Rise of Mankind 2.9 discussion

Dont know for sure if this is the same as the Chinese units or not, but the figures for the Rifleman and the Calvary for the Japanese units in the box area is BLACK? all other units so far up to this point were normal color?

If you don't like it, you can change it easily. Just open your GlobalDefines.xml file and change this the number on this line:MIN_CITY_RANGE

Thx i keep forgetting about that darn stuff

1. the AI still is in love with the cottage to town progression.
2. It will build a few farms near rivers (mostly on flood plains) and mines only on resources.
3. Still loves forts on resources.
4. Still chops jungles to build cottages. Only occasionally will build jungle camp.

JosEPh

Today's eventful evening included:

Next I'd like to hear feedback about beta's overal gameplay balance.

Only one more thing, there seems to be an absent of roaming animals, i was playing even on Snail (i couldn't take the slowness, so i had to stop, i dont see how alot of you'll have patients to play that slow :)crazyeye:) and on a Continent (i figure is quite normal) only ran into about three or four animals (i am the only one on the continent).:mischief:

I still dont like some of the str's of the exploring units (these are MY opinions).

Nice to have extra units (but is more, less?) air defense units in particular (the AI only use them for attacking and not making air vehicles)

WithOUT AND there is alot of need for more defense on the cities. (With AND is fine then)

When playing as Rome the PRAETORIAN (str 8) can be beaten by a lonely Javelin unit (of only str 3, when lucky)

Too many mechanical units can be claimed at the same tech tree area, but with the str differences way out of proportion for some of them. Same as some of the nano stuff.

Is there any harm to RoM if a person puts back the original CvEventManager and plays both yours and that one?

I see the Forts now have ALOT better production/coinage factor, makes for a better game now.

Is it better to play RoM with a LOW Anti-Alasing or a HIGHER one (Range 2 thru 16) which is best suited for RoM?

Is there any harm to RoM if a person puts back the original CvEventManager and plays both yours and that one?

Is it better to play RoM with a LOW Anti-Alasing or a HIGHER one (Range 2 thru 16) which is best suited for RoM?
Thanks for great info :)

I think you can use CvEventManager as before... if it's not defined through BUG, then you can use whatever old eventmanagers you want with the old methods. However the eventmanagers shouldn't be doing the exact same things or some odd things will happen (like that national movie playing twice bug).

I don't use Anti-aliasing at all - everything else is on high detail levels, so I don't have an answer to your question. :lol:

You put the Applied Economics quote twice.
And here are the techs that are missing quotes:

DNA Computing

"If you can write DNA, you're no longer limited to 'what is' but to what you could make." - Drew Endy

Representative Democracy

"Everybody counts in applying democracy. And there will never be a true democracy until every responsible and law-abiding adult in it, without regard to race, sex, color or creed has his or her own inalienable and unpurchasable voice in government." - Carrie Chapman Catt

"Democracy is just a word. You have to give it meaning. The US is not a democracy. Most Americans do not vote. We haven't had a real choice for a long, long time now. Wealth rules. Corporations rule. The US is a plutocracy -- government by wealthy people. Certain people control multinational corporations. You couldn't get elected in the US without lots of money." - Ramsey Clark

Could you check your BtS folder and see if there's OOSLog.txt? If I could get that log file from both players I could compare the files to see what was different.

Better BtS AI 0.84b is in the 2.9beta version. The wonder limit is set in 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML\GameDefines.xml' file. Search for WONDER in that file in notepad and when found correct define, set it to -1 for unlimited wonders per city.
Sorry I cant work out how to attach the text files, but looking through them, its the top two lines that are the only differance. Next Map Rand Value and Next Soren Rand Value. All of the Soren Values are differant, most of the map values are differant but not on all of them. Every thing else in the file looks the same.

Next Map Rand Value: 244
Next Soren Rand Value: 5508
Total num cities: 19
Total population: 82
Total Deals: 6
Total owned plots: 446
Total num areas: 21

Next Map Rand Value: 1205
Next Soren Rand Value: 6414
Total num cities: 19
Total population: 82
Total Deals: 6
Total owned plots: 446
Total num areas: 21

I have had no problems with balance, although I forgot to turn off cultural victory and have not made it into the modern era yet. Some AI civs can handle Revolutions and some can't but that is a RevDCM problem probably. Marathon seems a bit fast (building can't keep up with tech) and Snail a bit slow. Overall I think it is good.

