defense can be received more earlier without these additional settings. I have corrected these settings for the next version of all three RARR biqs.

As the game can be played without those settings, I wait with the release of those corrected biqs to avoid an inflation in the numbering of RARR biqs when (may be) more of such errors will be reported.

20. ynot56

ynot56 Warlord

I didn't notice that Mechanized warfare was not required because I researched that first in the modern era. :)