Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

If there's some kind of incompatibility with the Rise and Fall patch then this should be detailed in your logs somewhere. Actually giving this detail will make your issue much more likely to be fixed.

How would one go about doing that? I’m pretty new here.

The text change for the Synagogue doesn't seem to be going through.

Had a hunch and went to check the MODINFO file. Yep, missing from the UpdateDatabase! :p

Oh right. No, it won't be updated for that patch, if there's some issue with it. You'll just have to get Rise and Fall :p

That’s a shame but thanks for letting me know. It’s a great mod - I’m just gonna have to wait for that summer sale to play it! :)

I'm seeing this error in my LUA log file. (I'm trying to track down another bug that I think is unrelated to RWF, but figured I should report this too). Thanks!

Runtime Error: R:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\901339687\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:767: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
R:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\901339687\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:767: in function 'RealizeCurrentCivic'
C:\Users\Foenyx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\AiQuick\WorldTracker.lua:197: in function 'UpdateCivicsPanel'
C:\Users\Foenyx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\AiQuick\WorldTracker.lua:310: in function 'OnCivicCompleted'
[C]: in function 'func'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'

I'm seeing this error in my LUA log file. (I'm trying to track down another bug that I think is unrelated to RWF, but figured I should report this too). Thanks!

Runtime Error: R:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\901339687\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:767: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
R:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\901339687\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:767: in function 'RealizeCurrentCivic'
C:\Users\Foenyx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\AiQuick\WorldTracker.lua:197: in function 'UpdateCivicsPanel'
C:\Users\Foenyx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\AiQuick\WorldTracker.lua:310: in function 'OnCivicCompleted'
[C]: in function 'func'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'

This should hopefully work as a hotfix for the time being, in case a full update is being delayed by other things. Overwrite the files in JFD's Rule With Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides.

Attachments

• RwFHotfix.7z
    24.1 KB · Views: 128
is this mod compatible with Historical religions and Real great people Mods?

Ran into a minor bug related to the Exodus of the Evangelists golden age dedication and/or Great Theologians.

I obtained the Theologian Borromeo (free apostle, all apostles start with debater) while running said dedication. And while the apostle did, in fact, start with debater (and another promotion, as usual), the apostle did NOT receive its two extra charges, as one would expect with the dedication.

Out of curiosity, on that same turn, I bought another apostle, and that one had both debater AND the extra charges.

Just picked Merchant Republic and finished a Harbor ... no Lighthouse or anything else. :(
Supposed to get a free first tier building, right?

Hi JFD! Infixo has found a typo while i've asked him for compatibility betwen RwF and BRS in the Better Report Screen thread.

@Auda

1. RwF adds 2 new categories of Slots, but it is actually very easy to add support for that in BRS. As I understand, you managed to do that.

2. The main issue, that causes malfunction of parts of reports is that Rule with Faith uses a modifier that is not properly defined (well, it's actually not defined at all). It's probably a typo.
Code:
JFD_ABSOLUTE_MONARCHY_GREAT_PEOPLE_DISCOUNT_FAITH   MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_GREAT_PERSON_PATRONAGE_DISCOUNT_PERCENT
JFD_ABSOLUTE_MONARCHY_GREAT_PEOPLE_DISCOUNT_GOLD   MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_GREAT_PEOPLE_PATRONAGE_DISCOUNT_PERCENT

There is no MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_GREAT_PEOPLE_PATRONAGE_DISCOUNT_PERCENT. The correct one is MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_GREAT_PERSON_PATRONAGE_DISCOUNT_PERCENT.

So, as you can see I would rather say that RwF is not compatible with BRS, not the other way around...

And last, but not least - there were errors in Lua.log about nil string that came from modifier analysis. That is how I could quickly locate the erronous policy.

Thanks for your mods!

I encountered a weird, really annoying bug. It happened that i dont get any diplomatic policy slots, no matter if the government has one or i built the Forbidden City. I just wont get even one of that slot. All others work just fine.

I encountered a weird, really annoying bug. It happened that i dont get any diplomatic policy slots, no matter if the government has one or i built the Forbidden City. I just wont get even one of that slot. All others work just fine.

Are you playing as America? All of their Diplomatic slots are converted to Wildcard slots in the base game. I assume the mod hasn't changed this.

Some other bugs i found:

1) All legacy policies give the wrong effect. They still have the original vanilla effects. Mod's text is deceptive.

2) None of the policies that has district/building requirements work with the substitute districts/buildings. Example: hospices (requires temple) don't work with stave church or prasat. It is true for encampment/ikanda, stable/ordu, theater/acropolis and so on.

3) Labour Camps only counts mine on bonus, not strategic resources.

As mentioned above, I too am not getting any first tier buildings when first building the Commercial/Port districts under Merchant Republic.
Also, can anyone remind me where I find out the type and strength of any Legacy bonuses I should have. I can't seem to find them.

Top Bottom