SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism II- 1923-1953

What is the real error message? I mean what is going to be said in detail, when the error comes? Is it possible to go over this problem by copying a wav file to that folder and rename it paratrooperAttackGun.wav? Or does there are more files missing. As I don't have this problem and no one had before I think it is a corrupted DL, although a second one corrupted I never had. If you can play it without any problems after renaming it, I will make a patch to get over that bug. If not, I fear there is another problem. Please tell me.

Adler

I forgot to mention, I fixed mine. I just made a copy of paratrooperattackgun.wav and placed it where it said it was missing.

Oh, small problem I've had as well. Rarely, I'll get civilization III has stopped working when playing your scenario It's really rare and just restarting from save point and I'm fine. Could be RAM issue, but other scenarios/mods work fine. I also play other more demanding games, so my computer is fine.
Any suggestions on that?

This paratrooper mistake might happen because of different unit folders in the different versions of conquest and complete as well as languages. Anyway, here is the file for all, who don't have it. I am really sorry for these mistakes.

@ Daiichi: No idea. I never had these problems.

Adler

Attachments

• ParatrooperAttackGun.rar
    42.7 KB · Views: 525
Civilopedia Entries are really messed up:(, it doesn't tell reason for why things are being bulit or wrong reasons. Maybe my copy is bad but game is also starting to crash, I am only into 4turn in year 1925. Is it my copy or is Civilopedia bad?:crazyeye::rolleyes:

Hi David,

Sorry, but I did not have time to make a real Civpedia. Someone volunteered to do so, but I never heard again from him. So I decided to launch the scenario without civilopedia, as I had and have no time to make one. And I was the opinion, it was better to release it than to wait until someone does the civpedia. Otherwise even more time would have elapsed until it was published.
Anyway, what kind of crash do you have?

Adler

It seems to be tied with something about to music!:confused: The Music which is wonderful, but when a song starts repeating (USA national for example) and not moving on to next one. Windows gives sub window that say it must close Civ3 Conquest.exe. It doesn't allow screen print either!
Maybe my copy is bad, will try to reload it tomorrow.
I was USA at war with France. I had attacked the French colonies in Gulf (All of which fell) and in Far East, which about 1/2 of it had fallen to me. I was just senting the Alantic fleet to Africa to start there. :D
Germany, Austria-Hungary, Russia and Italy are on my side and only Poland against me. England seem to be staying out of it so far.
War in Eurpoe is starting to heat up, French losing at sea but holding on and even gaining on land. :crazyeye: But her colonies are falling to others. Hopefully my reload works it is getting Very Very interesting!:cool:

What song is played, when you get this error? Also I had the same pheonomenom that music is repeated occasionally in AI turns. But that never lead to a crash. So I want to ask you, what song is played to check them.
A reload though should be no problem.

Adler

Hi,
Like your mod but playing it I have frequent crashes.
Error:
AppName: civ3conquests.exe AppVer: 1.21.0.0 ModName: mp3dec.asi
ModVer: 3.0.0.0 Offset: 00001951
Even some saves I can't open anymore.
See my upload. Had to 7-zip cause its more than 2mb.
Hope you have a solution.
Thanks
Btw.
Have no problems with other scenario's.

Attachments

• Wilhelm II. of the Germans, Week 33, 1924 AD.7z
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
One was Star Spangled Banner ie. USA national song, also it happened on both the Russian song and British / Aussie down under song ? ? forget name. :confused:
But my Computer is acting up too, I think it might be my hard drive:sad:, will try again once I replace it.:goodjob:

It happened during battles (3 times) or during turn change over, ie. when other nations where moving (twice).

@ Emerentius: I had NO problems. Not a single one. When is it occurring? What is EXACTLY happening? Is a reload possible?

@ David: What songs EXACTLY are are problematic? And plese tell me the exact problem to verify it. It is also needed to tell me the song played just before.

Adler

I retried the Russian national Anthem, Waltzing Mathilda and The Stra Sprangled Banner. Only the last made problems with me. However, as Civ III is very ERRATIC with foreign music, it might work for one, but not for the other. That's why I suggest to delete all music, which makes problems in the music.txt in the text folder of your the AoI II folder.
Unfortunately I don't have much time now and in the next time to look after a valid copy of the Star sprangled banner, which works, at least not in the near future.

Adler

@ David, I reread it after posting my post. I have no problems with Waltzing Mathilda or the Russian anthem. However, indeed the Star sprangled banner is corrupt in the eyes of civ3. Please delete it in the music.txt.
However, what ELSE errors occur when the other songs are played? Is it the same each time? Or works it sometime? I had no problems there.

Adler

Is a reload possible?
@Adler
Some saves I can reload, most not.
The one uploaded I can not reload.
While opening around 73% I get the error message from my last post.
Can you reload it?

@Adler
No need to sent the next turn save. Now I know it's not corrupt the problem lies in the game itself, I'll reinstall it to see if that changes anything.
Thank you for your time.
Btw Happy New Year to you and all the people on this site.

right, i'm playing Germany in week 33, 1928, and just researched interwar planes but when I try to upgrade my dorniers to ju86 or arados to whatever comes next, the game crashes. I earlier upgraded other planes (gothas, i think) to the dorniers, and that worked fine
????????

What is the number of Star sprangled banner mp3? :confused: That does appear to cause it to hang up and fail most of the time. If you could let me know, I will remove it or replace with another song. Thanks, Games play very nicely otherwise. Civpedia is still madling but I just guess at what is needed to make cities grow & be happy.:crazyeye:

A little update on World so far. :eek: Poland is nuts, they have declared war on about all of Europe, but are doing well in Russia and holding off the Germans!:ar15::spear:
In 1928 now, England is now in it against France. French colonies are going fast, I have taken alot in Alantic coast of Africa and most of Far east ones. While English, Germans and Italy are after the rest. Brest has fallen to my Marines, and the Germans, British and Russians are at Paris. :clap:
I think France's days are numbered. :goodjob:
I haven't lost a single ship yet, but French can't say the same, there isn't much left, only in the Med.

Russia has also gotten into war with France and Japan:confused:, why? Japan is also going after China and China is attacking Sima?

Yet another, strange thing, is Mexico keep trying to cross in to USA, but line on troops has stopped that. I have been very nice to them but they keep pushing.:crazyeye:

All for now, later:king:.

@ David: It is song nr. 30. That song is corrupt. Also: I had no time to make a civpedia and in no way will have in the near future.

@ Loki: I just remembered the reason why. I had this bug, too. It appears, once the unit maximum is reached. If you kill or disband a unit, you should upgrade again without problems.

Adler

Music is still causing my game to chash, I am sending you via pm txt file that is being sent to Mircosoft. :(

Will be trying the game on another machine to see if it cause same fault.:goodjob:

Ok, I am still getting a chash, even on second computer, a Dell laptop D630 with 2gram, dual core Intel processor, will send you second PM that txt file.:cry:

What song exactly causes the crash? I have PMed you, I can't understand that message via PM. BTW did you delete Stars and Stripes (Nr. 30) in the music.txt?

If you have such problems with the songs, I can only make the advice to delete them all. Or you can alternatively test every single song, if it is working.

I have on my own very little experiences with civ 3 music. However, civ 3 is very erratic concerning foreign music. I am sorry for these bugs. I did not have them.

Adler

Top Bottom