RoM Latest Version

Love the game and all the improvements made. Would like to see a leader with the Charasmatic and Financial traits although I like the Scientific and Financial traits of Mansa Musa. I play Monarch and need to step up to the next harder level as I keep winning domination victories before I get tanks. Keep up the good work...

Charismatic/Financial was the original trait distribution for Hannibal (of the Carthaginians), but he was changed to Financial/Seafaring, I believe. I'd like to see that particular pairing come back, but most of the pairings in the mod currently are fine.

One thing I'd like to address, though. Even though we have lots of new traits added, we now have *three* leaders with the same trait pairing: Philosophical/Humanitarian. This pairing works well for Ghandi, but the other two might do with a bit of tweaking for versatility. I understand not wanting Humanitarian/Charismatic on a leader, so what else could we give the other two Philosophical/Humanitarians?

Charismatic/Financial was the original trait distribution for Hannibal (of the Carthaginians), but he was changed to Financial/Seafaring, I believe. I'd like to see that particular pairing come back, but most of the pairings in the mod currently are fine.

One thing I'd like to address, though. Even though we have lots of new traits added, we now have *three* leaders with the same trait pairing: Philosophical/Humanitarian. This pairing works well for Ghandi, but the other two might do with a bit of tweaking for versatility. I understand not wanting Humanitarian/Charismatic on a leader, so what else could we give the other two Philosophical/Humanitarians?

Well, I can help you out with a module I have been working on, and plan to release soon (I need to get the Diplomacy Music working, everything else is done), it includes a Charismatic/Scientific (I'll leave the leader a secret), which is close to Charismatic/Financial. A later module is planned to include a Humanitarian/Charismatic. Since Hammurabi is a Humanitarian/Aggressive, I do not see the problem with having a Humanitarian/Charismatic. I do agree with the point about changing a Philosophical/Humanitarian, assuming that any could be given another trait which matches the leader historically.

Well, I can help you out with a module I have been working on, and plan to release soon (I need to get the Diplomacy Music working, everything else is done), it includes a Charismatic/Scientific (I'll leave the leader a secret), which is close to Charismatic/Financial. A later module is planned to include a Humanitarian/Charismatic. Since Hammurabi is a Humanitarian/Aggressive, I do not see the problem with having a Humanitarian/Charismatic. I do agree with the point about changing a Philosophical/Humanitarian, assuming that any could be given another trait which matches the leader historically.

The issue with Humanitarian/Charismatic isn't the combat bonuses of Charismatic, but all the happiness bonuses. From the two traits without any buildings, your cities already are at +2 happiness. Add a monument (builds twice as fast under the Folklore civic) and a healer's hut (builds twice as fast from the Humanitarian trait), and your city is now at +4 happiness over what most other leaders can accomplish, and +2 over what any leader with just one of those traits can manage. That kind of boost to your early game effective city sizes is more than a little unbalancing.

When does Healer's Hut give Happiness? It only ever gives me +2 Health. I've been shafted!

And from monument I only get 1 culture. No happy face Unless I'm spending 25% of my budget on Culture. And early game that's not gonna happen.

Are you playing 2.71?

If every leader had those traits then yes it could be "unbalancing" but only a few have Hum or Char.

I just don't see it.

JosEPh :)

When does Healer's Hut give Happiness? It only ever gives me +2 Health. I've been shafted!

And from monument I only get 1 culture. No happy face Unless I'm spending 25% of my budget on Culture. And early game that's not gonna happen.

Are you playing 2.71?

If every leader had those traits then yes it could be "unbalancing" but only a few have Hum or Char.

I just don't see it.

JosEPh :)

The Healer's Hut gives +1 happiness if your leader is Humanitarian. So does the Hospital, and I believe the Doctor's Office.

And I'm not saying that one or the other of those traits would be unbalancing. I'm saying that if one leader had both Humanitarian *and* Charismatic, that would be unbalancing, as that leader could easily get a large happiness bonus over other civs.

I see what you are saying, Nightguard. However, there are plenty of combinations which can be "unbalancing" (i.e. Industrious/Philosophical (due to Wonders giving GP points), Aggressive or Charismatic/Scientific or Financial (High-tech, high promoted military), Agricultural/Expansive (Pretty much free population)). Personally, I find that strategy matters more than the traits in and of themselves, knowing how to use a Protective/Creative leaders can be a more dangerous player than someone who does not fully understand the power of Industrious/Philosophical.

