1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

1. XplosiveLun

XplosiveLun A humble village

Isn't it @Gedemo who said leaving? I haven't seen JFD said that. Besides, just in Feburary, in his Discord Channel, he posted an updated part of the JFDLC. This is prior to the GS release.

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Alright lads, if you're interested in keeping up with my modding happenings, from the CMM, to Civ V mods, to Civ VI, you can follow my tweeter. I only intend to use it for modding things, but I'll try to use it to notify about anything pertinent since between Discord, Reddit, and CivFanatics I don't tend to have a consistent avenue for posting things. https://twitter.com/JFD14081586

XplosiveLun likes this.
  3. zon

zon Chieftain

thx @JFD
    one suggestion, if i may: perhaps start every tweet with civ5 or civ6 in case u wanna fine-tune the one-communication-channel-mainly approach :) thanks again

4. Sumerian Bara Husband

Sumerian Bara Husband Chieftain

@JFD I want to get into modding Civilization VI a little bit, and especially to work on Policies and Governments the way you have. If you're really going to be taking a break from Civ VI Modding for a long time, I would like to seek your blessing to try and continue support for at least the Policies and Governments you designed, if perhaps to make some changes of my own to them.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

You're welcome to do as you wish with Rule with Faith, but if you're inexperienced with Civ VI modding, I caution that you might find it a challenge to update. But I request that you not upload any copies without reasonable deviation outside of CivFanatics. I also won't be able to provide any advice or support.

I won't be returning to Civ VI in general, and RwF in particular, until either the dev cycle for Civ VI ends or if the fabled XP3 piques my interest. Both modding-wise and thematically, I am very disappointed with Gathering Storm, and don't particularly feel like spending my free time on it.

6. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

Pretty sad JFD I have seen your modding ever since I began playing Civ series. Civ 2 I am not sure about but civ3 you were involved. I can see why your put off by Civ6, it is not being improved as it should be. Hate to see you break off from the game, I am enjoying civ6, retired though and only game I enjoy. Thanks for all your hard work JFD sir! :D

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

8. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

Excuse me I am 64 years old get things wrong a bit. :p I have seen you around for a while. :)

9. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I see the new mods pop up in the Workshop; what other modular parts of RwF can we expect to see coming in the future?

10. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

That’s depressing leaving the CIV VI modding community ... omg makes me wanna cry ... your one of the best

11. Grathocke

Grathocke Marquis

He's baaaa-aack. There are 2 new RwF mods on the Steam workshop. So far it looks as if this rollout will be modular in nature rather than an omnibus.

12. norwalkvirus

norwalkvirus Chieftain

File Conflicts I've Found with RwF: Civics and Techs from Mods I was using:
    CQUI - TechAndCivicSupport.lua
    Real Eurekas - CivilopediaPage_Civic.lua, CivilopediaPage_Technology.lua

It still loads with CQUI enabled, but not Real Eurekas.

Not asking for compatibility, but will look into it myself.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Meluhhan likes this.
  13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

14. BlanecWH

BlanecWH Chieftain

Hello JFD. I'm Mastodonmk2, Creator of Hyperdimension Neptunia: Touhou Galaxy Project. I have major issue with one of Rule with Faith mod called "RwF: Revised Policies".

I'm sure that there are same code of 'POLICY_JFD_MARITIME_EXPEDITIONS' appearance twice in this code 'RevPolicies_Policies.sql' since this code is already appear. This cause everything malfunction and not working at all. That mean, everything that change in this mod will not working. Like those modifier in this mod.

[Database.log]
    [274379.565] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: ObsoletePolicies.PolicyType, ObsoletePolicies.ObsoletePolicy
    [274379.565] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: ObsoletePolicies.PolicyType, ObsoletePolicies.ObsoletePolicy

[Modding.log]
    [275834.335] UpdateDatabase - Loading Core/RevPolicies_Policies.sql
    [275834.346] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading SQL.

I don't know if this is cause by one of my mod since I don't have any mod that edit or conflict with these code or just only your mod. Let me know if you already heard this issue.

(Also, please called me 'Mastodonmk2' instead of 'BlanecWH' since I can't change the name and I have no longer using this name anymore.)

15. Vandal Thorne

Vandal Thorne Warlord

@JFD If you ever have a mind to revisit your starting governments mod, could I persuade you that both China should be a Polis government rather than Horde governments. Cities play a massive role in its history. Similarly, Chieftan is more appropriate for Japan as religion played a massive role in its early period (militarization didn't really start until rather late in its history).

16. steemroller

steemroller Chieftain

I have to say, these latest mods have reinvigorated by interest in Civ6. Thank you so much!

17. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Hi JFD

Fantastic work with the new modular releases!

I was wondering what your release plans are, more specific if (and when) you're planning a release for the government district tweaks and? That was one of the best things from RwF :)

\Skodkim

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I'm presently working on a new component, that wasn't in the previous version of RwF. I'm not sure when I'll do Peerage, Consulates, Great Statesmen, Great Mercs, Empowerments, or First Ministers, as all those are quite involved.

steemroller, Atlas627 and Guynemer like this.
  19. Weraptor

Weraptor King

Hey JFD, running your two mods, Religious Policies and Government Classes (running the Government Overview mod alone doesn't cause this) causes an infamous conflict between them where the Statue of Liberty no longer grants +4 DVP, but the R&F-esque two Settlers.

20. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I'm running nearly the whole RwF suite (only minus St. Basil's) and I get the 4 DVP. Any other mods you are running?