Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

I've started a game in a classical era and I'm not 100% sure, but I think that I'm not getting a discount on improvement building times from techs that I was given. I used a WB turn on/off Education and there was no difference in how fast my workers build cottages. Dooes the discount only triggers when you discover tech the conventional way?

I can't find the trait "controlling" in either the main or module CIV4TRAITInfo files so I'm assuming that it being an undefined trait is the problem I'm having? That being said I'll probably just point <ProductionTraitType>TRAIT_CONTROLLING</ProductionTraitType> to the ruthless trait for the time being...

edit:it worked, goodbye tech bug.:banana:

When I start it up, while it's loading all of the XML stuff it says Promotion muris clan in info was incorrect. And the pop-up comes up 3 or 4 times.

Also when playing as those Zombies (not the Scions) I got the Unicorn event multiple times. What's more is since then I get these random rediculous numbers like
"Let's eat the unicorn" +30 Food
90% Chance of adding 90887897897989080 Science
Subtract 908798789798 Gold 10 % chance.

Lastly whenever I get about 100 turns in, the game crashes telling me I've allocated memory poorly or something to that effect.

The last one I have an idea on how to fix. Though I'll probably just uninstall the whole shebang.

90% Chance of adding 90887897897989080 Science
Subtract 908798789798 Gold 10 % chance.

Lastly whenever I get about 100 turns in, the game crashes telling me I've allocated memory poorly or something to that effect.

well ... i think that these two errors are related
try to reinstall the rife

I've noticed that the centeur lairs keep their cultural influence after being destroyed, and they are the only ones who seem to do this. I'm not sure if the centeur village also does this or not yet. I'm using the latest svn public build here, that I downloaded a day ago.

Not sure it this has been reported, but here goes:

1. I could not generate Mother thought the World Spell. I had teched all the requisite techs and had the nest city at 15 population. Did I miss something?

2. Last time I playes mechanos (or what the civ is called) I noticed the "mobile fort" option. However, after take off, I could not move the flying fort. The tiles around it was hills, plains, water and desert.

3. As I am sure you know, the Hamstalfar civ seems to be broken in the hands of the AI.

Hey,

I couldnt find this being mentioned in the forum so I'll put it forward - there are some typos in the texts that pop up throughout the game, not exactly a bug I know, but nonetheless an error ;) (v.1.30.195)

1: Text with Great Bard "Furia the Mad": yourself is mispelt

2: Text with Great Engineer "(Weird Name) Ozark": The text reads "These oarsmen lets you..." and obviously should read "let" you in this case. I doubt this was intentional, as most intentional misuses of the 3rd person 's' in conjugation are done in the first person (i.e. Gollum).

I know these are small, but if they are interesting, I can report more if I find them.

Mike

I think you said you're removing the Frozen from the next version, but wanted to report this anyway, in case it indicates some larger bug. I selected the No Liberation option, but the Frozen appeared in my game. I've never had it happen before with the option selected, so was very surprised.

I went through the Event Log to find out when and how it happened and have posted a screenshot: Cheron of the Kuriotates completed the Liberation ritual on Turn 236. Again, never had it happen before, so very surprising.

I have also noticed in three seperate games I've started with the Mechanos that when I attempt to create a Mobile Fortress, it has no ability to move. All the options for move exist with it (explore mode, move mode, etc), and the path layout tied to the cursor functions as normal. The unit simply will not move.

edit

just noticed the reply to the comment on the mobile fortress not moving. Thank you for clarifying the need for a railroad.

This isn't neccesarilly a bug as it is annoying, but playing as any other leader of the mekara than janal dakar prevents you from creating behemoths. War sluga don't have an operational range, so they can't use their ranged attack str, and I haven't noticed any choosable promos for overseers outside of the ones to increase the number of units he can lead and his command range. My sluga can't use the spring and scorch spells after researching the four mana techs.

I also can't build Karas, which I suspect is because I'm not playing as Dakar, but I'm not sure of because it doesn't mention that in his entry, to my knowledge.

It is explicitly mentioned on one of his Traits, though. ;)

Well, Zaria has her own set of unique units, and the third leader isn't available yet, so I don't see how that's a problem. Pretty sure RifE doesn't support unrestricted leaders....
-CF

Well, Zaria has her own set of unique units, and the third leader isn't available yet, so I don't see how that's a problem. Pretty sure RifE doesn't support unrestricted leaders....
-CF

Its not really that off since I could picture Naxus being a Amurite who would break off from the rest of the amurites to join the mekara...janal is agnostic and I like to play as RoK with the mekara, and I'm not a big fan of playing female leaders in civ since I'm a guy so unrestricted leaders is pretty much my only option.:mischief:

I suppose in that particular case it does make you more than a bit weaker - no vampires and no Karas or Behemoths. But then, unrestricted leaders is unsupported for some very good reasons (keeping the civs more or less balanced becomes a nightmare when you can use any civ's leaders anywhere, and even if balance hasn't been a top priority lately, there's also a lot of python scripts and other mechanics that assume that the leader will only ever lead their own civ, or civs in the case of multi-civ leaders) and if anything, it'll get even less support in future - Valkrionn has talked about removing that option altogether.

That said, we will be updating all the civs for 1.4, so I might make some changes to how the Mekara work. But even if I do, it's not very likely that I'll change the restricted units for Jamal and Zaria - they're sort of meant to represent different factions within the civ, and I like them that way, quite frankly. ;)

I suppose in that particular case it does make you more than a bit weaker - no vampires and no Karas or Behemoths. But then, unrestricted leaders is unsupported for some very good reasons (keeping the civs more or less balanced becomes a nightmare when you can use any civ's leaders anywhere, and even if balance hasn't been a top priority lately, there's also a lot of python scripts and other mechanics that assume that the leader will only ever lead their own civ, or civs in the case of multi-civ leaders) and if anything, it'll get even less support in future - Valkrionn has talked about removing that option altogether.

That said, we will be updating all the civs for 1.4, so I might make some changes to how the Mekara work. But even if I do, it's not very likely that I'll change the restricted units for Jamal and Zaria - they're sort of meant to represent different factions within the civ, and I like them that way, quite frankly. ;)

I think Valk already did; I had to edit a file to be able to use unrestricted leaders.:mischief:

Can you at least let everyone build karas, and then make jakar and Zaria hero units when they aren't leading the civ(since the mekara only have one universal hero)?

I keep getting a CTD here; sorry I can't give much more info on it. Save attached.

Attachments

• Malakim3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    696 KB · Views: 89
I'm getting a weird bug playing the mekaran order; I stack-move 1 overseer, 4 sluga(using the create group from different unit types in tile option) and 7/9 the way through a movement one sluga will seperate from the group and cause me to have to move the rest of the stack back-wasting the rest of their movement points. The strange thing is all of the units have the same mp(3).

I mean its not a game breaking bug, its just really, really annoying.

Top Bottom