Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Playing as the Hamstalfar; I can't build a lighthouse(marker of the covenant) or Harbor, even with sailing. Do they require you to be adjacent to a river or something too, because that's not mentioned in their entries?

Playing as the Hamstalfar; I can't build a lighthouse(marker of the covenant) or Harbor, even with sailing. Do they require you to be adjacent to a river or something too, because that's not mentioned in their entries?

Rivers are the only requirement for those buildings.

Rivers are the only requirement for those buildings.

That seems strange...doesn't that make the hamstalfar inferior when trading compared to other civs that can build those buildings on the coast and get the trade bonus much more often(I have one city on a river so far because I didn't see that in the RiFEpedia, I only saw sailing listed in the requirements)?

That seems strange...doesn't that make the hamstalfar inferior when trading compared to other civs that can build those buildings on the coast and get the trade bonus much more often(I have one city on a river so far because I didn't see that in the RiFEpedia, I only saw sailing listed in the requirements)?

Nmeh. Hamstalfar inferior at trading? Not with all their bonuses. And given the limit on how many cities you can have, and how you'd probably want them all on a river anyway for the health bonus... Double nmeh.

Hm. Am I coming of more irritable than I mean to at the moment?

Also: Yay hooray 300 posts this officially makes me a better and more important person than anyone with fewer than 300 posts yay me.

What a_moon said, more or less. It actually makes them FAR SUPERIOR traders if you plan right; given their city limit, you should avoid coastal cities like the plague to avoid gimping any of them. Rivers are already important for health, so with good positioning there should be no problem building these.

Actually, Christmas Eve tends to make comments come off as less irritable. Congrats on the 300th post.:thumbsup:

What a_moon said, more or less. It actually makes them FAR SUPERIOR traders if you plan right; given their city limit, you should avoid coastal cities like the plague to avoid gimping any of them. Rivers are already important for health, so with good positioning there should be no problem building these.

But you get a 100% trade bonus for trading with oversea cities right? My cities were cut off from any river area in this game(I landed on an archipelago). I guess I should have reloaded if I knew the hamstalfar were river based...oh well, I'm still in 2nd place so far(I'm behind by literally a few points). They're a fun civ to play.:)

Well...I was half right(gold fish). Will their millitary be focused around mana users, like the high elves from the Elder Scrolls series?

No... The Gyldalfar are the Hamstalfar minus the hamsters.

Your not just making another civ exactly like the hamstalfar though, right? There's a recon unit alfar civ, an archery one, a siege unit one(hamstalfar); now there needs to be a melee or arcane focused alfar civ.

Your not just making another civ exactly like the hamstalfar though, right? There's a recon unit alfar civ, an archery one, a siege unit one(hamstalfar); now there needs to be a melee or arcane focused alfar civ.

:(

No idea how to be clearer about this. The Gyldalfar ARE the Hamstalfar. The hamsters are being removed, lore rewritten, and a few changes made, but otherwise the two are the same civ. They simply gain a polearm focus due to the addition of the mulyalfar, and the birds move from eagles to aquilan. Hamsters are gone.

:(

No idea how to be clearer about this. The Gyldalfar ARE the Hamstalfar. The hamsters are being removed, lore rewritten, and a few changes made, but otherwise the two are the same civ. They simply gain a polearm focus due to the addition of the mulyalfar, and the birds move from eagles to aquilan. Hamsters are gone.

Oh sorry, didn't pick up on that.

Hi,
playing Rev 288, I can't change religion : error screen (python?)

EDIT : it seemed I played with version 284 and not 288

(can't take a screeshot so 'ill describe) :
------------------------------
traceback :
file CVScreensInterface line 706 in handlesupport
file CVreligionscreen line 490 in handlesupport
file CVreligionscreen line 570 in Religionscreenbutton

name error : globalname 'add popup" not defined.
------------------------------

I hope it helps.

Attachments

• RifE 1.31 Chislev won.CivBeyondSwordSave
    568.8 KB · Views: 190
Hi,

First awesome mod and loads of work !!

I noticed following bugs
-Healers (the unit which comes as the Great Person) can not be hasted.

-Elfes can build on top of forests, but it seems to take longer in new forest.
I noticed that I built a mine on a tile and had 1 turn left, then my Priest finished Bloom, afterwards it took many turns more
(see bugfixing in next post)

-Elfes are slowed down by New Forests (after bloom) even when they have Woodsman2

-Flyers dont use roads, Flyers can only fly, but that doesnt make sense when your army is already speeding away on the roads inside your territory

-Scorching a tile (Sun 1) covered by an Ancient Forest but INSIDE your own territory is causing a Demonic Hidden Treant to appear. This highly annoying and a XP-Farm for your Rangers and Archers.
Basically you need to assemble an entire Terraforming team of 1 Adept, and several units (or 2 Fire-Mages) just in order to turns those taigas into arable land. Lots of Micro-Management is necessary as well.

