RoM Latest Version

Wewew, i played this mod yesterday (v2.71), and i found some problems:

-Trait Financial +1 Commerce per Traderoute but when i have Traderoute, and check trade board, no Commerce added :). Then, i tried to make traderoute + Food or Prod, and nothing happen again :).

-Some National Wonder can be built >1, but when you built new ones, one of older ones dissappear :|. And you cant build much more than n-1 National Wonder (n = number of National Wonder can be built) :(.

And about the Civics, i think they must be reworked. Civics with + or - % food, prod, gold, science, ... is not unique and boring :(.

Im playing your mod, and i think i can give you some solutions about Civics :).
Srry for my bad Eng ^^.

tried to start a new game with the dll and things like the rev mod option & the barb civs forming option in the custom game screen were missing, then when i launched the game, the units were there, but the interface wasnt on the screen (in game).

im overwriting the default game core dll in the rom/assets folder, so im not sure what is wrong

Short fall-in here before heading out (at my university, Gallaudet University, the world's only Deaf liberal art university):

That is why my OS79 modmod has the dll. I re-compiled the dll and it had no warnings or errors. It is possible that that dll in RevDCM could be causing these problems. I'm not sure (too tired now) so just ignore the link to that dll in RevDCM thread because it is obsolete because my modmod has a new dll that has NO errors in it.

Short fall-in here before heading out (at my university, Gallaudet University, the world's only Deaf liberal art university):

That is why my OS79 modmod has the dll. I re-compiled the dll and it had no warnings or errors. It is possible that that dll in RevDCM could be causing these problems. I'm not sure (too tired now) so just ignore the link to that dll in RevDCM thread because it is obsolete because my modmod has a new dll that has NO errors in it.

i downloaded the dll from the link on first post of the os79 modmod thread, "number 3" on the first post. i overwrote the ROM dll in the assets folder & still had the same issues

i downloaded the dll from the link on first post of the os79 modmod thread, "number 3" on the first post. i overwrote the ROM dll in the assets folder & still had the same issues

Then I don't know how to help because the dll works great for me.

Btw, please leave comments in my modmods thread, I'm hoping that someone else (modmodder) will help me solve your problem. I'm the newest modmodder here :) so I have a lot to learn too :).

Whenever I dl a RAR file appears. I'm gonna have dl winrar, amnt I?:(
Yes, you need Winrar or Powerarchiver type of program to unpack the mod.

Try 7-zip. It's better than winrar and free.

Zap used to use 7-zip but too few ppl knew about it or how to use it. Win rar was better known.

:)

You're still my hero Zappara. RoM is the only way I play Civ IV since ver. 1 and I just finished my first game of 2.71. I don't know if this counts as a bug but the teleport lanes that can be built over ocean tiles cannot be used by land units. Is this by design?
As far as bugs/crashes, no repeatable CTDs in my entire play through.
Nicely Done!
BTW- As I said, I love the mod, especially the latest future units but are you in love with the unit graphics for special infantry? Its the only unit that (I think) doesn't look great. It looks like he's holding a vaccum cleaner or something. The MARS now mod has some cool looking future infantry type units.

You're still my hero Zappara. RoM is the only way I play Civ IV since ver. 1 and I just finished my first game of 2.71. I don't know if this counts as a bug but the teleport lanes that can be built over ocean tiles cannot be used by land units. Is this by design?
As far as bugs/crashes, no repeatable CTDs in my entire play through.
Nicely Done!
BTW- As I said, I love the mod, especially the latest future units but are you in love with the unit graphics for special infantry? Its the only unit that (I think) doesn't look great. It looks like he's holding a vaccum cleaner or something. The MARS now mod has some cool looking future infantry type units.
Ocean jumplanes cannot be used by land units and that's intentional - it would cause all kinds of issues and I don't think it would be easy to even allow land units use ocean jumplanes (requires SDK changes).

Special infantry uses graphics that were available at the time when the unit was added - there weren't many scifi units (still doesn't) so I usually had to use whatever graphics that resembled best the designed unit type. I'm not sure if there now would be any other better choices for graphics but I do change graphics if I find better ones.

Ocean jumplanes cannot be used by land units and that's intentional - it would cause all kinds of issues and I don't think it would be easy to even allow land units use ocean jumplanes (requires SDK changes).

I believe Jooyo modded it so that land units could use the Jumplanes too.

BTS 3.19 w/ UP 3.19 : BAT 2.0 & BUG 4.1 : RoM 2.8beta

Alerts show only repeated lines of: "BugOptions - failed writing INI file '%s'

Tried making changes on the Alerts Tab of BugOptions - no change.

1. What did I do wrong?

2. How do I fix it?

RoM2.8beta already contains a version of BUG. But not 4.1 as that will be incorporated into 2.8Full. As for BAT not sure if it's already in RoM or not.

In the 2.8Beta Thread. 1st couple of pages has the link, look for Zappara's posts.

Thanks. Found it, but is it the newest version? Kind of hard to tell :confused:

If you can hold on for a bit 2.8beta is just a beta :) and does have some issues to work through. Hopefully 2.8 should be ready shortly and the few bugs will have been ironed out.

Top Bottom