Role Play Challenge: SuperGenius Darius

Considering all your production a very unsatisfactory number of other civilizations have been wiped out. :hammer:

It's that little problem of the ocean! Astronomy/frigates/galleons first!

It's that little problem of the ocean! Astronomy/frigates/galleons first!

They were in reach of galleys. ;)

Though I understand why you wouldn't want to have a build a million of those to slowly ship off.

i'd say buddhism would be your best bet, your HE city has that religion, may be worth spreading it about a bit more though.

i think you should hit either Justin/ gilgamesh first to avoid the DOW on friend penalties

Wow, 5 religions in your cities, and no city with more than 1 religion. I think if you're going to draft/adopt theocracy, it'd be good to pick a religion and have a couple cities spam missionaries to spread it.

You could always try for the ever so weird culture victory without a cottage.

I am thinking of Buddhism to keep Isabella off my back and draft at least Combat I rifles.

Izzy is hindu - Justin is buddhist. I'd say hinduism, take out Justin (the score leader) in a holy war with your Happy Hindu Buddies Club.

Supergenius Darius: Part V

well, we finally got some excitement here, and perhaps a little activity!

Techwise we went: Chemistry/Steel/Steam Power.

we started by taking some of our rfiles and taking some barbarina cities

That felt so good I went and took another!

Soon we popped our nest GP

Danged! We saved him for now, anticapting we may be able to obtain a holy city in teh near future.

Once we built the Globe Theater in Athens for Drafting we switched civics

And then

Buddhism! Simply becaus ethat religion was already in most of our key military cities. We built a Monestary and starting spreading it.

Soon war broke out overseas

We made some trades

Which got Justinian to Friendly and we adopted a Defensive Pact.

And for now we are still trading with Sury

We also made some trades with Mansa who appears to be a new colony

Good old Mansa, always great for those crazy trades.

This allowed us to make more trades with our frined Justinian

Allowing us to change civics again

That was 10 turns of anarchy in this segment!

And I finally decided to start some military action

To Be Continued...

Supergenius Darius: Part V continued

Yes Gilgamesh,. we have something to discuss

Unfortunately we have some crashers to our Party

Fortunately, with our empire size and production we can pop out units to defend ourselves, and perhaps put the smackdown on everyone.

We also immediately got this random event

Yes, a free Great General in the capital. Sure, we'll take that!

And very soon Justinian get's into the fight

And since Justinian's vassal Zara is one turn from rifling and likely to trade it away, we made this trade

OK, enough of that.

We quickly kicked Gilgamesh off our continent, and landed on the next closest

As you can see, Sury also has an island near us which we also take.

We load up the troops again (cannons/rifles/cavalry) and move onto

At this point we declared peace with Sury who is still at war with Isabella and Justinian.

I tried an attack on Gilgamesh's core cities, but I was stretched a bit too much, so

We once again made another trade with Justinian

And finally made peace with Isabella.

At this point we finished Steam Power and came to some critical choice.

First this trade

And we finally got a GP we liked

Which leaves us with a big choice for theis food/hammer economy: State Property or Sid's?????

The world is still at war

Except Gilgamesh and us.

So that is where we are at!

A few things to discuss or decide

1) SP or Corps? Which do you want to see???

2) Victory PAth?? Space, Domination, or Culture??? Personally, I think the fun and power of a hammer economy is devastating late game military action. However, we certainly can go after the culture win as we have 5 religions in our cities.

3) Techpath: Do we go Assembly Line for factories/infantry or RR/Combustion to dominate the seas?

SP -> hammer economy and take over the world with tanks.

That's what I want to see. Military cities pumping out lvl5 tanks every turn. westpoints and pentagons and mech infantry and stealth bombers.

I don't even care if you win fast or slow, I just want to see a global war with lots and lots of troops being blown up.

See how many GG's you can earn?

I hope, by being first to respond, you see that my idea is obviously the best.

CR3 C5 tanks with Blitz and mobility roaming the plains, each individually named, like buffalo.

Gift away all the military techs if you have, to keep it interesting! (just rp that some crazy russian guy is playing a crazy spy economy *cough* and stealing all your techs to sell to the highest bidders)

I agree. While a cultural win without cottages would be fun, I think utter destruction at the hands of the workshops is best.

How much food would Sid's give you? It would have to be a whole lot to justify missing out on all the food state property would give you with all your workshops.

Definitely SP and steamroll the world. In a hammer economy you can't pass on a civic that gives you 10% hammers. Corporations just don't fit the theme of this game.

As far as victory conditions, has to be domination or conquest. Culture really doesn't go along with a hammer economy, and space is more about research than production. I think most people want to see lots of cities pumping out lots of tanks.

This game emphasizes food and production and SP gives you both (although corps do that do but they aren't as fun as industrious central planning).

Do you want to spoil your hard workers with Sushi??? You want them to become soft??? Where is your pride? State property for the best workers in the world. Produce, produce, produce!!!! You came to this RPC to chew bubble gum and kick some a.. and you are all out of bubble gum.

I say State Property. You need more money immediately to get Assembly Line, rather than spending extra time producing Corp Executives. Plus, with an emperor this big, you could use a lot from a Golden Age.

A few things to discuss or decide

1) SP or Corps? Which do you want to see???

Stay in SP, use the GM/GP for a GA for a tade mission later

2) Victory PAth?? Space, Domination, or Culture??? Personally, I think the fun and power of a hammer economy is devastating late game military action. However, we certainly can go after the culture win as we have 5 religions in our cities.

With the HE & SP demands domination. Having those high level tank/infantry/arty you can steamroll everyone

3) Techpath: Do we go Assembly Line for factories/infantry or RR/Combustion to dominate the seas?

I believe AL then RR/Comb to take over the other continent. Loading tanks/inf/arty onto transports(beats galleons) upgrade your transports to Nav I for faster movement.

KILL KILL:ar15:

Top Bottom