Scores killed in China protests

does that matter whether he is Chinese or not? huh?

not to mention that is a rather poor method to test if a person is chinese
Yeah according to this test this guy is Chinese:

Okay, I'm back, and, as you all know, man does not live by the internet alone, I left my computer for some time.

I admit, my Chinese is very poor considering the fact that I only understand a few hundred characters in traditional. Also, my Mandarin is crap as I speak Cantonese at home.

Let me clarify. I was, to some degree, ridiculing the use of icons that demeaned the thread. Secondly, I was trying to satirize the hard-line stance that many Chinese take, yet, simultaneously, I also point out the increasingly contradictory aspects of Chinese society I have encountered. My reasons were manifold, and I do not care to delve into my own motives.

I consider myself a citizen of this earth. In fact, I want to see a world where the powers, the US, China, the EU, can work cooperatively to solve problems, with none conspiring and all cooperating. See, my fear for China and for the world is stagnancy of its political system. People can root out corruption; that is definitely a good cause. But authoritarianism is more deeply ingrained. I have spoken to immigrant Chinese who have come over here, one of whom stands out in my mind. He is a youth, younger than me, but already, his mindset is incredibly nationalistic and authoritarian. I asked him about the possibilities of democracy in China; he was convinced that China was past such a system. Even my parents, immigrants with greater experience than me, have optimistic hopes about China reforming as a more open, freer country. Yet the youth is, at once, becoming jingoistic and absorbed in themselves. They have taken the worst lessons of the past: that Japan is utterly evil, that the nation and state are paramount, that narrow-mindedness is patriotic. Yet, at the same time, they forget other harrowing lessons: that state is sometimes wrong, that transparency is a must. It is a wrong-headed combination of consumption and closed-mindedness. It is the same that encourages the PRC to go into Africa and drain the countries of resources. That mindset will promote another era of economic imperialism in Africa, where the regime and means are disregarded and the ends and products are consumed. I understand, investment, much of it Chinese, can help develop Africa, and much of it has. But money will, without stipulations, flow into the hands of harsh, rigid regimes. I digress.

Look, I believe Tibet and Xinjiang should remain Chinese, albeit in a more autonomous style of government. Taiwan and the PRC should re-unite peacefully when the time is right.

And hell, yeah, other countries have problems. We need to fix them. But in a globalized human society, should not everyone speak and critique the internal and the external? The domestic and the foreign?

I want to ask one question.

Do everyone here knows why Chinese solider has to kill some Uighur ?

The answer: They do not have to kill Uighurs. I understand that violence on the part of rioting Uighurs results in harm to the citizenry, but riots can just as easily be squelched by tear gas and rubber bullets. They are not armed with assault rifles and armored vehicles; you should not overreact to some violence with more of it. What precedent will it set?

The answer: They do not have to kill Uighurs. I understand that violence on the part of rioting Uighurs results in harm to the citizenry, but riots can just as easily be squelched by tear gas and rubber bullets. They are not armed with assault rifles and armored vehicles; you should not overreact to some violence with more of it. What precedent will it set?

Yes. They won't be shoot on the street. However, the Uighurs who kill somebody will die later. This is Chinese law. He will be sentence to die.

And then, the western media will say Chinese government kill Uighurs and do not tell you the all.

This is the most idiotic thing I've heard this month. Congrats, you're not Chinese because you forgot #6: stupidity of brain.
Do not try to shame a nation.
It makes your brain have more STUPIDITY,

Ok, here's proof. Name a single religion that has NOT been persecuted under the "Communist" regime. Continually, the slaughter of dissidents and minorities, the economic disparity between the eastern coastal plain and the arid west, and lack of any real freedom speak to China's totalitarianism in openness's clothing. Hell, the Boston Globe reported that they had virtual prison camps to which parents could send their children if they played MMORPGs too much [pissed] ! If China isn't authoritarian, I don't know what is.

;)

Name a single nation that has NOT been massacred by western FREE country?
A historical example could explain now and future on any place?

Continually, none of your imagination is really exist. Some of them are laughable. Please use the fact to prove your issue, not your imagination.

Name a single nation that has NOT been massacred by western FREE country?
A historical example could explain now and future on any place?

Continually, none of your imagination is really exist. Some of them are laughable. Please use the fact to prove your issue, not your imagination.

Name your definition of "massacre", and your parameters of nations.

does that matter whether he is Chinese or not? huh?

not to mention that is a rather poor method to test if a person is chinese

Well, at least if someone American do not speak English at all call other American as 'defy their American heritage', it would sound ironic, don't think?:lol:

By the way, of course you do not need to be Chinese to talk about things about China.:lol:
What I've said is specifically against that guy questioning my loyalty to my culture. So I hope this issue causes no more misunderstanding.

Well, my opinion is the Uighurs should be punished by their bloody behavior, and if the Han people do the same things, they should be punished as well. In any case, the riot is evil, and shouldn't be supported.

Well, my opinion is the Uighurs should be punished by their bloody behavior, and if the Han people do the same things, they should be punished as well. In any case, the riot is evil, and shouldn't be supported.

...you don't collectively punish people.

Name your definition of "massacre", and your parameters of nations.

If there is an area in this planet that western countries have not tried to conquer in past 500 years?
America? Africa? or Asia?
If there ia a kind of conquer without violence or power politics?

Native American? African? British Egypt Arab? Iraqi? Serbian? Afghanistani? Chinese?
Who don't have experience of hurt by western countries which always declare themselfs to be FREE and DEMOCRATIC?

Native American, not Naive American, suspicion of racism...
btw, themselves, make mistakes again..

Privately, I never trusted any type of communism.
In China, in this time, noboy really trust communism, even the Chairman of this land.

The only thing we trust is not to be weak and incapable as this country in past century. China's future is decided by the people their. If China goes democratically, it is their choice. If it does not, it is also their choice.
Also someone said it is no freedom and less human rights here. I cannot accept fully. And I always try my best to become a part of the pressure which enforce the gov. to be more open and enlightened.

Top Bottom