Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

tokala: fixed the python error. You might want to go into WB to remove that mage. It will never die as long as it's in that city.

I noticed my HN Hill Giant Stooges do NOT gain any experience when they kill workers. I am not sure if this is true of all HN units killing workers, or just a bug with the Stooges.

I mentioned before they also

1. Cannot get Mithril Weapons (can get Bronze/Iron)

2. Cannot pillage roads in another civ's territory, but can pillage all other improvements.

Have this been referenced before?
I need to reload the game to see the effect of Dowsing. Will be fixed for next version?

I think they can only move over railroads.

It is stated on the unit itself. Last line.

"Route Native: Railroad"

Though the formulation could be better and more clear.

Getting python exceptions when killing Sheaim units (Moebius Witch, Pyre Zombie) holed up in their capital, but game is not crashing fortunately :p

Edit: Now really weird stuff is happening: The undying Mage!
Whittled the garrison down to 1 mage, and now he is just keeping respawning indefinately :crazyeye:

In more detail, this is what happens:
Combat is resolved normally, mage dies. Python exception thrown. Attacking unit gains XP normally as well as losing 1 movement point. Mage reappears with full hitpoints. Rinse and repeat.

Always thought that the Sheaim were nice XP delivering machines, but this is a bit over the top :lol:

IIRC, that is from the Cauldron wonder, and has already been fixed in my internal files.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but my workers are able to remove jungle without the proper tech if I build an improvement on the square. Doesn't matter what type, but if it would normally remove the jungle (cottage, farm, etc) then it does it anyways even though I can't give a chop command normally.

Intended, actually.

I can't seem to move my Mechanos "mobile fortress." I'm not sure if this is a bug, intended, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Only move on railroads.

Or maybe a help text (one line) on the unit itself. I think it's warranted.

It is. :rolleyes:

It is stated on the unit itself. Last line.

"Route Native: Railroad"

Though the formulation could be better and more clear.

Hummm... mine just says, "TXT_KEY_UNIT_ROUTE-NATIVE" nothing about railroads. Is something wrong with my installation? I have messages like that in a bunch of places.

I have just installed 1.30. When I launch it, no text appears in the menu at all (see image attached). I'm running Windows 7 on a Mac through Parallels Desktop and the video settings are set to 256 Mo with 3D active acceleration. I tried on two different computers, one with an ATI RadeonHD2600 and one with a Nvidia GeForce 9400 ; both are 256 Mo VRAM. I think this kind of problem is related to video settings.

Can you help ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2010-08-18 à 11.43.33.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2010-08-18 à 11.43.33.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 84
Albus you need to set civilization 4 to english. There's a bug preventing other languages from working.

problem at turn 199 for me it just gets stuck at "waiting for other civilizations..."
and i rly liked this game too x.x (auto save a few turns before it happens)

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0197.CivBeyondSwordSave
    804.6 KB · Views: 46
Finally finished my Grigori game. Here are some more notes, make of them what you will.

First the bugs(?)

* No shipwrecks. Have they been removed? Maybe there ought to be one or two on Reefs?
* Rinwell Isle was founded on a Reef. Was this intentional? It would be pretty cool if the eight surrounding squares for Rinwell were all Reefs.
* I couldn't sanctify land which contained any kind of improvement, whether that improvement be a mine, town, tower or unique feature like Sirona's Beacon (which shone through hell for a large proportion of the game) Same went for coast / sea / ocean. If they had some kind of seafood - even undeveloped - you were out of luck.
* I had an immortal dungeon for a large period of the game. Every time I explored it in an effort to destory it, it cam eback the next turn.
* Regarding the MAF issues I mentioned earlier, I eventually solved these by turning down the Graphics from High to Low. This also sped up the game. If these settings are reg hacks or xml / ini files hanging around on the file system, maybe a tick box could be added to the RifE Launcher.
* There were a few pink box and missing text keys. I think the Heron Throne was one and the Shelter of the Refugee (or whatever the Grigori Refugee building was called) was another.
* Graphics for Gurid and Margalad. They had a tendency to turn into giant vikings when their back was turned.

Balance Issues / General flow of the game.

* Hyborem turned up and did nothing. He was sandwiched between the Sheaim and the Balseraphs. I'm guessing the Sheaim summoned him, and he didn't want to turn on them right away, but the Balseraphs were absolutely slaughtering him in the culture wars.
* At one stage fairly long into the game the Sidar capital was size one. Some of the other Sidar cities were larger, but heaven alone knows why the Sidar Capital was so awful. My guess is that they raised the Mist Shields and hadn't developed their inner ring enough. Maybe the Sidar Capital should be able to work their outer ring(s). Still at least they captured a few cities from the Barbarians and settled a few of their own, unlike...
* The Khazad. One city the entire game. Didn't even have the excuse of joining the party late. Admittedly the Frozen turned up about turn 200 to his north. I'm presuming Kandros tanked his economy and couldn't get out of the death spiral. Playing on chieftain probably didn't help him much either. The Frozen failed to take advantage although they could have clearly overcome him.
* Flaurous ceded to me as soon as he could, but the Clan, Sheaim and Balseraphs put up a reasonable fight. The Clan used the world spell to particularly good effect. I didn't bother trying to take the Sidar.

Other Thoughts

* Should Heroes automatically get a decent Perception stat? That'd ensure that every civilisation has at least one unit that could enter Sidar lands. There were several wars with the Sidar and I'm pretty sure that they couldn't lose cities because the AI didn't understand how to deal with Mist. Maybe Mist should penalise movement and combat rather than prevent it. This still gives the Sidar a strong home turf advantage, but would mean that they'd lose to an overwhelming AI force.
* The Grigori could do with an inqusitor-style unit. It's not in the Grigori interests to accelerate Armageddon but if AV spreads to their citites there's pretty much nothing that they can do until they get Medics, appoint you next adventurer a medic and then wait for him to level up to level 6 so you can turn him into a Luonattor. Perhaps they should have a "Judge" at Code of Laws that can remove all religions from a city. (I guess this ought to apply to any Agnostic Civs)
* Great Sages. They don't have much in the way of funkiness unlike most great people. I'm not too sure what you could give them to improve them. Maybe allow them to cast Inspiration (though if that's the casde you could just settle them instead)

Cool Stuff (cos praise is far too rare in this world)

* Chopping Jungles gives Hammers. Excellent. Should have been in Civ4 from the start.
* Great Generals are back. Very Good.
* Homesteads, Refugees and Adventurer Counter all very good.
* Liked the Burning Eye. Neat little graphic.
* Once I turned down the graphics the game was very stable. Congrats on crushing the stability bugs.
* In general, a very fun game and a worthy successor to FfH.

Either the Resplendant Minaret or the Mirrored Pylon have a pink square.

In addition, on my Windows 7 x86, the installer took actually AGES to start.
It is normal?

Top Bottom