Romney vs Obama Round 2 Commentary Thread

Who Won The Second Debate?

• Total voters
I've heard Coolidge's Policies created the Great Depression :crazyeye:

That was mostly due to the global markets and currency. Again people put way too much stock in what the president can do.

Mods, can we get the winner poll please? With a tie option. Preferably public. Thanks!
OK.

With minutes of Romney's remark, "binders of women.com" and .net were registered.

Poll is up.

From elsewhere on the web: Romney balanced the Olympic's budget with $2.7 billion federal dollars.

After about 40k votes in the CNN/CNBC poll, its 63/33 Obama with 4% saying neither. I think Obama won pretty handily this time.

CNN snap poll is putting it 46/39 Obama/Romney (among registered voters), but the odd thing is on their specific debate topics polls, Romney is winning on the specifics. Go figure.

Seriously though it seems that it was either a tie or a slight Obama win. Romney missed a few opportunities and Obama actually looked like he was awake this time. However, I'm skeptical that anything short of a knockout punch reverses the polling trend thus far.

The Libya exchange made the mod look stupid.

CNN snap poll is putting it 46/39 Obama/Romney (among registered voters), but the odd thing is on their specific debate topics polls, Romney is winning on the specifics. Go figure.

I found that to be interesting as well and that's why I scored it as a tie. Honestly, I think most people would score this overall for Obama because of the lower expectations. He didn't have to do that much to improve on his previous performance.

On the flip side, once again, Obama said next to nothing about why anyone should vote for him to get another term. Seemingly both he and Romney seem to be running on on the last four years and if that is going to be the case for the next few weeks, it will be difficult for Obama to win. If the majority of the voting public, not just the so-called undecided voters, really think that Romney has a better tax plan, has better plans for the economy, and has some sort of parity on healthcare issues and likability, Romney will win.

Your link has her admitting to be wishy-washy and still says her "instinct" was to correct Romney. That particular moment will still bite Romney in the butt next week in an area where he is nothing but gaffes.

Your link has her admitting to be wishy-washy and still says her "instinct" was to correct Romney. That particular moment will still bite Romney in the butt next week in an area where he is nothing but gaffes.
The facts back Romney up on his Libya attack. The mod had to admit it.

Romney choose to emphasize the wrong part of a point he was otherwise absolutely correct on.

One could just as easily criticize Obama for not being absolutely clear about whether he was talking about (9/11) terror in general or Libya specifically in his speech. Reading the transcript and listening to the comments in context, one can easily see how anyone could see those comments either way.

All you are saying is that Romney was less wrong that Obama was about the whole thing, if you can call not having a clue, wrong.

I disagree. I see the conservatives bending over backwards to proclaim Romney's truthiness. And again, the moment painted Romney as a fool before a debate that focuses on everything about his weak spot in foreign policy.

I disagree. I see the conservatives bending over backwards to proclaim Romney's truthiness. And again, the moment painted Romney as a fool before a debate that focuses on everything about his weak spot in foreign policy.

If you thought that made Romney look like a fool then I'd love to hear your opinion on what teachers have to do with assault weapons and/or gun violence.

If you thought that made Romney look like a fool then I'd love to hear your opinion on what teachers have to do with assault weapons and/or gun violence.

Doesn't matter. Just owning a gun is not an act of aggression. Thus it deserves to be legal.

BTW Obama and Romney both sucked. "He said, she said!" Of course, the debates don't really matter to me since I don't back either one.

After about 40k votes in the CNN/CNBC poll, its 63/33 Obama with 4% saying neither. I think Obama won pretty handily this time.

I hold CNBC in the same light as Fox News. Neither are about real journalism anymore, just pandering to the left of right.

I can't wait for a female Fox News talking head to say what a turn off Obama was for women, and a Fox News "A-team" doctor to claim he was suffering from dementia, as they did after Biden similarly trounced Ryan.

And I love how Romney tried to criticize Obama for not overreacting over the death of an Ambassador. He isn't even close to being presidential caliber.

Top Bottom