Sekai: Land of the Fading Sun (Pre-FantasyNES)

Name: Konishi Nari
Class: Samurai
Race: Kitsune
Description: She stands on the taller side for the Kitsune and has a white coat trimmed in black, she only has one tail.
Background: TBA
Single Character, Female
Equipment: Katana, Wakazashi, Armor, Short bow
Attack: 3
Defense: 2
Movement: 1
Hit Points: 4
Advantage: +1 Attack in Forests
Initial Skill spending: Downward Straight Cut (attack skill lvl 1)
Five Elements: Earth 0/Water 0/Fire 0/Wind 1/Sky 0/Void 0

Initial action - from wherever I am starting to begin traveling to Miyamoto Musashi whom I have heard is an amazing warrior.

Haruki/ Frozen In Ice
Race: Yato
Class: Ninja
Current Location: Castle # 7, the Yato one
Attack: 2
Movement: 3
Hit Points: 3/3
Five Elements: Earth 0/Water 1/Fire 0/Wind 0/Void 0
Equipment: Leather Armor, 4 short swords, shortbow
Inventory: None
Gold: None
Spells/Skills:
Movements:
Education: Camouflage (+2 Defense)

Misaki
Race: Yato
Class: Sorcerer
Attack: 2
Hit Points: 3/3
Five Elements: Earth 0/Water 0/Fire 1/Wind 0/Void 0
Equipment: Staff
Spells/Skills:
Movements:
Education: Scorch (+2 damage)

Katsu
Race: Oni
Attack: 4
Defense: 1
Hit Points: 2/2
Five Elements: Earth 1/Water 0/Fire 0/Wind 0/Void 0
Equipment: Katana, Mace, Armor
Spells/Skills:
Movements:
Education: Straight Thrust (+2 Attack)

Character inventories can be whatever you want right now. Surely your character has a weapon or something. It won't effect their stats, though, but for story purposes it is perfectly okay.

I want to be a single character named:
Ryu
Samurai

He's gonna be a human and I'd like to work for a player-controlled kingdom if possible. kkmo let me know what else you need from me to participate!

I want to be a single character named:
Ryu
Samurai

He's gonna be a human and I'd like to work for a player-controlled kingdom if possible. kkmo let me know what else you need from me to participate!

Hello RP! Sounds good. For starters, you should definitely read over all the rules. In there, you will see what is required for characters. Then you need to fill out this chart (for inventory, you make it up - but it will not effect your stats - and for Movement, leave it blank because PRELIMINARY TURN does not have movement, and for gold, 25 is okay for characters to start with).

Every turn, including the preliminary turn that happens before we start the NES, you need to fill this out:

Character Name/Player Name
Race: Your race.
Class: Your class.
Current Location: Write your current location (specific hex).
Attack: Write your current attack level.
Defense: Write your current defense level.
Movement: Write your current movement level.
Hit Points: Write your hit points (#currently/#total).
Five Elements: Earth/Water/Fire/Wind/Sky (list as Earth#/Water#/Fire#/Wind#/Void#).
Equipment: Weaponry and armor equipped to your body.
Inventory: Items you currently have that are not equipped.
Gold: How much gold you have in your pouch.
Spells/Skills: Spells/Skills you have learned.
Movements: Are you moving your character during this turn?
Education: What spells/skills are you learning for the next turn? Each character begins with earning 10 spending points for spells/skills each turn.

Chishiosangaku initial spending (of 3200 gold)
-400 on Sorcery
-400 on Transportation
-1000 on a library in B11
-1000 on 500 infantry
-350 on 50 cavalry
-120 on 12 wizards
-130 on making my castles looks really scary or something (couldn't figure out to do with this money :p )

-130 on making my castles looks really scary or something (couldn't figure out to do with this money )

Why don't you reinvest it, so that starting on Turn 1, instead of having 3200 gold per turn, you will have 3206 gold per turn (5% growth rate, reinvest 130, round down = 6 gold).

Or jesus, buy more troops or keep it in your coffers?

At any rate, if you want to spend 130 to make your castles scary - that is totally fine. Cool. :D

Ohitsuji/Shadowbound
Race: Nezumi
Daimyo: Shibutoi
Hexes: 4
Advantage: +1 attack to infantry in lowlands
Income: 5200
Growth Rate: 5%
Coffers: 0

Recruit 300 infantry and 200 ranged for 1200

Research Construction for 800

Research Trading for 400

Construct 4 marketplaces for 2800

Ryu/Metaliturtle
Race: Human
Current Location: H11
Attack: ?
Defense: ?
Movement: ?
Hit Points: ?/?
Five Elements: Earth/Water/Fire/Wind/Sky (list as Earth#/Water#/Fire#/Wind#/Void#).
Equipment: Standard Samurai fare, katana wakizashi(sp?) and tonto full Samurai armor in alternating stripes of Ryu's family colors of Black Green and Gold. His family crest is emblazoned across his back within a large circle.
Inventory: Mostly things for living off of the land; flint and steel; rope; small cutting knife for day to day use; blanket/bedroll; basic clothing; a small carving of his father that he reveres.
Gold: 25 Gold
Spells/Skills: Spells/Skills you have learned. ?not sure if I get to learn any o these before I start learning them.
Movements: Staying put
Education: What spells/skills are you learning for the next turn? Each character begins with earning 10 spending points for spells/skills each turn. (want to see your answer to the other spells/skills question first.