However, for the leaderheads I have planned, I try to chose traits based on history while trying to prevent overlap; balancing traits is only a minor concern.

Wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask, but where can I download the extra civs?

Wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask, but where can I download the extra civs?

Zappara's civ pack.

Also, AAranda has several civ packs, they are currently high up on the Modpacks list.

Check out the Modmods subforum for other modules.

Hope you find what civ/civs you are looking for.

Hi, are there any unit textures/skins made into pack for RoM? I was poking around and didn't see any, but that doesn't mean they don't exist, I suppose.

ive been making some modifications to rom 2.71 and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to change the techs that enable cities to build: culture (music), science (alphabet), wealth (currency) and espionage (idk) to other techs?

For instance, how can I have ritualism enable cities to build culture as opposed to music? I looked in the xml techinfos file at the techs that enable these things, but couldnt find anywhere to change the values..

Thanks.

ive been making some modifications to rom 2.71 and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to change the techs that enable cities to build: culture (music), science (alphabet), wealth (currency) and espionage (idk) to other techs?

For instance, how can I have ritualism enable cities to build culture as opposed to music? I looked in the xml techinfos file at the techs that enable these things, but couldnt find anywhere to change the values..

Thanks.

You need to get ProcessInfos.xml from vanilla (not BtS) Assets/XML/GameInfos. Copy that file over ot the Rom/Assets/XML/GameInfos. Then look in it with Noepad and you will see the techs there. Also, you should change number "50" to 100 because 50 is for vanilla one. BtS tend to use 100% of hammers for culture, wealth, and research.

Edit: Jooyo has a modmod for Espionage processing.

You need to get ProcessInfos.xml from vanilla (not BtS) Assets/XML/GameInfos. Copy that file over ot the Rom/Assets/XML/GameInfos. Then look in it with Noepad and you will see the techs there. Also, you should change number "50" to 100 because 50 is for vanilla one. BtS tend to use 100% of hammers for culture, wealth, and research.

Edit: Jooyo has a modmod for Espionage processing.

thanks a lot, could you provide a link to the espionage processing modmod?

thanks a lot, could you provide a link to the espionage processing modmod?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=314346

The modmods are explained within that thread. There is no download link for the espionage process mod alone; rather it is bundled with the rest:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y1j3ac

As is apparent, the archive is meant to be extracted to your Rise of Mankind folder. If you want the Espionage Process part alone, just delete all other folders in the Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Jooyo directory except Espionage Process. I suppose you could also delete the custom .dll and the XML and Unloaded Modules folders as well... but DON'T delete the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file(s),

But of course, it is recommended you check out all the other cool Jooyo modmods ;)

For of you who do not use Jooyo or Afforess mods that require their custom DLL, you can easily go to this post, and download the file.

Just unzip the dll to RoM/Assets and overwrite. back up the original dll if you want to before overwriting.

Enjoy.

Hey guys, I had to buy a new PC and was hoping to get going on RoM again. When I tried to download the mega pack 2.62 it said the link no longer worked. Anybody know where I can get the full install again? Thanks!

Hey guys, I had to buy a new PC and was hoping to get going on RoM again. When I tried to download the mega pack 2.62 it said the link no longer worked. Anybody know where I can get the full install again? Thanks!

Why on´t you try 2.71 for BtS 3.19?

For of you who do not use Jooyo or Afforess mods that require their custom DLL, you can easily go to this post, and download the file.

Just unzip the dll to RoM/Assets and overwrite. back up the original dll if you want to before overwriting.

Enjoy.

i replaced the rom game core dll with the new one but got a runtime error when i tried to load a saved game that i was in the middle of. do i have to start a new game for the new game core dll to work?

Absolutely. A new DLL means a new game. It's like with Morrowind and changing the loaded esm files.

i replaced the rom game core dll with the new one but got a runtime error when i tried to load a saved game that i was in the middle of. do i have to start a new game for the new game core dll to work?

Yes, forgot to add this warning.

WARNING: For future players, the dll is NOT savegame compatible so you need to start over again.

Yes, forgot to add this warning.

WARNING: For future players, the dll is NOT savegame compatible so you need to start over again.

tried to start a new game with the dll and things like the rev mod option & the barb civs forming option in the custom game screen were missing, then when i launched the game, the units were there, but the interface wasnt on the screen (in game).

im overwriting the default game core dll in the rom/assets folder, so im not sure what is wrong

Top Bottom