1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Krieger66

Krieger66 Lord of all things necro

I can't research mining or mysticism as the mekaran...actually I'm not sure if anyone else has either since I haven't seen any switched to Godking notifications lately either...

I've had 6 jotnar citizens born on epic in the first 13 turns of the game.

Attached Files:

2. Mamamia

Mamamia Chieftain

Aaah, that's it! Thank you for the clarification.

3. Simae

Simae Chieftain

Building improvements time reduction by technologies does not work, what's the problem?

4. Krieger66

Are you using the latest svn version?

5. Trappisto

Trappisto Chieftain

Hi i realise this is bug thread for 1.3 but not sure where else to post this (using SVN rev 266):

Hamstlafar crashes the game when clicked on during civ selection.
    I get periodic crashes around turn 23-27 when playing as Mazatl.

Cheers.

6. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

i think for the development SVN revisions you should use the forum on http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/

but i team members checks this forum as well, so as long as you mention which revision you are using, it should be somewhat ok

7. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Might be good for the AI to learn how to deal with one-tile islands. ;)

8. Krieger66

Maybe it's a unique Balseraph AI strategy...:lol:

I'm still having barb problems in svn 260, the bannorn were wiped out in turn 20ish. I'm also having problems with the op goblin units who can be more powerful than most tier 2(and in some rare cases tier 3) barb units. I mean no unit you can build in the first +50 turns has a greater than 50% chance of beating one of these goblin units, even in the open.

Goblin archers could stand to have their resplendancy turned down a bit.:mischief: I would reccomend giving all goblin units weak, as well as a -20% combat str buff or something.

9. Krieger66

Not technically a bug, but why were unit hit points upped from 100 to 1000? It makes it a pita to scroll through to find what the combat odds were...also a bandit camp spawned right on the edge of my borders, on turn 27.

I also noticed alot of TXT_STUFF_ETC for equipment from lair pop-ups and in the city bar culture area: mainly TXT_KEY_CITY_BAR_CAPPED_CULTURE + TXT_KEY_CITY_CANNOT_UPGRADE_CULTURE_LEVEL.

10. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That's actually a temporary change, just to make sure the system works. It'll be toned down.

The idea is: More health = More rounds of combat = More predictable combat.

11. Krieger66

Ah. Ok, now I understand. So tweaks are already being done to units then?

I also noticed something odd...
    I had a scout(3ish str) with a 40% bonus vs melee, if he attacks a spector(2.6str) on a hill, he has a 76% chance of winning. But if the spector attacks(I thought I would have a better chance of winning since he doesn't get a defense bonus) the spector has a 90% of winning(scout vs spector:2.6 vs 4). The 40% vs melee bonus my scout has isn't being applied while he's on the defensive for some reason.

12. Valkrionn

That may be intentional; Would have to look into it.

13. Krieger66

I've also been having frequent crashes around turn 47.

Attached Files:

14. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Bug involving the Eyes and Ears Network.

I built the Eyes and Ears Network in my current game. One of the techs I received through the Network was Way of the Earthmother, but I didn't receive the Thane of Kilmorph that's supposed to come with it, so couldn't spread RoK to my cities.

I don't know if this happens with other religious techs you get through the Network, or if it's only Way of the Earthmother.

15. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

What civ were you playing as?

16. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Playing as the Mazatl, don't have an Agnostic leader, have been able to research religious techs in the normal way and receive the starting disciple unit.

As I said, this was solely an issue with receiving this one religious tech through the Eyes and Ears Network. And again, don't know if it happens with other religious techs obtained through the Network.

17. Valkrionn

actually, IIRC it's a mazatl bug with their kilmorph/empyrean UUs.

18. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I haven't researched Honor yet in my game -- and haven't received it through the Network; I'll report what happens either way.

EDIT: Okay, the problem seems to be broader for the Mazatl. I researched both Honor and Way of the Forests (i.e., did not receive them through the Network) and in neither case did I receive the starting disciple unit. So it seems that the problem isn't limited to their Kilmorph/Empyrean UUs.

19. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

The game had actually been crashing fairly frequently beginning in the late 300s, but I was usually able to reload an earlier Autosave and continue playing, the earlier crashes weren't repeating. This one, unfortunately, keeps crashing on the same turn.

Hope the save is helpful in helping you track down whatever the bug is.

20. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn, just hit "Enter." (AC's at 99, so might have something to do with the Apocalypse striking, I don't know.)

EDIT: Never mind, I reloaded and was able to play through.