SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism II- 1923-1953

I downloaded this, really wanted to play it, but it runs way to slow on my machine. It looks really great though, Adler. Congratulations on your project :)

My belated congratulations Adler, I didn't :crazyeye: notice this was out until just now.
Can hardly wait :D for my PC to Finish Downloading the Files.

The game crashes when you try to upgrade BT-5 to T-26 when playing as the Russians.

Correction: Upgrading any ground unit will cause the game to crash.

I, too, am receiving the "ParatrooperAttackGun.wav file missing" problem. I've downloaded the mod twice now so I doubt that it's corrupted (although, I suppose it's possible.)
Has anyone come up with a fix for this yet?

It's very weird, I started the game over again, all units upgrade alright prior to week 33, 1926, and after that, upgrading any unit will cause the game to crash.

The one and only downside I found was the turn times (waiting for the AI to move). Are you planning a "Division level" like Rocoteh did with his Great War scenario?

I know it wouldn't be any time soon, as I remember you've got a lot going on at the moment with RL. But is there one in the works, or planned for the future?

I, too, am receiving the "ParatrooperAttackGun.wav file missing" problem. I've downloaded the mod twice now so I doubt that it's corrupted (although, I suppose it's possible.)
Has anyone come up with a fix for this yet?

What is the real error message? I mean what is going to be said in detail, when the error comes? Is it possible to go over this problem by copying a wav file to that folder and rename it paratrooperAttackGun.wav? Or does there are more files missing. As I don't have this problem and no one had before I think it is a corrupted DL, although a second one corrupted I never had. If you can play it without any problems after renaming it, I will make a patch to get over that bug. If not, I fear there is another problem. Please tell me.

Adler

question: how/when/can you upgrade units?

Units are upgraded in cities after technology is ready and resources are there. If the resources are there and technology is available you find a new button below near the order buttons in form of a lightning. There you have to click on.
However, there are two limits. Once you can't upgrade generally any ships (although there a few exceptions) and you can't upgrade any piston engined planes to jets. That would be too much.

Adler

It's very weird, I started the game over again, all units upgrade alright prior to week 33, 1926, and after that, upgrading any unit will cause the game to crash.

Sorry. Absolutely no idea of this bug or a solution! :confused:

Anyone else, who could help?

Adler

The one and only downside I found was the turn times (waiting for the AI to move). Are you planning a "Division level" like Rocoteh did with his Great War scenario?

I know it wouldn't be any time soon, as I remember you've got a lot going on at the moment with RL. But is there one in the works, or planned for the future?

I have a plan for another project, but that is much depending on TIME. And no, there won't be a "division level", as I don't have the time to readjust ALL of it. I indeed made a smaller map version for slowly PCs. However, I gave all nations units they had in the time. I wanted to avoid the lack of a defense force at the very beginning like AoI had. A thing like invading Germany as Netherlands alone should be damn problematic.
Perhaps I will change my opinion later, but a divisional level is not planned.

Adler

I have a plan for another project, but that is much depending on TIME. And no, there won't be a "division level", as I don't have the time to readjust ALL of it. I indeed made a smaller map version for slowly PCs. However, I gave all nations units they had in the time. I wanted to avoid the lack of a defense force at the very beginning like AoI had. A thing like invading Germany as Netherlands alone should be damn problematic.
Perhaps I will change my opinion later, but a divisional level is not planned.

Adler
I figured that time would be the main factor, so I'm not really distraught about it. I'm playing as Germany currently, and I could probably march through several nations right now (which I like having the option to do :mischief:).

What is the real error message? I mean what is going to be said in detail, when the error comes? Is it possible to go over this problem by copying a wav file to that folder and rename it paratrooperAttackGun.wav? Or does there are more files missing. As I don't have this problem and no one had before I think it is a corrupted DL, although a second one corrupted I never had. If you can play it without any problems after renaming it, I will make a patch to get over that bug. If not, I fear there is another problem. Please tell me.

