Screenshot analysis!

You can't trust these videos to show realistic placement of districts/wonders. For example, in this Kongo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvtvjo3fPsQ around ~1:30 we see that Big Ben is not placed next to a Commercial Hub, even though as far as we know it is required to be.

They use "world-builders" to make these videos that probably ignore placement requirements.

Spoiler :

Is that Encampment directly adjacent to the City Center? I thought that was prohibited. Does the river nullify such?

First it is better to use spoiler for a large image. I don't think a river nullifies it. I think there are 3 possibilities:
  1. Editor
  2. Changed the rule for "encampment not buildable adjacent to city center"
  3. It is the encampent of another city (is that possible?)

As additional explanation for 2: since the minimum distance between cities is now 4 (it was mentioned being 5 at some point) it could induce problems with placement of the encampment.

I just noticed something that I don't think we've talked about before. When you are a suzerain, it says that you can use your builders to improve the tiles of the city-state. That's pretty cool!

Have we had a discussion about the "Your units may enter city-state land"?

It seems to be that that would hamper exploration quite a bit.

Have we had a discussion about the "Your units may enter city-state land"?

It seems to be that that would hamper exploration quite a bit.

1. That might not be a problem until certain eras/points where CS start excluding units

2. Those might be bonuses that you don't need to be a suzerain to get. (senior citizens can run for president.. but you get that ability at 35, you don't have to be a full senior citizen)

Confirmed for a while now. Basically they're invisible buildings that get built when you establish a trade route with another city. They provide extra gold to trade routes going to or going through that city.

I think it's worth mentioning that early road building/ trade routes should be done in such a way as to include the closest cities and city states first so that roads don't circumnavigate in between cities.

I have seen several instances of roads that go one hex away from a city in an effort to connect to a city state that is a bit further away, (and probably a bit more lucrative at the time). But this could make hooking up the Trading Posts more difficult/impossible later on.

I think it's worth mentioning that early road building/ trade routes should be done in such a way as to include the closest cities and city states first so that roads don't circumnavigate in between cities.

I have seen several instances of roads that go one hex away from a city in an effort to connect to a city state that is a bit further away, (and probably a bit more lucrative at the time). But this could make hooking up the Trading Posts more difficult/impossible later on.

Later on you'll be able to have Military Engineers manually put down roads wherever you want.

Pete Murray posted this on twitter now

"Pete Murray
‏@FXSPeteMurray
Today, I am a warmonger. I mong war. I also mong conflict, irascibility, pique, and skirmishes. Inquire for wholesale rates"

Wondering if that have something to do with Civilization. :crazyeye:

Pete Murray posted this on twitter now

"Pete Murray
‏@FXSPeteMurray
Today, I am a warmonger. I mong war. I also mong conflict, irascibility, pique, and skirmishes. Inquire for wholesale rates"

Wondering if that have something to do with Civilization. :crazyeye:

Bolded interesting parts. Mongols DLC maybe?

irascibility? pique? was gorgo known to be xanthippe-like? (i could certainly imagine her like that, for the purpose of a civ-leader)

Yeah, also: when greece is his favourite civ as tweeted earlier, then it's like: Yesterday he won a culture victory (with pericles), today he feels like warmongering (with gorgo), right?

Yeah, also: when greece is his favourite civ as tweeted earlier, then it's like: Yesterday he won a culture victory (with pericles), today he feels like warmongering (with gorgo), right?

Or possibly Arabia...with Trade + military bonuses

Mongols are very unlikely. No mentions about them in any of the leaks, Genghis as GG, etc. So probably it's something else.

Top Bottom