Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

for the mana display: there is a small blue icon, that i think is supposed to be a mana crystal in the top left corner of the screen. It's a little bit down and right of the civflag. click on it.
That should display the mana.

for the score, it should be one of the buttons on the lower right to toggle the display of the score. don't know which one, i'm guessing it's the helmet one.

hello, new to the forum. and sorry for my bad english.

i have problem with mapscript not found for WorldOfErebus and erebusContinent. Other default map like pangaea and archipelago is fine. After some trying i can fix this with 2 ways:

• copy worldOfErebus and ErebusContinent py in rife privatemap to beyond the sword publicmap folder and play it trough launcher. or
  • create direct shortcut for rife and play trough it

not sure but it seem launcher make games search default public maps rather than rife privatemap
oh and i install my civilization into no-default folder.

Found the issue... Actually from the Cauldron. You had a t3 unit die, which created a Champion. It was supposed to receive the Demon race, but the race dict wasn't called correctly, so it wasn't.

If you don't mind, turn on python exceptions (in the ini, which you can access from the launcher, search for hide python exceptions; Set that to 0). It makes it far easier to find... Found the issue instantly because I had them on. ;)

Thanks. I thought I had python exceptions turned on already, but apparently that "0" got lost probably got lost somewhere (probably when I switched from RoM to Rife). It's on now.

I got another minor OOS issue for you: Auto-casting spells causes OOSs when the spell is cast automatically. Not much of an issue as long as you don't teach the AI to use it.

So, I don't know if this has been reported yet (I don't think so...), but I am not getting the mana display or score display on the main screen. I first thought it was a problem with a less than clean install, so I deleted the RiFE folder and reinstalled the program. But that didn't do it. Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean...

Also, a second bug (that you can also see in this picture) is that the Roc is spawning a bit too big (I assume). A Roc that size should pretty much be able to pick up whole cities and toss them in the water...

Thanks! Other than these small things, 1.3 is great!

The button to toggle the score board switches of both the score board and the mana display, so that's probably your "bug". Had the same problem once and didn't raelize that I just had to press a button until after the reinstall either. ^^'

So, I don't know if this has been reported yet (I don't think so...), but I am not getting the mana display or score display on the main screen. I first thought it was a problem with a less than clean install, so I deleted the RiFE folder and reinstalled the program. But that didn't do it. Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean...

Also, a second bug (that you can also see in this picture) is that the Roc is spawning a bit too big (I assume). A Roc that size should pretty much be able to pick up whole cities and toss them in the water...

Thanks! Other than these small things, 1.3 is great!

For the first: You disabled the score display by accident. It's a button on top of the minimap. The mana window is linked to the score display, so without the latter you don't get the former.

The art size will be adjusted.

hello, new to the forum. and sorry for my bad english.

i have problem with mapscript not found for WorldOfErebus and erebusContinent. Other default map like pangaea and archipelago is fine. After some trying i can fix this with 2 ways:

• copy worldOfErebus and ErebusContinent py in rife privatemap to beyond the sword publicmap folder and play it trough launcher. or
  • create direct shortcut for rife and play trough it

not sure but it seem launcher make games search default public maps rather than rife privatemap
oh and i install my civilization into no-default folder.

Aha! So you can use the map if you use a standard shortcut, even with the maps in PrivateMaps? If it is the launcher, that narrows it down drastically.

Aha! So you can use the map if you use a standard shortcut, even with the maps in PrivateMaps? If it is the launcher, that narrows it down drastically.

yeah even with maps in privatemaps, i also get NOTSET message when run launcher but after set rife path it fine. Anw thanks for the awesome mod get ctd around 150 turn but its much better than previous one, good job.:goodjob:

So, I've had a couple of crashes, but most seem one time instances, except, that in the game I'm in presently, the game crashes whenever I dispel a particular node. It's a creation node. No other node seems to be affected, but it is right next to a Spirit Node that I had just dispelled and then created the spirit node.

yeah even with maps in privatemaps, i also get NOTSET message when run launcher but after set rife path it fine. Anw thanks for the awesome mod get ctd around 150 turn but its much better than previous one, good job.:goodjob:

Excellent, I'll post it in the launcher thread so anw will see this. ;)

So, I've had a couple of crashes, but most seem one time instances, except, that in the game I'm in presently, the game crashes whenever I dispel a particular node. It's a creation node. No other node seems to be affected, but it is right next to a Spirit Node that I had just dispelled and then created the spirit node.

Could you upload a save of that? May be able to finally track down the dispel bug if I can get a repeatable save of it. ;)

Excellent, I'll post it in the launcher thread so anw will see this. ;)

The issue with the launcher is rife is installing with folders being marked read only, meaning it A, can't write to the config file so it knows where the rife folder is, which leads to it not being able to move the maps the way it is ment to.

