Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Thanks everyone for their elaborate answers :thumbsup:.
Dear Civinator, I'm looking forward to get RARR 1.7! If I understood correctly, I will need CCM2 for it to launch? Also will I need present 1.6 version?

Dear Civinator, I'm looking forward to get RARR 1.7! If I understood correctly, I will need CCM2 for it to launch? Also will I need present 1.6 version?

You will only need the expanded mainfiles of CCM2.50 (hosted at CFC) and a small upcoming download of RARR 1.7 (containing the new biq, and the needed text- and graphics files, especially the RARR techtrees). The old RARR 1.6 download will not be of use any longer.

Civinator,
The Russian, Chinese, Korean and Tibetan Wisemen seem to be available to everyone.

Civinator,
The Russian, Chinese, Korean and Tibetan Wisemen seem to be available to everyone.

I will have a look at this at once. In the meantime I will stop the download of the 3 biqs.

The errors in the settings of the wisemen are now fixed and the fixed 3 biqs can be downloaded again.

The three civers, who had downloaded the biqs with those errors (and I assume, that one of them was Takeo and another one Atlasian), please download these biqs again as the errors in the settings of those wisemen now are fixed. They cannot been built any longer, as they now need the tech 'Unavailable' and additionally the resource 'gamemechanism', both of them are not available for any civ.

Takeo, a special thank you very much for reporting those errors so quickly. :thanx:

Edit: The third one was Shmelkin and as all three civers are informed about the errors in their first downloads of the biqs, the temporary message at the end of post 1 of this thread was removed.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Civinator for your relentless effort, I'm enjoying the mod quite a bit. Just a few bugs/potential bugs I observed:
-Heavy tank plant is a building and not a small wonder, thus it can be built in every city (also it's 20 shield only)
-Commercial Raiders are not rogue, I can see their nationality

Civinator,
The resource Gamemechanics is selected under possible resources on Sea terrain. Is that supposed to be Natural Port instead?

Koreans do not have access to the Hardy Asian Clan. Looked that unit up in the editor and only Greece is listed there.

Last edited:
Just a few bugs/potential bugs I observed:
-Heavy tank plant is a building and not a small wonder, thus it can be built in every city (also it's 20 shield only)
-Commercial Raiders are not rogue, I can see their nationality

Keli, thank you very much for reporting these errors. :)

-The error with the heavy tank plant is a bad one. Of course it was intended to set this building to be a SW (as it is in CCM). It is cheap without any other prerequisites, so the autoproduced units can appear in their correct time as an addition in a small number, but not in the scale they are doing now.

- For the commercial raider the HN-flag was forgotten to be set.

The resource Gamemechanics is selected under possible resources on Sea terrain. Is that supposed to be Natural Port instead?

Koreans do not have access to the Hardy Asian Clan. Looked that unit up in the editor and only Greece is listed there.

Takeo, thank you very much for reporting the errors with the Hardy Asian Clan. :) Not only the Koreans, but also some other asian civs don´t have access to that unit. On the other side the Greeks don´t need that unit.

The setting of the resource 'Gamemechanics' seems to be correct. This resource is not available for any civ in the game and it mainly serves to let units, that cannot been built normally, help to appear in the techbox of the techtree when the tech allowing to upgrade them is researched. The resource also helps to let the information icons about new game options appear in the techtree. Of course that resource also allows to block buildings from beeing built normally.

As an appearance rate for resources of zero sets them to be placed randomly on the map and a negative appearance rate for resources is not possible in the editor, an appearance rate of 1 is the smallest possible appearance rate for that resource, meaning that it is blocking only one tile of the map from receiving a different random resource. Therefore it was set to be a 'sea resource', as there are not so many resources for that terrain, that can be 'blocked' (ocean terrain would have been even better, as there are even less resources allowed for that terrain). This means, that when you are looking at the RARR worldmap in Debug Mode, this resource will appear in one sea tile of that map. Of course that resource is also part of the list of resources, as it is a resource - with the speciality that no civ can ever have it and therefore it is invisible on the map for all players in a normal game.