RP, you get 10 experience points to distribute between those areas (attack/defense/movement/hit points), and you start with whatever spells/skills you distribute your 10 spending points in.

Important Rules Change! Every type of character can now learn every type of spell and skill! Please see the updated rules. In addition, Hunters are now only proficient in Terrain skills. And, last but not least, every spell/skill that is specific to your class is now HALF THE COST (always round up - which means if it is 3*, the spell/skill becomes 2*).

So this means I need updated character profiles. Sorry for this, but the changes actually give a lot more to characters.

I like that change, it's alot less limiting on character development that way. It doesn't look like it will affect my orders for this turn however.

Ah, I see. Well growth rates for everyone begin at 5% and improve with certain improvements and events. The max growth rate is 50%. The reason growth rates seem kind of high if all improvements are built is because I will be introducing several random events that will make growth rates decline. Be careful. I'm a generous DM if the stories are interesting and good, but at the same time - I can be a little trickster, I'll admit.

Ok, I have some questions before joining:

1. First of all, if I make a kingdom, can I still make it to found it and choose race etc.?

2. If I make a kingdom, what would you appreciate the most that I made? Any race, alignment, anything? Mine eyes be too tired to read the nation list throughoutly right now. I'd prefer to do something relateable; I like the idea of Akki if I can make them as hilarious and stupid. But a human kingdom interests me of some reason...

3. Also, I'd love to be geographically close to some characters because if I am going to be a kingdom, I want to interact with the characters themselves... :) I really like that aspect, so I'll probably focus on that a lot.

4. Uh, dunnow. I'm considering a kingdom, and this was supposed to be some question about making a character, but I forgot. How much freedom do I have for cooperating with characters? I haven't checked the list yet, but if I'm playing human and I hire a Goblin adventurer party, that'd be pretty ridiculous.

(I'll probably make some sort of solution anyways, you know, act out towards them against myself if I have the power to do so, uhm, if they're Akki, and I'm an orderly human king, then I'll have some rogue duke revolt against me to have the heroes get something to do. Possibly.)

Ok, I have some questions before joining:

1. First of all, if I make a kingdom, can I still make it to found it and choose race etc.?

2. If I make a kingdom, what would you appreciate the most that I made? Any race, alignment, anything? Mine eyes be too tired to read the nation list throughoutly right now. I'd prefer to do something relateable; I like the idea of Akki if I can make them as hilarious and stupid. But a human kingdom interests me of some reason...

3. Also, I'd love to be geographically close to some characters because if I am going to be a kingdom, I want to interact with the characters themselves... :) I really like that aspect, so I'll probably focus on that a lot.

4. Uh, dunnow. I'm considering a kingdom, and this was supposed to be some question about making a character, but I forgot. How much freedom do I have for cooperating with characters? I haven't checked the list yet, but if I'm playing human and I hire a Goblin adventurer party, that'd be pretty ridiculous.

(I'll probably make some sort of solution anyways, you know, act out towards them against myself if I have the power to do so, uhm, if they're Akki, and I'm an orderly human king, then I'll have some rogue duke revolt against me to have the heroes get something to do. Possibly.)

1. You can choose.

2. Hm, well, we don't have a player Oni kingdom - we don't have a player Yato kingdom - and we don't have a player Kitsune kingdom (only NPCs for all of those). You could even play Yoma, but it'd be much more difficult. So I suppose I would like for you to choose Oni, Yato, or Kitsune, but you don't have to. We could use another Human kingdom, actually - so why don't you go ahead and do that.

3. You can put yourself anywhere that isn't claimed and send out a Sekai-wide notice to heroes for them to come to your kingdom for a task. Then you and I can talk and decide some rewards for both your kingdom and the heroes, depending on what story you want to write about it.

4. You have a ton of freedom for interacting with characters. That's what it's all about. :) I'm open to a lot of things with characters and kingdoms interacting.

And remember, "Order" and "Chaos" in this NES only tell us what the alignment is. There can be bad order and good chaos. So Order and Chaos kingdoms can ally and become friends, and Order and Order kingdoms can go to war to the bitter end.

Top Bottom