Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

RAR: Chariot and Horseman upgrades to a Cataphract.
RARR: Eastern Chariot and Slavic Horseman upgrades to a Heavy Horseman.

It is not too critical (in most games I usually skip the line leading to Cataphracts and Heavy Horsemans because these technologies do not need to go into the next era), but ...

T-54s cost 30 shield

Keli, that´s a nasty error. It should be 360 costs. Thank you very much for reporting that error. :)

RAR: Chariot and Horseman upgrades to a Cataphract.
RARR: Eastern Chariot and Slavic Horseman upgrades to a Heavy Horseman.

It is not too critical (in most games I usually skip the line leading to Cataphracts and Heavy Horsemans because these technologies do not need to go into the next era), but ...

Node60, I will have a deeper look into the upgrade chain and the observations you have made, when I have the time for it. Please don´t forget, that RARR is based on the RAR verion 1.04 and here Doc T. made many changes to the settings compared to RAR 1.02. So you have to compare the settings of Doc T.´s RAR 1.04 and RARR.

Please don´t forget, that RARR is based on the RAR verion 1.04 and here Doc T. made many changes to the settings compared to RAR 1.02. So you have to compare the settings of Doc T.´s RAR 1.04 and RARR.

It is difficult to compare with the version, which did not play :). In this case I do not see changelog indication that these units to change something other than graphics.

I found a Win 7 machine to load this one. Great Mod, excellent graphics.

A couple of things.

In RAR there was a an option for 915 turns. Is an option for a longer game part of the release plan?

The score screen is totally messed up. I will take a screen shot later. The screen may be dependent upon which options are checked. I added to the default game options and none of the scoring elements line up. It seems like all of the data is there, but, well, impossible to follow.

Tony

I found a Win 7 machine to load this one. Great Mod, excellent graphics.

Tony, thank you very much for your kind words. :)

In RAR there was a an option for 915 turns. Is an option for a longer game part of the release plan?

There was an extended biq at least for RAR 1.02 with 915 turns. An option to do such an extended version was not "part of the release plan". The "release plan" was to give the Civ3 community an updated version of RAR as it is described in post 1 of this thread and to have another deep look in that mod for the next version of my own epic mod CCM version 2.00. It wouldn´t be a big problem to do such an extended version of RARR as I know all the settings that must be changed for such a version - but first we need a stabilized version of RARR and here the next step is a new biq and a new mainfile upload for RARR. :)

The score screen is totally messed up. I will take a screen shot later. The screen may be dependent upon which options are checked. I added to the default game options and none of the scoring elements line up. It seems like all of the data is there, but, well, impossible to follow.
Tony

Yes there were some other reports about that problem. May be some parts of these distortions come from the victory point scoring that is activated in RARR other than it was in RAR (as it is needed for the supply shipments). Now every killed unit, every built wonder and so on scores. Interesting would be, if there are big distortions in that screen at the end of the game.

Frigging russians have it in for me. Four times now, Catherine ganged up on me. On one game, after only 30 turns!! :eek:

I've now started a war for insense. This is, for me, one of the main resources in this scenario, because of how it afects happyness...

Really great mod.

Game exited with, I believe, conquest victory.

Also, I never got the year, just "Nov."

Finally, I think there should be more boost between Laborer and Engineer. At present, the only benefit is they cam move 3 rather than 2.

Registered to report a bug: Indian Line Infantry is missing the 'Nationalism' tech requirement, which means it can be built as soon as you have saltpeter. (i.e. WAY too early)

Also, not a bug, but an observation: Oasis on a floodplain is way OP for early game; if you get one of those you can escalate way too quickly. Would recommend removing oasis from potential floodplain resources (making it desert only).

rudy2, welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

Registered to report a bug: Indian Line Infantry is missing the 'Nationalism' tech requirement, which means it can be built as soon as you have saltpeter. (i.e. WAY too early)

Thank you very much for reporting that nasty error! :) It will be fixed with the next biq.
Edited: The civilopedia icons for that unit must be fixed, too.

