Ruff08 - The AI Shuffle

lurker's comment: you guys sure are a nice AI to only be Cautious at -4. Some AIs are already Annoyed at that point!

Roster
Ruff
r_rolo1 <-- up
Meiz <-- on deck
Ralph_Jackson
RRRaskolnikov

You know, I heard a rumor that Hammurabi has stacked an amazing pile of gold to his new palace... I might be even willingly give my share to the person that has the guts to go for it... ;)

Lurker comment: shouldn't Hammurabi get some demerits for close borders? Or does that not count when you've go the same religion? I find it hard to believe the barbarians caused the palace change since there's no empty space for them to spawn near the capital (well, there are 1 or 2 jungle tiles, but...) and Babylon still exists on the map.

Lurker's comment: Ya, I thought the capital got destroyed by the barbs until I saw the screenshot with Babylon. I'm surprised he was able to build a new Palace that quickly. He really wanted those burgers!

And I agree, he deserves a -2 Close Borders diplo penalty because he is purposely applying cultural pressure by moving his capital. I bet there is a lot of gold there. And apparently he uses silver thread in his pillows.

@DMOC, Emperorfool: I think HAs (which spawn near Lyon during Ralph's turns) took Babylon (moving the palace to Akkad) then Hammi took it back... isn't that possible? (plus I think Hammi needs 4 cities to move its palace)

That could be a possibility. I once had barbarians take over Tokugawa's nearby city, but then all 4 horse archers disappeared (they didn't go to Tokugawa's other cities or go elsewhere, that's for sure), leaving the city defenseless! I have no idea what happened but I sent my warrior in the city. A free city. :goodjob:

@DMOC, Emperorfool: I think HAs (which spawn near Lyon during Ralph's turns) took Babylon (moving the palace to Akkad) then Hammi took it back... isn't that possible? (plus I think Hammi needs 4 cities to move its palace)

That makes perfect sense.

. . . but I sent my warrior in the city. A free city. :goodjob:

What? You didn't give it back? Awww, shucks. That's not very nice. :rolleyes:

In this set I learned why the AI is not allowed to ask for deamnds to other AI:
Spoiler :

We were cautious or annoyed with all of them, so feel free to add a -1 for outrageous demand.

My human action was to queue a handful of axes in our copper city ;)

Lost a wonder....
Spoiler :

Babylon and England built their shrines ( I forgot to take pics of the English GP, it seems )......
Spoiler :

We are big :
Spoiler :

I played until Aesthetics was done:
Spoiler :

Culture map view ( to calculate close borders demerit ), tech screen ( it looks that we will have something useful to trade, unlike it was in the beggining of my set ) and a future problem ( I seeing quite well Boudi settilng on "our" iron to the north )
Spoiler :

Not much more to say...... besides that our cap should receive a jewish english missionary soon.

Attachments

• Ruff08 BC-0225.CivBeyondSwordSave
    142.4 KB · Views: 36
:gripe: Can the reporter please keep this updated! :gripe:

Attitudes Update
  • Hammurabi: Cautious (0)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • thinks we are small [-1]
    • shares our religion [+4]
    • Open Borders [+1]
    • Close Borders bring tension [-3]
  • Boudica: Cautious (-3)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • woman [+1]
    • scary looking [-2]
    • France has always had a soft spot for the celts [+1]
    • Open Borders [+1]
    • Made an outrageous demand [-1]
    • different religions [-2]
  • Isabella: Cautious (-3)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • woman [+1]
    • different religions [-3]
  • Zara Yaqob: Cautious (-2)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • thinks I am tall [+1]
    • open borders [+1]
  • Elizabeth: Annoyed (-6) <- Worst Enemy!!
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • woman [+1]
    • different religion [-3]
    • Open Borders [+1]
    • English and for some reason I hate the English [-3]
  • Roosevelt: Annoyed (-5)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • he looks down his nose at me [-1]
    • He has a better starting position that we do [-1]
    • Open Borders [+1]
  • Tokugawa: Annoyed (-6)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • hides behind his borders [-1]

< -10 = Furious
-9 to -5 = Annoyed
-4 to +4 = Cautious
+5 to +9 = Pleased
> +10 = Friendly

Some comments on the round ...

looking good, in character. We have high border tension with our Hammie brother in faith and that is probably the only thing saving us from further conflict. How spread is our religion?

It looks like we need to get another settler out pronto for an iron site as well as pushing out expansion. IIRC, there is also Iron to the West of Paris - on the coast.

Boudica is looking hemmed in - she told me the other day that she hates that so look for some activity from her. She doesn't have a religion yet - any chance of getting a suitable one up there pronto? We might also think about swapping to Judaism and really throw a monkey wrench into the religious relationships.

