Roleplaying games anyone?

superunknown

Fake Plastic Head
Does anyone hear play some kind of roleplaying game? Like Dungeons and Dragons and such. I'm a devoted roleplayer and will probably keep doing it for a long time.
At the moment me and my friends are playing Ars Magica and a swedish game called Eon.

Originally posted by superunknown
Care to tell me a bit more than that?

Right now im playing Fantasy, but i dont do that so much, i like Vampire and Fution(dont know if you say that in english) better.

I played "Das Schwarze Auge " (The Black Eye) for a long time, but because a lot of people from my group moved (including me);)
I did not play it for quite a while.

I used to in High School. I don't anymore. I never really enjoyed the role-playing aspect as much as the strategy and puzzle solving. So the games we did play were about 10 minutes role-playing 1 hour board-game of Battletech. And our games and the outcome had effect on future games.

**Thus why I have a Battlemech as an avatar**

Yep, I'm a junkie. I usually play about twice a week with two completely different groups.

I've played just about every type of game too, with a great variety in success.

Its by far the geekiest activity in the world. Glad my identity is still secret :mischief:

Originally posted by Greadius

Its by far the geekiest activity in the world. Glad my identity is still secrete :mischief:

sure? :mischief:

I play D&D too.
we play every friday night in a bar owned by one of the players :beer:
oh, and we hear some celtic music too.
what are your characters?

hmm.. most of you play D&D, here is an advise, try something else, then you discover how boring D&D really is.

I have played also Bubble Gum Crissis (based in the anime)
in the Tokyo 2040.
also the Mage ( :mwaha: great game)

you're right Yoda, there are other good games :)

Sure, roleplay is fun - played a lot of differnet games (DoD, Westlands, Western, Kult, Mutant 2, Nya Mutant, Noetec, Chaldaie, Werwolf... and so on, most DoD, mutant, Chaldaie

i think the most fun games are the one made yourself(or one of your friends;) ), not using any book, or maybe just use a book to get knowledge about races etc.

edit- and when you dont have any real rules, you just do what would be most realistic/fun/interesting.

I watch wrestling something like once every two weeks. That's about the geekiest thing I can do. No RPG for me ;) I played D&D maybe four times in high school, that's it.

Wrestling is redneck though, and has at least gone mainstream.

I think the game isn't nearly as important as the group; if the group is good, the game doesn't matter. D&D, for example, is a general concensus rule for people like me who switch locations and groups occassionally. There have been some great campaigns, and some really, really bad ones.

I've been playing D&D and other systems off and on for 20 plus years. I've been mostly running campaigns instead of playing for the last 15 or so of those years.

I've played various other systems over the years. To each his own, of course, but out of all of the other systems we touched on, both homegrown and purchased, we always kept turning back to D&D. Then again, we were often heavy on both sides of Roleplaying and Hack&Slash, so the D&D games always stayed interesting.

Now, of course, everyone in our group has scattered, so there's not enough people around to make a decent game up anymore...
Sigh...Those were the days! :viking:

I used to play Rolemaster and MERP systems, as well as the original Chivalry & Sorcery system (and its spin offs). I enjoyed Space Opera Traveller, among others. I used to play D&D until I found other games that were more challenging.

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, the people moved.

I used to play in High School. Many moons ago. AD&D and some Star Trek: The RPG. That was fun. For a summer we played TMNT, that was a blast. But no real interest since then.

When I got my computer back, in '99, I looked into the D&D style games, and got into Diablo. So D2 is a bit boring for me, cuz it's the same thing over and over, but it's fun to go in there and just hack stuff up.

Nice to see there are some roleplayers here. Yes it is a very geeky activity, but very fun.
When I play with my group (I almost allways lead the campaign) there is about 80% laugh and jokes and 20% playing. I play mostly for the fun of it, not because its so damn serious.

Top Bottom