SGOTM 14 - Xteam

I will run a test tonight but Myst after AH. To not do that would be unrealistic since that will hinder growth. Whipping a monument as you noted is not a big deal and a zero happy/unhappy event.
Appreciated! Delaying AH will definitely hinder growth here but can't say how techs, builds and worker actions go together without testing. However, it should at least give us a quite early SH date without totally destroying growth.

Appreciated! Delaying AH will definitely hinder growth here but can't say how techs, builds and worker actions go together without testing. However, it should at least give us a quite early SH date without totally destroying growth.

Well I did a test and was able to build the SH and still get my settler 2 out on T 49 with 2 chops and 2 pop whip.
This is the test with stone in Ashoka's BFC.
Spoiler :
SH test

0: Start Worker and AH
5: Culture expand:Using Sheep
9: Hindu Founded elsewhere
13: AH in, start Myst, Buddhi Founded elsewhere
15: Worker>War, To Lamb
16: Start pasture
19: Pasture done and using.
20: Myst in start mining
21: Size 2.
22: Start cow. Warrior killed by bear.
25: Size 3, Using corn, pastured cow and sheep.
26: War>SH
27: Stop SH>War
31: Corn done
36: Settler>SH
39: BW in >TW, Revolt, Found NY and start on SH. Capital>war
41: Size4.
44: War>Wprk.
45: IBT: CHop/mine complete
46: Worker>Setter.
48: NY size 2 working ghm and forested plains
49: Settler2>war
50: SH built elsewhere 70 gold form failure. We should

Redo
36: No change
39: BW in >TW, Revolt, Found NY and start WB
41: Size 4, 1 Chop into SH>7 turns left.
45: Size5, Chop 2 in.
46: SH in. Start settler2.
48: NY size 3, whip WB. Capital culture expand
49: 2pop whip settler, NY: WB>Archer

I am not sure If I am for it or not yet. I know we can use 2 GPs to bulb Theo and part bulb CS. But I feel that may be counter productive if we need to bulb our way to Astro.

Nice testing gents. :)

Finally got a chance to give this a test drive. Used the save without the stone in Asoka's bfc.

Got Stonehenge on turn 49, could have been a turn earlier as I did not whip anything (all chops), so could have waited to revolt.
Turn Log:
Spoiler :
4000 BC – turn 0
Settle 1 west.
Set research to Animal Husbandry.

Turn 12 – 3520BC
Attacked by Bear and kill him. Promote to CBT1.

Turn 13 – 3480 BC
Complete research on Animal Husbandry and start on Mining.

Turn 15 – 3400 BC
Worker completes, start Archer.
Worker heads for Sheep.

Turn 18 – 3280 BC
Warrior is attacked by another bear and kills him, promotes to Woodsman1.

Turn 19 – 3240 BC
Pasture completes, head for Corn.

Turn 20 – 3200 BC
Complete Mining, start Bronze Working.

Turn 22 – 3120 BC
Start Farming Corn.

Turn 27 – 2920 BC
Farm complete, head for Cow.

Turn 30 – 2800 BC
Archer completes, start Worker.

Turn 33 – 2680 BC
Bronze Working completes, start Mysticism.
Revolt to Slavery.

Turn 34 – 2640 BC
Archer kills Lion, set to heal.

Turn 35 – 2600 BC
Worker completes pre-chop near Washington.

Turn 37 – 2520 BC
Worker completes, start Settler.

Turn 38 – 2480 BC
Complete forest chop into Settler.
Worker heads for Stone area to pre-chop.

Turn 40 – 2400 BC
Mysticism completes, start Masonry.
Worker completes 2nd chop into Settler.
Worker begins pre-chop near Stone.

Turn 42 – 2320 BC
Meet Qin of China.
Settler completes, start an Archer.
Move Settler and second Worker towards Stone.

Turn 45 – 2200 BC
Archer completes, start a Worker.

Turn 46 – 2160 BC
Masonry completes, start Wheel.
Found the city of New York on Stone. Set production to Stonehenge.
Workers chop 2 forests into ‘henge.

Turn 48 – 2080 BC
Chop third forest into ‘henge, due next turn.

Turn 49 – 2040 BC
Complete Stonehenge and start a Work Boat.

Attachments

• 2040BC_SGOTM4_Test_henge.jpg
    2040BC_SGOTM4_Test_henge.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Testleif_Complete_Stonehenge_BC-2040.CivBeyondSwordSave
    92.2 KB · Views: 42
Looks promising, leif. (Why did you revolt to Slavery so early if you weren't going to use it? Seems you could have at least waited until just before NY was founded.)

Be interested in seeing a save from Htadus for comparison. Perhaps after the next test iteration?

Well, thought I might need it. But ended up chopping instead. Testing will show whether we need to change and when is the best time.

With two Workers, it was quick and easy, but I'm no sure I ended up much better than Htadus... :)

Looks promising, leif. (Why did you revolt to Slavery so early if you weren't going to use it? Seems you could have at least waited until just before NY was founded.)

Be interested in seeing a save from Htadus for comparison. Perhaps after the next test iteration?

I am sorry I did not have a save for that turn but this is where I stopped at...goofing off :D. This is turn 55.

I was tring to see how badly/well the GS generation work if I were to run a few turns of a scientist in the capital. But had to help take the kids up stairs to sleep. The techs were not focused either.

The SH was build with 2 chops and I too revolted as NY was founded.