-Terraforming exploit: A combination of Scorch (Sun1) and Spring (Water1)
Spring on Taigas turns them into Marsh and Scorch on Marsh turns it in into Grassland.
Spring on plains turns it either into Marsh or into Taigas and in the end you can terraform any land into grassland without Virtualize
I dont know whether this was intended

Suggestion 1:
I always add 100% Withdrawal to Combat III or at least to the Hero promotion. People reload anyway when their hero or these few highly promoted units die after attacking, especially with those 90+ odds. So why not just wound them seriously, so they are out of business for some while, but still around. You can still kill any unit on defense even in these circumstances.

Suggestion 2:
The original FFH has the Excel-editor, but the editor has no import-function, so I can not easily use it for your version. I suppose you use the same editor but with your stats ? Could you please upload the same in this case? That would be awesome!!

Hi,

Issue with workrates after Bloom

Spoiler :
needs to be adjusted in CivPromotions
the
Promotion ForestWorkRate
misses
Feature_Forest_New
as Prerequisite

Issue with slow Elfes in new Forests

Spoiler :

Forest_New is missing in

Promotion_Elf
Promotion_Dark_Elf
Promotion_Woodsman1
Promotion_Woodsman2

and I would also change following

Promotion_Elf and Dark_Elf
<FeatureMoveCost>
<FeatureType>FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT</FeatureType>
<iFeatureMoveCost>-2</iFeatureMoveCost>
</FeatureMoveCost>

So that Elfes are totally unhindered by forested territories

Issue with Healer
Spoiler :
I have also assigned her as COMBAT_COMMANDER, maybe this helps without causing too much other troubles

I am trying to rewritte Flying

Spoiler :

in Promotion_
Fly_no_eplore
Pegasus_Rider
Pegasus_Rider_Austerin
Flying

instead of <bflying>1</bflying>

I am trying to use

no terrainmovementcosts and other stuff to allow for full flight and the usage of roads

Suggestion 3:

Why not to add ForestDefense 10 to the Elf-promotions ?

Hi,

First awesome mod and loads of work !!

I noticed following bugs
-Healers (the unit which comes as the Great Person) can not be hasted.

-Elfes can build on top of forests, but it seems to take longer in new forest.
I noticed that I built a mine on a tile and had 1 turn left, then my Priest finished Bloom, afterwards it took many turns more

-Elfes are slowed down by New Forests (after bloom) even when they have Woodsman2

-Flyers dont use roads, Flyers can only fly, but that doesnt make sense when your army is already speeding away on the roads inside your territory

-Scorching a tile (Sun 1) covered by an Ancient Forest but INSIDE your own territory is causing a Demonic Hidden Treant to appear. This highly annoying and a XP-Farm for your Rangers and Archers.
Basically you need to assemble an entire Terraforming team of 1 Adept, and several units (or 2 Fire-Mages) just in order to turns those taigas into arable land. Lots of Micro-Management is necessary as well.

-Terraforming exploit: A combination of Scorch (Sun1) and Spring (Water1)
Spring on Taigas turns them into Marsh and Scorch on Marsh turns it in into Grassland.
Spring on plains turns it either into Marsh or into Taigas and in the end you can terraform any land into grassland without Virtualize
I dont know whether this was intended

Suggestion 1:
I always add 100% Withdrawal to Combat III or at least to the Hero promotion. People reload anyway when their hero or these few highly promoted units die after attacking, especially with those 90+ odds. So why not just wound them seriously, so they are out of business for some while, but still around. You can still kill any unit on defense even in these circumstances.

Suggestion 2:
The original FFH has the Excel-editor, but the editor has no import-function, so I can not easily use it for your version. I suppose you use the same editor but with your stats ? Could you please upload the same in this case? That would be awesome!!

I think the increased build times on forests is something that has been around since Civ IV, and I agree with you about new forests.:goodjob:When you build on a tile you can wait untill your workers only have 2 turns to finish their build orders and then start using bloom.

The terraforming suggestions are sort of a moot point though; I think the RiFE team decided a while back they're taking out terraforming for 1.4.

If I can make a request...
Suggestion 1:

could this be implemented in 1.4?:mischief: This is literally one of the best ideas since Valkrionn invented the hamster wheel.

Subdue Animal appears to be failing to capture units for any civilization, although Command still works.

Same here, just followed Valk's instructions about installing the latest version (from another thread, not really familiar with SVN myself). Same problem, subdue animal broken, played Svartalfar, so far broken for assassins, hunters and rangers - checked even the monster type shown, it IS animal not beast, same can be seen at the combats odds screen (+....% vs animal). Anyway to fix this, kinda brakes the idea of going early hunters/animal husbandry for blood and additional happiness which is core to most of my high difficulty games?

Top Bottom