RoM Latest Version

Can't wait to play the new 2.8 version. I have a quick question: What file is it that edits the civilopedia descriptions. I'd like to contribute to this great mod by finishing some or all of the unfinished civilopedia entries. I'll make a thread and maybe a modded file when I finish.

Can't wait to play the new 2.8 version. I have a quick question: What file is it that edits the civilopedia descriptions. I'd like to contribute to this great mod by finishing some or all of the unfinished civilopedia entries. I'll make a thread and maybe a modded file when I finish.

In RoM's Assets\XML\Text folder, there are many files such as RoM_GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml that are the files you want to look at. Missing descriptions/strategy/etc entries simply have a period "." as a placeholder.

In RoM's Assets\XML\Text folder, there are many files such as RoM_GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml that are the files you want to look at. Missing descriptions/strategy/etc entries simply have a period "." as a placeholder.

Thank you, is that for the technologies as well or is that only for the units? As for the ".", will that just be the placeholder or do any other items use the "." for anything aside from the descriptions?

Thank you, is that for the technologies as well or is that only for the units? As for the ".", will that just be the placeholder or do any other items use the "." for anything aside from the descriptions?

There are many XML files prefaced with "RoM_GameText_Civilopedia_" that cover Units, Techs, etc.

For the periods, you can just get rid of them when adding new gametext (although technically, you could just keep 'em around to terminate your final sentence). Eventually for RoM final, every entry will contain text, and not simply be only a period-placeholder.

Running RoM 2.8 - great mod BTW! However, it crashes on the next turn after this save :(

Attachments

• Nick AD-0680.CivBeyondSwordSave
    215.5 KB · Views: 72
Running RoM 2.8 - great mod BTW! However, it crashes on the next turn after this save :(

biship,
Put this in the 2.8 Discussion and Bug thread please. That's where zappara will notice it sooner.

Good Luck
JosEPh

Hi, amazing mod!
This may be a stupid question but does this mod change the terrain/map graphics? Because after installing it I notice that the terrain graphics look different (not bad) than my regular blue marble terrain so I was just wondering if this mod actually changes graphics or is my blue marble just not installed correctly?

Thank you!

Hi, amazing mod!
This may be a stupid question but does this mod change the terrain/map graphics? Because after installing it I notice that the terrain graphics look different (not bad) than my regular blue marble terrain so I was just wondering if this mod actually changes graphics or is my blue marble just not installed correctly?

Thank you!

RoM has its own terrain graphics. I believe that you can replace them with Blue Marble if you want. Don't know how but then Blue marble makes me ill.

is this the 2.8 beta or the full 2.8? i notice it was posted in may so im not sure which it is...

What's the current status of a patch? Is it a patch or a new version, where would I get it? Thanks!

Plus 2.81 (not MP fix though, sorry) is on the way with RevDCM 2.61 (reason why I said "not MP fix") as the base. Plus, few other fixes?

Is there a way that i could simply update from 2.71 to 2.8 or do i have to DL the whole mod again?

thanks

Is there a way that i could simply update from 2.71 to 2.8 or do i have to DL the whole mod again?

thanks

Have to dl :). Totally different file/folder system, plus refined Modern and Future stuff in it.

I play Civilization on the DS with my son and on this game you can have 3 units form and army. These three units join together and become one with 3 times the strength and defense. I was thinking this may be advantagous for less advanced civilizations to stay alive longer, but in this game everyone can make 3 similar units do this.

Wondering if this has been considered for this mod???

I play Civilization on the DS with my son and on this game you can have 3 units form and army. These three units join together and become one with 3 times the strength and defense. I was thinking this may be advantagous for less advanced civilizations to stay alive longer, but in this game everyone can make 3 similar units do this.

Wondering if this has been considered for this mod???

It'll help weaker and smaller civs sure, but it'll also make larger and stronger civs even more so. I think Warlords mod already makes up for small army potency.

Top Bottom