Okay, is it just me that thinks that the AI's cities should have mines, farms, windmills, watermills, lumberyards, and then just an occasional cottage->town tiles?

Instead I have AI's that have as high as 15 tiles around their city with cottage->towns. I can provide screenies. This IS excessive use of cottages IMHO. But maybe that's what you all like, I don't know? Just seems very unbalanced to me.

Shouldn't the AI be building all the above? Or should I follow the AI and just build cottages? And if that is the case then 4/5's of the games building and tile improvements are useless and could be removed. Then RoM could be more streamlined! All you would need to do is Spam cottages, build units, go to war, destroy AI, and Gameover! I have to ask,"Is that where RoM is heading?"

Another note, I Always test RoM's betas Without REVDCM on.

WARNING! Just My Personal Opinion; but REV is an insidious snake that has harmed RoM's development more than helping it. It is making RoM 1 dimensional. Cultural, Space Race, Religious Domination are being destroyed and eliminated in favor of Conquest and Sole Survivor Victories. Please save RoM from it's clutches! (And yes I'm being melodramatic to emphasis a point.)

JosEPh (an original RoM'er who is seeing his favorite mod being devoured by another Mod's influence) :(

Joseph, this opinion of yours already is known by most civfanatics. I, by myself, already read it from 10 to 15 times. What you don't seem to understand is that you're a small minority here in RoM forum. I estimate it as 3 or 4 people. Please, please let it go... ;)

Okay, is it just me that thinks that the AI's cities should have mines, farms, windmills, watermills, lumberyards, and then just an occasional cottage->town tiles?

Instead I have AI's that have as high as 15 tiles around their city with cottage->towns. I can provide screenies. This IS excessive use of cottages IMHO. But maybe that's what you all like, I don't know? Just seems very unbalanced to me.

Shouldn't the AI be building all the above? Or should I follow the AI and just build cottages? And if that is the case then 4/5's of the games building and tile improvements are useless and could be removed. Then RoM could be more streamlined! All you would need to do is Spam cottages, build units, go to war, destroy AI, and Gameover! I have to ask,"Is that where RoM is heading?"

Better AI is working on Worker AI right now, because, as they have found, a lot of the code is pretty bad. ;)

It's not really RoM's fault. Pick up BTS vanilla and you can watch the AI tear down cottages for farms and vice versa. :mischief:

Joseph, this opinion of yours already is known by most civfanatics. I, by myself, already read it from 10 to 15 times. What you don't seem to understand is that you're a small minority here in RoM forum. I estimate it as 3 or 4 people. Please, please let it go... ;)

Joseph is entitled to his opinion, even if I think he is dead wrong. :p

I will admit that Revolutions *hates* multiple religions in a city if you're using any religious civics other than Free Religion pretty much. Either that or I shouldn't be playing with RevDCM on Monarch :D

The thing that I have to say has probably been said many times before. I think that there needs to be some differentiation between the new unique units and the normal units. From what I can see they are pretty much identical even down to strength. I know it is a pretty big ask but it might really make a reason to pick some civs that otherwise would get overlooked.

The thing that I have to say has probably been said many times before. I think that there needs to be some differentiation between the new unique units and the normal units. From what I can see they are pretty much identical even down to strength. I know it is a pretty big ask but it might really make a reason to pick some civs that otherwise would get overlooked.

*Sigh*

You have fundimentally confused Unique Units and Civ-Specific Units. Most of RoM's UU's are just different looking units with historical names. These are Civ-Specific Units. UU's are units that are special and more powerful than normal. Each Civ still has only 1 of these. There's no problem here... move along now.

Konrad, do you remember Moai Statues issue? :D

Seriously, let JosEPh_II express his concerns and opinions. We can discuss them, we can't dismiss them.

If Limited Religion has disappeared from RevDCM, will it be making an appearance in RoM or AND?

Well, Limited Religion always seemed to work fine for me. Multiple religions and Revolutions do not agree :(

Top Bottom