Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

I've had constant CTDs on turn 68 (quick speed) over multiple games, they vanished when I disabled Less Dangerous Animals, which, surprisingly, didn't break saves. I'll see if I can find a save, but I won't be able to upload it until I'm back from my vacation tomorrow evening, the Internet is maddening slow here. :sad:

Hmm. Less Dangerous Animals is a very small module. The biggest change is that two new barbarians are leashed. Perhaps there is an issue with leashing that is causing CTDs? Since there will be much more leashed barbs in a Less Dangerous game, that might be why there are more CTDs.

I don't really know because I haven't had any game breaking CTDs, and very few CTDs at all after several hundred turns of playing various games.

Forts build by Dullahan (Dteshi great commander) aren't directly corrupted, I have to cast the corrupt spell manually. Intended?

Is it possible that you take over a City with an Usurper and then be able to cast the unique spell of that civ in their city? I saw the icon for the Jotun spell in their city when i got it. Havent used it and got the crash so i dont know if it worked for me.

Hmm. Less Dangerous Animals is a very small module. The biggest change is that two new barbarians are leashed. Perhaps there is an issue with leashing that is causing CTDs? Since there will be much more leashed barbs in a Less Dangerous game, that might be why there are more CTDs.

I don't really know because I haven't had any game breaking CTDs, and very few CTDs at all after several hundred turns of playing various games.

Not too likely that Leashes would do it. They were extensively tested, and for that matter playing with Mana Guardians starts the game with dozens of leashed units.

Forts build by Dullahan (Dteshi great commander) aren't directly corrupted, I have to cast the corrupt spell manually. Intended?

Pretty much. Was just simpler to do it that way, honestly.

Is it possible that you take over a City with an Usurper and then be able to cast the unique spell of that civ in their city? I saw the icon for the Jotun spell in their city when i got it. Havent used it and got the crash so i dont know if it worked for me.

It's a bug. The civ req for the cityspells is currently checking the city's civilization (which is preserved by the conqueror civs), rather than the owner's civilization.

But newly created forts have your culture in it's own tile. When you corrupt that fort, you have the culture of a newly created city.

Ok, here is a savefile with the above mentioned LDA module activated creating a CTD on turn 101 (Normal speed).

Attachments

• Iamthehook Turn_0101.CivBeyondSwordSave
    170.7 KB · Views: 48
  • road.jpg
    road.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 83
I see.... but if you don't want or you can't afford more cities, perhaps, you could add a spell to "settle" the vessel? or that couldn't happen?

No other civ gets a free settler for razing a city...

So you mean that they are limited in number of cities?

A soft limit. They can only build 4 settlers (well, not quite true: It counts the number of Vessels, and Cities. Get back below 4 cities and you can build more, up until you have a total of 4 vessels or cities), but are able to conquer as many as they wish.

All righty. 2nd game tried with Bannor. 1st crashed at T104 and now this one at T102. I've noticed others having problems around this many turns. there some world event causing problems?

View attachment 260960

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but if you cast the ritual, rise of the phoenix i think? with a fort commander around and that commander is killed, he respawns in the nearest city, and unless you delete him you cannot build another fort commander at the fort.

dont know if its known already (i think it is)

acheron remains leashed after capturing him. His vampiric form also has the leash. (i wanted to have 2 acheron :( )

Ok, i enable all the modules i got and disabled LDA, no problems so far and im in Turn 400+ at Marathon (where i got the CTD usually at 300).

I was looking for the right Module for 2 days straight so i guess i have to thank Torugu for pointing that one out.

Dunno what mod causes this but i got a free adept and warrior in every AMurite city i founded myself. Oh and Amurites replace adepts with Apprentices if that was intended.

The free adept and Warrior is most likely from the MPL module. This is just an example module and is not intended for playing with.
It's just to show others who want to create modules how they work.

Is Slave Trade currently broken?

Or is there just an embargo against Legion? (If so, this could use some pointing out somewhere...)

Top Bottom