Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Can't seem to access city actions for worldspells/mist/etc, not sure why. Problem with the UI installation? Anything I'm doing wrong or settings that might mess with it?

EDIT: Further testing, including a reinstall, still can't find the City Actions as an option. Tried with several civs, made sure I met the requirements for their worldspells, nothin'.

EDIT2: Okay. More testing, a reinstall, and making sure not to use anything that would affect the UI, I seem to have fixed the issue.

Not sure if a bug per se, but I seem to be building structures in cities I already have, or that I should have. Has this happened before? or is some of my enemies doing this without any pop ups?

Not sure if a bug per se, but I seem to be building structures in cities I already have, or that I should have. Has this happened before? or is some of my enemies doing this without any pop ups?

What are the buildings in question?

What are the buildings in question?

Well, I am not 100% sure, but basic buildings, playing Grigori, so Museum and the like, Courthouses too from what I've been able to see. things I am sure I built on those cities ages ago and yet...

I am running the public Beta BTW, from the SVN

not likely ^^ how did that happen ?

Well, you see, when a mama centeur and a daddy musteval love each other very much-the daddy musteval jumps onto the back of the mama centeur and is subsequently kicked off of a nearby, conveniantly placed 500ft cliff into a bed of jagged spikes. However, when the rare daddy musteval comes up to the centeur and says "Hey baby, lets go make some fuzzy, mutant babies in a stable."

the mother centeur replies "But your just so d*****d ugly."

the musteval replies "Silly centeur, there ain't no lights in this time period."

to which the mother replies "Lets do this thing." And thus a baby musteval centeur is born!

Wait-you meant in game terms, didn't you? I'm not sure, I've only seen one, and by the time of this post it was long gone from the game. Sorry, that's about all I can tell you.

hey,

My friend and I have problems with a repeatable CTD on the Erebus maps, it usually happens on or around turn 123.

We are playing v.131.195 in multiplayer. Large or huge maps. 16 civs.

Since multiplayer is VERY important to us, we hope that something in our savefile may help you weed out this bug. This error doesn't seem to happen when using the Inland Sea map. I know many of you don't seem to do much MP with Rife, but others do and I really hope 1.4 will make it more stable.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20944440/AutoSave_Turn_0121.CivBeyondSwordSave

Cheers

hey,

My friend and I have problems with a repeatable CTD on the Erebus maps, it usually happens on or around turn 123.

We are playing v.131.195 in multiplayer. Large or huge maps. 16 civs.

Since multiplayer is VERY important to us, we hope that something in our savefile may help you weed out this bug. This error doesn't seem to happen when using the Inland Sea map. I know many of you don't seem to do much MP with Rife, but others do and I really hope 1.4 will make it more stable.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20944440/AutoSave_Turn_0121.CivBeyondSwordSave

Cheers

When you say a CTD, do you mean a graphics allocation failure pop-up or...

Whole lotta goblins.:crazyeye:

@Nappenroy If it is a CtD try going into your control panel>System area in the start-up menu, get into advanced system settings. There will be a properties screen, go to the advanced tab and click settings under performance, go to the advanced tab again on the pop-up and click change under virtual memory, and change to a number you feel will work for you(I changed the max RAM to 8984MB and it's working for me).

Of course, if its not a MAF, this won't help you at all.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword 2011-10-31 00-18-41-55.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2011-10-31 00-18-41-55.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 269
I still feel like the ai is misconstruing the value of "special" resources. For example, in my game I frequently get asked to trade for my mana and I was just offered patrian artifacts from the scions.

Hi, well I have a quite serious bug to report.

Just been playing a game and the Bannor are defeated. However their name dissappears then reappears continually on the leaderboard, each time calling their defeat again. This keeps ramping up the Armageddon counter to 100, triggering that end game condition, however you cant end the game because the Bannor are still being defeated.

I suspect it has something to do with require complete kills but I cant spot any rouge Bannor units on the map.

Is this a known issue? I did a quick search but couldnt find anything...

Hi, well I have a quite serious bug to report.

Just been playing a game and the Bannor are defeated. However their name dissappears then reappears continually on the leaderboard, each time calling their defeat again. This keeps ramping up the Armageddon counter to 100, triggering that end game condition, however you cant end the game because the Bannor are still being defeated.

I suspect it has something to do with require complete kills but I cant spot any rouge Bannor units on the map.

Is this a known issue? I did a quick search but couldnt find anything...

Try looking for any bannor forts that they left behind, that can cause that bug with some civs whether complete kills is on or not.

I found the problem, it was to do with treasure chests. There was one in their city which i deleted then another on a remote island which showed up as blue on the map which I also deleted. Then they died gracefully :)

I'm guessing the treasure chests are technically owned by the country that needs to find it as part of the mechanics of the quest.

Probably, yes. We'll really need to do something about that, though.

Probably, yes. We'll really need to do something about that, though.

Why do treasure chests defy the boundry between the "Require complete kills" option being on/off, in the first place, though? It doesn't seem like it should cause those kinds of problems.

Don't know if you're still interested in bug reports on version 1.30, but if you are, I'm getting a WoC hang at the end of this turn; just hit "Enter."

Top Bottom