Also, not a bug, but an observation: Oasis on a floodplain is way OP for early game; if you get one of those you can escalate way too quickly. Would recommend removing oasis from potential floodplain resources (making it desert only).

This is the setting of the original version of RAR 1.04. Floodterrain holds many other resources, that give a lot of food. If the oasis should be cut out for flood terrain, it must be reflected what has to happen with these other resources. At present here I don´t want to change anything.

Approximately when can we expect the new version of RaR?

keli, I´m not a factory nor a sales company. The next version of the biq and mainfile of RARR (not RAR) will come when I had the time to finish it (what I hope that it can be achieved at the end of this month).

Minor bug: Ship of the Line's civilopedia entry says it upgrades to Battleship, but it actually upgrades to Ironclad

EDIT: I meant "Admiral of the Fleet"

Templar upgrades to Cavalry, but there is no mention of upgradability in the civlopedia for Templar.

:sad:

Just tried to play RARR 1.3 (via Steam). It was a disaster...

I started a game as the Mongols - but as soon as I gave my first command, build city, the game ended. I lost.

Also, the grid didn't work.

I just thought I'd let you know... Too bad...

Thank you for producing such a great game - just registered to report the following error when the Tea Growers is completed:

ERROR READING FILE

Missing entry in "Scenarios\RARR\text\PediaIcons.txt":
WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Tea_Growers

keli, I´m not a factory nor a sales company. The next version of the biq and mainfile of RARR (not RAR) will come when I had the time to finish it (what I hope that it can be achieved at the end of this month).

Of course, I know, I was just curious. Thanks for your answer.

Minor bug: Ship of the Line's civilopedia entry says it upgrades to Battleship, but it actually upgrades to Ironclad
EDIT: I meant "Admiral of the Fleet"

Templar upgrades to Cavalry, but there is no mention of upgradability in the civlopedia for Templar.

Thank you very much rudy2 for pointing to these civilopedia entries. :) They will be updated with the next mainfile.

:sad:

Just tried to play RARR 1.3 (via Steam). It was a disaster...

I started a game as the Mongols - but as soon as I gave my first command, build city, the game ended. I lost.

Also, the grid didn't work.

I just thought I'd let you know... Too bad...

GothicMaster, welcome at CFC :band:[party] and sorry, that you have troubles with your start. I tested the Mongols and they work very well for me when starting a game and I also have no problems with the map grid.

I can´t say what happens with your play via Steam, as - praise to god- I don´t have to use that ### Steam-version. May be you have activated some wrong options for the game by beeing missleaded by the wrong label-texts, that were introduced with the last ridicolous Steam-update for CivComplete.

There is a patch for the last ### update of the Steam version, that fixes the new Steam labels file for CivComplete, inside the text-folder of RARR. To use the patch simply follow the instructions at the end of the first post in this thread and replace the labels text inside the folder with the new labels text of the patch. Steam added in the last update for CivComplete an additional line in the labels text, that plays havoc with all normal labels texts of C3C mods and scenarios.

Did you use that patch?

Thank you for producing such a great game - just registered to report the following error when the Tea Growers is completed:

ERROR READING FILE

Missing entry in "Scenarios\RARR\text\PediaIcons.txt":
WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Tea_Growers

bluedevl88, welcome at CFC, :band:[party] and thank you very much for your kind words :) All credits for that mod go the ancient master modders, who created DYP and RAR (please see post 1 of this thread) and not to me. I only gave that mod a new "face-lifting". :D

I´m overwhelmed, how many new first posts at CFC are created in the RARR-thread from new members that want to help to improve this mod. Thank you all for your help and your contributions. :)

bluedevl88, also thank you very much for reporting the error with the missing wondersplash. That error was fixed with the former RARR-patch and the following new mainfile. If you don´t have uploaded that patch or the new mainfile, you should wait a little bit, as I hope that a new patch or mainfile will soon be uploaded by me.

Top Bottom