Adler
Here is the exact error message, word for word:
Load Error
FILE NOT FOUND
"Art\Units\U111 Mk8\..\Paratrooper\ParatrooperAttackGun.wav"
The game will now exit.
I tried copying a .wav file and then renaming it, but no luck.
It also does this for B119 Mk8 and G144 Mk8

Here is the exact error message, word for word:
Load Error
FILE NOT FOUND
"Art\Units\U111 Mk8\..\Paratrooper\ParatrooperAttackGun.wav"
The game will now exit.
I tried copying a .wav file and then renaming it, but no luck.
It also does this for B119 Mk8 and G144 Mk8

Okay, are you sure you installed the program correctly? I mean, did you install it to the conquest (or scenario folder) of Conquest? I mean if you have installed Civ III Conquest this way:

C:\Program Files\Civ3\Conquests\Conquests

Both, the huge folder and the scenario folders have to be in the same folder, be it scenarios or Conquest.

I'm sorry, if you did already and it looks like I am talking to a newbie. However, that is an error often occuring with newbies and so I have to be sure it is excluded.

If you have installed it correctly please try to redownload it a third time. Let me know, if it isn't working then.

Adler

My friends, there are no way that I load this scenario. Everytime I tried the file can't be completed. Sorry for my bad english...

Okay, are you sure you installed the program correctly? I mean, did you install it to the conquest (or scenario folder) of Conquest? I mean if you have installed Civ III Conquest this way:

C:\Program Files\Civ3\Conquests\Conquests

Both, the huge folder and the scenario folders have to be in the same folder, be it scenarios or Conquest.

I'm sorry, if you did already and it looks like I am talking to a newbie. However, that is an error often occuring with newbies and so I have to be sure it is excluded.

If you have installed it correctly please try to redownload it a third time. Let me know, if it isn't working then.

Adler

I downloaded it a third time, but it still loads up with the same error message. Also, it is in the correct folder. Perhaps I'm just unlucky? :sad:

My friends, there are no way that I load this scenario. Everytime I tried the file can't be completed. Sorry for my bad english...

No problem with bad English. What's the problem exactly? You know that you have to wait a few minutes until the scenario is loaded properly? Even if it looks the computer died, he isn't dead. Just wait. On older PCs it can last up to half an hour or so. The saves are loading much faster. Just start the game, look TV and then it should be working when you return.

Adler

I downloaded it a third time, but it still loads up with the same error message. Also, it is in the correct folder. Perhaps I'm just unlucky? :sad:

I am repeating it to be sure having understood everything correctly.

You have downloaded the files.
You have installed them properly into the same folder.
You have still problems.

Okay, please try to do this:

Try to start the game. If an error occurs bypass it by copying and renaming similar files. Note every mistake. If you have still troubles after 12 times, I have to ask someone else, who might have an idea. Otherwise I would send you the missing files at once.
Sorry, I have no other idea at this moment how to help you.

Adler

I am repeating it to be sure having understood everything correctly.

You have downloaded the files.
You have installed them properly into the same folder.
You have still problems.

Okay, please try to do this:

Try to start the game. If an error occurs bypass it by copying and renaming similar files. Note every mistake. If you have still troubles after 12 times, I have to ask someone else, who might have an idea. Otherwise I would send you the missing files at once.
Sorry, I have no other idea at this moment how to help you.

Adler
I finally figured out what the error was. The configuration files in the B119 MK8, G144 MK8, and U111 MK8 unit folders were linked to "ParatrooperAttackGun.wav" in the original Civ 3\Art\Units\Paratrooper folder, yet there was no "ParatrooperAttackGun.wav" in that folder; instead it was "ParatrooperAttack.wav". So, I made a copy of that file in the Civ 3\Art\Units\Paratrooper folder and renamed it. Now it's working perfectly.

Top Bottom