Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

Congrats on that beautiful mod! I'm from Brazil (and your fan, mind you), had to create this account to y'know, give some feedback on the mod.

I've been playing it and the mod is clearly amazing. I've bought Civ VI last month and I can't play it without Rule with Faith, so that's how it goes. Love the mod, can't stress that enough. I'm almost falling asleep right now, it's 2 AM. When I can, I'll give a more concrete feedback on the mod.
The only thing I miss is the leader titles. Rex, Reichsmarschall and all those stuff on the RwF_GameText_Titles.xml file.
To be completely honest, I'm not the best when it comes to code. So, if possible, could anyone here give me some tip to get them back on the game or it's impossible right know due to reasons?

Also what is a history policy
There are no "history policy" the "history" option just lists all policies you have actually used before in that game (as long as they have not been replaced).

On the other hand, there are currently no national policies in the mod IIRC.

I love all the renaming and flavor this mod adds to the game. It's really indispensable now.

One possible bug to report. This happened to me twice so far.
When capturing a city with an empowered Tier II government, I lost my extra policy slot.
Any ideas?

I'm seeing the issue of losing the empowered government slot as well. In addition, after empowering a government it seems to strip policies every time I settle a new city--forcing me to place them back into the policy slots. It's strange because it doesn't remove *all* policies, it just seems to be Economic, Cultural, Scientific and Wildcard slots.

I'm seeing the issue of losing the empowered government slot as well. In addition, after empowering a government it seems to strip policies every time I settle a new city--forcing me to place them back into the policy slots. It's strange because it doesn't remove *all* policies, it just seems to be Economic, Cultural, Scientific and Wildcard slots.
+1 on that one

\Skodkim

We know it's an issue; we don't know why it happens; neither Jifford nor I are interested enough in the game atm to investigate an issue that has seemingly no logical cause; the mod's going to be broken by GS in three days anyway; there are probably usersettings that will allow you to disable Empowerments if you so wish, until either the issue is resolved or the GS update kills things in some way.

Well, it occurs because I have to use a dummy building to facilitate the Empowerment system, but this doesn't play nice with conquered cities - I've never heard it occur on founded cities, but I imagine its the same situation. This can't be resolved without some way to hook lua and modifiers together, since Civ VI simply doesn't give you the flexibility of Civ V's dummy buildings.

At first I was rather annoyed but when I found the history tab in the policy selection screen it turned out to be a minor issue anyway.

Much more concerned about what will happen when GS is released - actually decided not to buy it and will try to prevent updates so I went break mods :undecide:

\Skodkim

Very minor issue: In

Spelling error in RwF_GameDefines_Governments.sql makes the quote for Grand Principality not work because "LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_GRAND_PRINCIPALITY_QUOTE_##" is spelled "LOC_GOVERNMENT_JFD_GRAND_PRINCPALITY_QUOTE_##"

\Skodkim

Must admit that I'm deading the moment I have to update the game - as I understand it I have to go online with steam at some point to keep playing games and right now I'm using ofline mode AND blocked Steam in my firewall to make sure Vic6 doesn't update. RwF is simply such a great mod that I'm afraid playing Civ6 without it would seem shallow. So release the SDK now Firaxis! :splat:

\Skodkim

Its a concern for modders. They will need to invoke Game.ChangePlayerEraScore() separate to the LuaEvent that displays the Historic Moment. Not a concern for users, you get era score from unlocking the new Governments as normal.

Trying to add a panel module to display selected player Era Score which is missing from player.ltp but haven't been able to find the function. Intent is to display AI Era Scores. . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Trying to add a panel module to display selected player Era Score which is missing from player.ltp but haven't been able to find the function. Intent is to display AI Era Scores. . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's presumably a method available since the UI can display the value; looking at the relevant Lua files should yield it. Idk how Tuner panels deal with Gameplay/UI though.

Right. I have played around with modifying existing panel controls with some success, such as successfully renaming AI Cities from the city panel if anyone is interested it can be found in my post history. With my current attempt to display AI Era scores I have observed the following examples on the player panel:

The controls to actually change selected player Era Score are built in:
Code:
Game.ChangePlayerEraScore(g_TunerSelectedPlayer, 1);
That example increases era score of selected player (on the panel list box control of player.ltp) by +1.

I've tried modifying the existing display controls on the panel to display selected player Era Score (below are a few examples of built-in displays for other player information):
Code:
return Players[g_TunerSelectedPlayer]:GetDiplomaticFavor();                   
return Players[g_TunerSelectedPlayer]:GetScore();
return Players[g_TunerSelectedPlayer]:GetTreasury():GetGoldBalance();
(I tried GetEraScore, GetEraPoints etc..) Probably close but no cigar...

Interesting note that for gold balance, two functions must be called. Using just Get
GoldBalance() without first calling GetTreasury() returns error.

Last edited:
Right. I have played around with modifying existing panel controls with some success, such as successfully renaming AI Cities from the city panel if anyone is interested it can be found in my post history. With my current attempt to display AI Era scores I have observed the following examples on the player panel:

The controls to actually change selected player Era Score are built in:
Code:
Game.ChangePlayerEraScore(g_TunerSelectedPlayer, 1);
That example increases era score of selected player (on the panel list box control of player.ltp) by +1.

I've tried modifying the existing display controls on the panel to display selected player Era Score (below are a few examples of built-in displays for other player information):
Code:
return Players[g_TunerSelectedPlayer]:GetDiplomaticFavor();                     
return Players[g_TunerSelectedPlayer]:GetScore();  
return Players[g_TunerSelectedPlayer]:GetTreasury():GetGoldBalance();
(I tried GetEraScore, GetEraPoints etc..) Probably close but no cigar...

The method name will be in the game's UI files, either in the file that handles the next turn button or the Era Score panel itself. Finding these files will be much more fruitful than guessing at method names.

Top Bottom