Unmarking the entire rife folder read only by rightclicking it's actual folder/properties will fix the launcher and make it work correctly.

The issue with the launcher is rife is installing with folders being marked read only, meaning it A, can't write to the config file so it knows where the rife folder is, which leads to it not being able to move the maps the way it is ment to.

Unmarking the entire rife folder read only by rightclicking it's actual folder/properties will fix the launcher and make it work correctly.

none of file in my rife installation is marked as read only, i also check if maps moved correctly. i think launcher have problem with non-default installation path. anw its still awesome launcher. i really want to use it. looking forward to fix.

none of file in my rife installation is marked as read only, i also check if maps moved correctly. i think launcher have problem with non-default installation path. anw its still awesome launcher. i really want to use it. looking forward to fix.

I don't have a default install path either, and it works for me just fine, once I rightclicked the Rise From Erebus folder inside the beyond the sword/mods folder, the read only property there was grey checked, unchecking it there, and then opening the launcher and it began working properly, give that a try?

Edit: I tried deleting/reinstalling, and can't get it to error now, really weird, but please give that directory properties a try, see if that helps you any, even if you aren't seeing any of the files as read only.

I'm also having an issue with the unit section of the civilopedia that I saw mentioned earlier. Basically, if I have "Units" highlighted on the right column, the entire peda section on the left is blank. If I click on one of the other categories and then back to units sometimes I get units filtered by demonic only, but if I set the filter back to unfiltered, the whole thing goes blank. I also have MrUnderhill's mod installed, if that may be an issue. Also I tried going to units from their links in other entries, but that lead to blank pages, too.

Typically, the only thing that would cause that would be an xml error with a unit (one of the units isn't loading properly, and therefore refusing to show in the pedia, and stopping all others from showing; Demon filter doesn't show that unit, so it shows correctly), but that would be universal.

If you don't mind, get the filter to demonic, and then try something for me... Set the sort (rightside) to XML Order, and then change the filter back to all. The order will be different, and you may get some units to load; If so, tell me what the last loaded unit is. The one causing the issue is the next unit in the list.

I'm playing as a minor leader. Being the good neighbor that I am, I killed the civ next door. I was prompted with the aggressive trait, but I turned it down. Now, I keep getting the aggressive trait prompt at the start of every turn.

Bug or feature time:

The mobile fortress is immobile. I can't find a wiki or civlopedia entry, so I have no idea if that's intentional, but the name implies it is not.

Every option on the "sort by" drop menu (xml order is the default) also gives a blank page. I checked the entries for civ-specific lists, and they mainly seem right (there are some oddities like manes for the mechanos popped out at me, but for the most part they seemed to reasonalby list units you could get your hands on as a given civ-if those are supposed to be civ specific units only, then there is an issue there as well). Kahdi's list was blank, so maybe the unfiltered list is loading his for some reason.

Also, this is only the in game civilopedia. From the title screen (not the launcher), the unit list appears, though there are two blank spaces before Abashi.

Mechanos' mobile fortress can only move along railroads, which you'll be able to build eventually.

Heh, speaking of the fortress, I got one suited up with all the goodies from the siege workshop. It's a monster now.

It moves fine on railroads for me, and after the upgrades from the workshop, two tiles a turn :D

I'm playing as a minor leader. Being the good neighbor that I am, I killed the civ next door. I was prompted with the aggressive trait, but I turned it down. Now, I keep getting the aggressive trait prompt at the start of every turn.

That's because it only checks if you've killed off a civ. Not much to be changed there; The entire mechanic will be changed in 1.4, the DLL work for which is already done (at least for leaders).

Bug or feature time:

The mobile fortress is immobile. I can't find a wiki or civlopedia entry, so I have no idea if that's intentional, but the name implies it is not.

It is only movable on Railroads. I'll improve the display for that.

Every option on the "sort by" drop menu (xml order is the default) also gives a blank page. I checked the entries for civ-specific lists, and they mainly seem right (there are some oddities like manes for the mechanos popped out at me, but for the most part they seemed to reasonalby list units you could get your hands on as a given civ-if those are supposed to be civ specific units only, then there is an issue there as well). Kahdi's list was blank, so maybe the unfiltered list is loading his for some reason.

Also, this is only the in game civilopedia. From the title screen (not the launcher), the unit list appears, though there are two blank spaces before Abashi.

Ah, the Kahdi entry needs to be removed. Doesn't cause issues by itself for me, though.

There shouldn't be any blanks before Abashi, either... What civ were you playing?

I was playing the Grigori in that game. I got the same blank screen when I tried to look up the adventurer entry from the Grigory civ entry.

Top Bottom