---------------

All reported errors will be fixed soon, as it is only needed to do some small adjustments in the biqs. On the other side, I will wait a little bit with those fixes, as it could be, that even some more error reports will appear - at least until I have finished my very interesting game on the RARR worldmap and may be that in this game I detect some other errors myself. So, when you find something, that could be an error, please post it, especially in the next days, so an inflation in the numbering of the RARR biqs can be avoided.

Last edited:
Two more things:
1) would it be possible to have a civ killed off if they have no cities but still have a settler somewhere hidden?
2) my client crashes after I press the end turn button and I receive no error message (save file attached)

Attachments

• Conquests Autosave 1961 AD.SAV
    6.3 MB · Views: 122
Two more things:
1) would it be possible to have a civ killed off if they have no cities but still have a settler somewhere hidden?
2) my client crashes after I press the end turn button and I receive no error message (save file attached)

keli, I will have a look at your save file.

Clan has a move of 2.

:eek: This error even was in RARR 1.6 and there was no report about it. Takeo one more time thank you very much for reporting this error. :)

keli, you have run into the houseboat bug. This bug occurs, when the last city of a civ is conquered, but that civ stil has one - or in this case two settlers on board of a ship (this is why the succession game players have named that bug the houseboat bug). In that case the game is freezing.

This is no special bug of CCM or RARR. It is a bug in the programming of Civ 3, that was fixed by Firaxis in Civ 3 Vanilla, but unfortunately later was reopened by them again in later versions of Civ 3. It seems to be the same story, as it was with the submarine bug, that was fixed by Firaxis in Civ 3 Vanilla, too - but later reapeared in Civ 3 again. Unfortunately until today no cure was found against these Firaxis bugs.

You must first sink the Chinese 'houseboat' before conquering the city of Molde.

And I have seen a nice combination of the fortress graphic with the tea resource graphic in your game, looking for me like a 'spinach-burger' :D. This has nothing to do with the freeze in your game, but it made me happy:

Attachments

• 1961-Chinaboot.SAV
    615.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Houseboat-Bug.jpg
    Houseboat-Bug.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 437
  • Spinach Burger.jpg
    Spinach Burger.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 394
keli, you have run into the houseboat bug. This bug occurs, when the last city of a civ is conquered, but that civ stil has one - or in this case two settlers on board of a ship (this is why the succession game players have named that bug the houseboat bug). In that case the game is freezing.

This is no special bug of CCM or RARR. It is a bug in the programming of Civ 3, that was fixed by Firaxis in Civ 3 Vanilla, but unfortunately later was reopened by them again in later versions of Civ 3. It seems to be the same story, as it was with the submarine bug, that was fixed by Firaxis in Civ 3 Vanilla, too - but later reapeared in Civ 3 again. Unfortunately until today no cure was found against these Firaxis bugs.

You must first sink the Chinese 'houseboat' before conquering the city of Molde.

And I have seen a nice combination of the fortress graphic with the tea resource graphic in your game, looking for me like a 'spinach-burger' :D. This has nothing to do with the freeze in your game, but it made me happy:

Thanks a lot Civinator! I just launched a nuke on it so problem solved :D I'm glad you are enjoying my spinach sandwich as well ^^

One more thing to report:
I guess vertical flight is supposed to make the tank plant obsolete, however there is no description if you click on the tech.

One more thing to report: I guess vertical flight is supposed to make the tank plant obsolete, however there is no description if you click on the tech.

Thank you very much for reporting that missing entry. :) I had watched an error in my current testgame, too. The National Coal Mine should be set as a SW, but in my current game it is a normal building.

Fortunately all those found errors can be fixed easily.

Edit: The pirate frigate is missing the HN-flag, too.

Last edited:
Hey @Civinator , so glad to see that you're still updating this amazing mod, it was always my favorite and while I haven't played civ 3 in several years I think I'm gonna get back into it. Quick question--what exactly is the relationship between this mod and CCM2? Are they both standalone conversation mods? I noticed that the CCM2 core files are now needed for RARR--does that mean RARR is sort of a mod mod of CCM2? I'm familiar with RAR, just curious what CCM2 is basically!

Top Bottom