Why isn't our rice at the gems city farmed? It looked like it wasn't in one of the shots. Seems that all of our workers are happy chopping / mining hills for hammers to Paris. Lets get our economic cities up and running too.

Roster
Ruff
r_rolo1
Meiz <-- up
Ralph_Jackson <-- on deck
RRRaskolnikov

I haven't updated the diplo because we still had to calculate the close borders demerit :p
bah humbug. Make what ever adjustment you think is reasonable and the rest of the team will either accept it (oh yes you will!) or they will adjust it during their turn set. :D

Got it.

Plan is to get some use out of whip and get a settler at least to iron site. Meanwhile, now is definitely time to head towards Calendar, let's see if our friend Hammurabi can help with that :)

I don't think AI would switch to a religion that only one city follows, so I'll stuck to Hinduism at least for now.

Turn 1

I'm just going to start by cancelling our open borders with the hated English. Then I change our research from Polytheism to Fishing. It's just too odd not to have that researched at this point. Guess that was my human decision then :rolleyes:

Turn 3

Chicken pizza was built in a distant land. Man, that sounds delicious, but the AI's were just too quick for us! :drool:

We have a little chat with Hammurabi and I have to admit that I'm starting to like this guy (+2 giving into our demands). We are recommended to research towards Mathematics, fittingly another tech that the AI's seem to love.

Turn 4

The Mahabodhi is bidl.

Turn 8

Orleans build order was library -> archer and now finally we can whip a bunch (3) of citizens for a settling party.

Turn 9

Hammurabi builds Temple of Artemis in Babylon while Roosevelt uses his Great spy for a golden age.

Nah, that's not important as Paris whips Pyramids to completition!

Turn 10

[party]

You can just admire the variety of our choises :mad:. You know, I'll just count this as a military build (it even says that, see? :D).

We of course revolt immediately to Representation, our favourite civic. Gotta be blessed on that at least!

Turn 13

Mathematics in, we continue to Calendar obviously!

We also settled Tours to the only suggested blue dot. Can't really complain on the site.

Make this trade with Hammurabi. He wouldn't offer Meditation as part of the deal, so he was probably researching Mathematics.

Turn 14

Zara completes the Hanging Gardens in his capital. This guy is on the run!

Another turn, another trade with our new best friend.

He wouldn't give Priesthood as part of the deal so I just asked it for free right after. Guess what, he agreed again! :thumbsup: (+2 giving into our demands).

Turn 15

Elizabeth makes another outrageous demand!!! (-1 attitude). She'll pay for her ignorance eventually...

This pops up and so the settler is added to queue. Next player might even want to add it before Statue of Zeus if that's allowed.

Basically we still have room for fish/gems city but I think that's it. Soon might be the time to get too much on our hands. Elizabeth is begging for some pain :devil:

Finally our tech table for the interested.

I recommend we revolt to Organized Religion as soon as possible so that we can start to spread our faith to Boudica and rest of our cities.

Good luck! :)

Attitudes Update
  • Hammurabi: Pleased (+5)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • thinks we are small [-1]
    • shares our religion [+4]
    • Open Borders [+1]
    • Close Borders bring tension [-2]
    • Gave into our demands [+4]
  • Boudica: Cautious (-3)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • woman [+1]
    • scary looking [-2]
    • France has always had a soft spot for the celts [+1]
    • Open Borders [+1]
  • Isabella: Cautious (-3)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • woman [+1]
    • different religions [-3]
  • Zara Yaqob: Cautious (-2)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • thinks I am tall [+1]
    • open borders [+1]
  • Elizabeth: Annoyed (-8) <- Worst Enemy!!
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • woman [+1]
    • different religion [-3]
    • English and for some reason I hate the English [-3]
    • Made an outrageous demand [-2]
  • Roosevelt: Annoyed (-5)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • He has a better starting position that we do [-1]
    • Open Borders [+1]
  • Tokugawa: Annoyed (-6)
    Spoiler :

• not French [-1]
    • hides behind his borders [-1]

< -10 = Furious
-9 to -5 = Annoyed
-4 to +4 = Cautious
+5 to +9 = Pleased
> +10 = Friendly

I lowered our close borders attitude with Hammurabi to -2, cause he is a nice fellow after all.

Nice set. Not so sure on the Statue of Pain but looking good. Lets get that fishing site and then go looking for a target. On a tech front - we might be a little behind the eight ball with some of those nice techs that the AI has. At least we get those tech discounts as the AIs know them.

Roster
Ruff
r_rolo1
Meiz
Ralph_Jackson <-- up
RRRaskolnikov <-- on deck

Top Bottom