1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I'm unable to duplicate that issue.... Hmm.

2. free bug

free bug Chieftain

still not work for me, weird. i has uncheck it but it always return checked. seem it just uncheck file attribute inside folder but not folder itself.

3. Kinjiru

Kinjiru Chieftain

Anyone had issues with CTD's when an AI civ build Barnaxus?

In the save file below, Barnie will be completed at the start of the next turn. In my own testing, I got the CTD 7 times and no crash 3 times...

Attached Files:

4. Valkrionn

If the Read Only box is a blue box, it means it is not read only. Only if it is a grey checkbox is it actually read only.

5. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

Just to check, I started games as Amurites and Archos and am also getting the blank page when I select unfiltered.

From the civilopedia on the title screen, the two blank spaces at the beginning of the Unfiltered, Alphabetic list also occur for Buildable, Alphabetic. One space occurs for National, Alphabetic (before Abomination), but none occur on any of the civ-specific lists.

6. Valkrionn

Try unzipping this file into Assets/Python/Screens. Should replace an existing file.

Attached Files:

7. Mailbox

Mailbox King

Sorry if this has been reported (most likely has :x )

I'm getting this error when trying to transfer maps on the launch screen:

Spoiler :
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileInfo.MoveTo(String destFileName)
    at RifELauncher.FormMapscripts.enableMoveToPrivateMapsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    RifELauncher
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Firaxis%20Games/Sid%20Meier's%20Civilization%204/Beyond%20the%20Sword/Mods/Rise%20from%20Erebus/RifELauncher.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

Edit: Whoops didn't see the Launcher Thread

8. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

I did have to confirm "Copy and Replace", but neither the blank spots in the civilopedia from the title screen, nor the blank page for units in game was fixed.

9. Valkrionn

Unfortunately, I can only think of two other ways this would happen, then. Neither is good.

1. Some remnants of an older version are still on your system (likely) - Completely delete the Rise from Erebus folder, as well as your My Documents/My Games/BtS folder
    2. Your copy of the installer has issues (unlikely) - Redownload, reinstall from scratch.

I'm thinking the first option will work. If not, I have absolutely no idea what's going on atm. :(

10. free bug

free bug Chieftain

oh yeah sorry. it has unchecked but still not work for me.

just ask is machinarum removed in 1.3?. not found it in religion xml.

11. lnodiv

lnodiv Chieftain

We don't, but I'll make sure we both enable them for our next game. For now we're just stomping on them as soon as they come near our borders.

12. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

Okay, I deleted that stuff and reinstalled and am okay with just 1.3, but the gaps reappear when I include Fall Under, so I'll refer the problem to MrUnderhill's thread.

BTW, what is "MPL"? It shows up on the manage module list, but it's not quite clear from the filenames what it does.

13. Valkrionn

Honestly, I saw the blue box and assumed it was read only as well. :lol: Still getting used to Win7.

Machinarum was removed, yes. There will be a new religion, Airandamar, in 1.4 or so.

Sounds good. So long as I can get logs from both players, we may be able to figure out the issue.

Ah, didn't even know you had it installed. I'll do so and try to figure out what's going on.

MPL is "Modular Python Loading". It is just a test module that anw made to test the modular python, leave it deactive. Only left it in so that modders could have an example.

14. tokala

tokala Emperor

It seems that researching worker techs that are supposed to reduce construction times has actually no effect whatsoever on said construction times, or is it just the tooltip giving false info?

Is the Animal Civ supposed to be able to claim forts ?

15. Valkrionn

We're working on fixing that right now. At first I thought it was just that you had to have all techs listed to get the speed boosts (which works on the farm... Farm with Agriculture is still 20 turns, but add Feudalism and it drops to 10, which is the benefit from both), but then that doesn't work on Mines, which only need one tech. So... We're working on it.

And yes.

16. Evalis

Evalis Prince

Can't believe I didn't catch this before.. but crystal plains do not require access to a river to spawn, they only require fresh water.. which means if you build an aqueduct 'before' it turns to glacial (not after) you will get crystal plains there.

17. Evalis

Evalis Prince

And LOL at animals being able to claim forts. "This is bear kingdom! You Hairless stay out!"

18. Torugu

Torugu Prince

Just wanted to bring this to your attention, Valk, since I get the feeling that you didn't seethat post.

Additionally I got another Python exception for you, can't make a screenshot (Prt Sc doesn't work and I don't have any third party software on my laptop) so it's in plain text:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 119, in canCast

File "string", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 2971, in ReqRessurection

File "CustomFunctions", line 2047, in getHero

KeyError: "Bannor"

I tried to resurrect Donal Lugh using Life III but now I get this exception every time I try to select my archmage and he doesn't appear to be casting the spell (should take 7 turns).

19. Zai

Zai Chieftain

I don't remember seeing this listed. Ljosalfar workers can get the Woodsman promotion, which is now useless to them with the Hardy change. I assume it's the same for Svartalfar workers.

As mentioned for the Svartalfar before (IIRC), Ljosalfar workers are also clearing Ancient Forests when building any improvement that would for other civs clear forests.

20. Divvu

Divvu Warlord

Dunno... But if they can get Woodsman II also (and I think they can) they can take advantage of the double movement in forest. So woodsman I should remain as a prerequisite.
    Now, the practical utility of having such option (...2 promos for double movement in forest... Really?) would be material for a totally new discussion...

Edit: now that I think of it... With the new changes to hardy, maybe elven workers could auto start with Woodsman I?
    It would have no actual effect on them (since they have no str to begin with), but it would be flavourful, and above all, allow them to take Woodsman II without having to waste a promo...
    Double movement in forest would then look interesting on highly promote workers...