1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Saibotlieh's Units Graphic Collection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by SaibotLieh, Feb 23, 2013.

1. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose King

Well, he says it only costs $5 on Steam. I wouldn't know, because I refuse to ever install Steam. But that's just me, heh.

It was mostly WW2 airplanes he's after, and in most cases they're actually ones I DO already have from the forum here. But the Ace Patrol versions probably have better models, and he was specifically talking about their awesome individual sound effects. You know, "each type of engine sounds different", and all that...

But like I said, no problem AT ALL if it doesn't happen! I just promised him I'd mention it to ya. :)

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

OMG Final Fantasy IV...still one of my favorite games of all time. :goodjob:

3. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

No worries. The sound effects are, by the way, part of the animation set (the kf files), not the unit file (the nif file). Can be changes as well of course, but is some quite tedious work. :(

4. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose King

I know! (I've actually done a bit of work on the unit sounds in MM.) But if I'm not going to get Ace Patrol myself, then I'm not going to get its sound effects myself either. ;)

Less tedious in this case though, because air units (in Civ4 anyway) don't have very many animations. I mean, I assume they don't. I haven't actually checked recently lol.

5. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

That is true, but it is still more like assembly-line work than creative creation, which make it so tedious for me.

Interesting fact by the way, for planes the "die" animation is never played. Even when the plane is shot down, it still uses only the "damage" animation. Learned this the hard way while creating the witch units. :(

6. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

aboslutely fantastic work with the athletes, been looking for something like that for a very very long time:goodjob:

7. Sword_Of_Geddon

Hey Saibo, I recently downloaded kevinman4404's artwork from his unfinished mod that he was nice enough to share.

He was working on a Chimor/Moche spearman and the model is done and looks great, but the spear is not correctly held by the unit itself. I was wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble to fix this. I've attached the file below.

Attached Files:

8. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Hm, that unit is unfortunately rather messy. Test the attached version, I am afraid I cannot get it much better in a quick way.

Attached Files:

9. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thankyou Saibo it is far better than it was. If you want to take your time at your convenience and perfect it that would be awesome. There really aren't many Moche/Chimor units and it probably would be greatly appreciated by more than just me.

But no rush. ;)

10. pepoluan

pepoluan Chieftain

@SaibotLieh, I'm using K-Mod currently, but I really like your work and would like to replace some units with yours. Namely: Female CEO and Female Ninja (replace Ancient Spy).

Seeing that your mod (esp. the Female CEO) also contains several Python scripts, any guidance?

Thanks in advance!

11. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

If you just want to replace the models, then you will not need the python code, you will only have to replace the setting in the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file.

I do not know the file structure of the K-mod, but for the CEO it might already be sufficiant to put the copy&paste the Art folder of my mod into the Asset folder of K-mod. For the Ancient Spy, you will have to change the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file.

12. jade8880

jade8880 Chieftain

Hi eggs2121,

I tried your commando unit game. It does not work. Could you please share your ArtDefine file? Thanks.

13. hrochland

hrochland Prince

Hello, SaibotLieh. I want to ask you for help. I tried to add from your female engineer to your female vorker Engineer_GlowingArchPlan animation . (Special function for my mod )
    1 / adding ninode + NiTriShape Engineer_GlowingArchPlan worker to file OK (I hope)
    2 / adding activate to KFM also OK
    3 / I , however, a fundamental problem with the transfer NiNode_Engineer_GlowingArchPlan under NiTransformControllers from engeneer.nif to worker.nif .
    I think that 's the last thing that hinders full functionality.
    Can you help with this , please ?
    Thanks, Hrochland

Attached Files:

14. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Hm, never changed anything with that node, I just used the original engineer unit.

What is the problem you have, does it simple not work ingame or does NifSkope gives you any errors when you save the unit? Maybe adding the NiNode_Engineer_GlowingArchPlan to the Extra Targets of the NiMultiTargetTransformController might already do the trick.

15. hrochland

hrochland Prince

In NifSkope I put my NiTriShape to NiNode . For years, okay , because I never worked with animation .
    Here is a different structure , and I do not know how to put it when between NiNode a space where you want to insert is still NiStringExtraData ; NiMultiTargetTransformController and NiTransformController.
    I added the engineer activate kf a renamed to worker activate , as in the kfm.
    I just do not know how to put it .
    When I try to insert it , Nifskope inserted at another location . When I try to start a new ninode or duplicate existing NifSkope based elsewhere . I am confused ... :(
    The game is okay . All worker functions works . When I press activate , the unit just disappear . Activate be reflected in the game but without GlowingArchPlan :(

16. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Okay, this took some larger changes in the md_activate.kf file, mainly since the engineer has Bip01 named bones, while the worker has BIP ones. Also some other bone names had to be changed to fit to the worker unit. Lastly the Engineer_GlowingArchPlan had to be added as Extra Target in the NiMultiTargetTransformController of the nif file. I have attached the files that had to be changed for the custom worker unit to work, the image that should appear can be defined using the ge_plans.dds of the engineer unit.

Enjoy. :)

Attached Files:

17. hrochland

hrochland Prince

Amazing , I 'll try it as soon as I get home . Thanks a lot . You can tell which program you made ​​changes , please ?

EDIT: especially kf file

18. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

No problem. The kf files can also be opened and modified with NifSkope. The main thing I had to change was the name of the nodes to be modified by the kf file, for example this name had to be changed from "Bip01 Pelvis" to "BIP Pelvis":
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

19. hrochland

hrochland Prince

Aha , I have to really explore.
    GlowingArchPlan not work , but I'll try to play with it . Thanks for the advice . Maybe it'll help me :)

20. euskingc

euskingc Chieftain

I just stumbled across this today, and just Wow.

I was just thinking to myself how sexist the first release of my mod is going to be, and was trying as I could to get some women warriors in there too... and yeah. I'm going to have to plan to go back and do a lot of the work over again, but so, so happily =)

Thank you.