Attachments

• Lin_Emp_Sta_Tes_Nor_Anc_1800-BC_Tem_Low_Aug-17-2011_00-07-59.CivBeyondSwordSave
    103 KB · Views: 35
Nice job with the tests! :goodjob:

I know we can use 2 GPs to bulb Theo and part bulb CS. But I feel that may be counter productive if we need to bulb our way to Astro.
How do tech paths go if we want to bulb CS with GPro? What should be avoided? I guess it would be rather easy to block the GPro generation after the first one with a library + 2 scientists somewhere, later with GLib + Nat. Epic.

Nice job with the tests! :goodjob:

How do tech paths go if we want to bulb CS with GPro? What should be avoided? I guess it would be rather easy to block the GPro generation after the first one with a library + 2 scientists somewhere, later with GLib + Nat. Epic.

we need to avoid Monarchy and learn Mono. Glib and NE only polute the GP pool and not guarentee. I believe the chance for GS will drop to about high 60 percent. Anyways I think we should focus on the Oracle for MC or CoL inplace of SH.

As usual I am off to work and will get involve when back.

we need to avoid Monarchy and learn Mono. Glib and NE only polute the GP pool and not guarentee. I believe the chance for GS will drop to about high 60 percent. Anyways I think we should focus on the Oracle for MC or CoL inplace of SH.
Well, meant to build GLib + NE to different city than SH. NE is tricky as with it you can get great people faster but it gives some artist pollution. With 2 scientists from GLib + 2 from library you get 93% chance for GSci with NE. This is quite high already imo and you can get it higher with caste.

In some cases it's better to "build" wanted GP during a golden age to guarantee the results. Without philo the NE-option is nicer as you can get almost 2 GP in the time you would get one without NE. This kind of negates the artist pollution from NE. Being philo makes the GA-option more useful than normally as NE won't double the GP points generated.

Are you advocating for no NE due to Philosophical trait?

Where are we on Stonehenge construction? Seems there may be better alternatives? 'mids? GLib? Oracle?

Settling in place has significant advantages, but probably will only turn out to be optimal if there is a good city site adjacent to the sheep, and, while that's not unlikely, it's probably too big a chance to take. So I have no problem with moving the settler 1W and pausing to consider what we see across the river before refining our early game plan.
Are we ready to move the Settle 1-west to see what is there and make a final settlement decision?

Are you advocating for no NE due to Philosophical trait?
I think that NE is almost always useful if you have marble and grow your GPs in one city. What I was trying to say is that being philo-leader makes it easier to get for example 2-3 GMs (or scientists or something) during a GA from multiple cities with caste. This is mainly due to the fact that philo-bonus affects all cities, NE only one. It's basically just a question whether we want a constant source of GPs (usually mainly GSci, good for example when bulbing up to Liberalism or Astro) with some pollution or 2-3 GPs in very short time and we want them to be exactly the wanted type (often used to get GMs to fuel the upgrading of troops before war). But this is not a question that should be addressed before starting, we need to see first what's happening in the game.

Where are we on Stonehenge construction? Seems there may be better alternatives? 'mids? GLib? Oracle?
GLib or Mids won't really affect the building of SH as the timing of those is way further. Even Oracle won't be much of an issue, I think. But how about GLH? We need to explore a bit to see if there's enough water for it...

Are we ready to move the Settle 1-west to see what is there and make a final settlement decision?
I'm ok with this.

I'm good with moving the settler before deciding on city placement.

I think that NE is almost always useful if you have marble and grow your GPs in one city. What I was trying to say is that being philo-leader makes it easier to get for example 2-3 GMs (or scientists or something) during a GA from multiple cities with caste. This is mainly due to the fact that philo-bonus affects all cities, NE only one. It's basically just a question whether we want a constant source of GPs (usually mainly GSci, good for example when bulbing up to Liberalism or Astro) with some pollution or 2-3 GPs in very short time and we want them to be exactly the wanted type (often used to get GMs to fuel the upgrading of troops before war). But this is not a question that should be addressed before starting, we need to see first what's happening in the game.
OK, thanks. :)

GLib or Mids won't really affect the building of SH as the timing of those is way further. Even Oracle won't be much of an issue, I think. But how about GLH? We need to explore a bit to see if there's enough water for it...
Thinking what it affects is tech choices as we go up the tree. We should have some idea of what we want to achieve in order to "set up" that timing of the Wonders we want to build.

The building of Stonehenge also slows rex. So it encourages us to be more vertical than horizontal?

The building of Stonehenge also slows rex. So it encourages up to be more vertical than horizontal?
The building of SH has two sides. It slows the initial expansion a bit because you want Masonry for stone and need to actually get the stone (second city placement). If you can chop SH with stone, it's hammers well spent (but still spent on something else than settlers). On the other hand, you won't need to build monuments around and get kind of "free" border pops. That way you can settle the cities number 3-6 more freely as it doesn't matter that much if some good tiles are on the second ring. Hammerwise, SH equals 4 monuments but of course earlier hammers are more important.

Sometimes it's better to get culture for border pops from religions or libraries but as we're charismatic, we'll want those monuments anyway.

I think that is 5 ok's to move west and post image. I will very soon.
Hope MP and Hawk do not mind. Am I a go leif, for the image?
Yes, I think so.

:thanx:

BTW with stone, The SH is only 60 hammers, or 3 chop.
True, I'm not a big fan of that city site though. :crazyeye:

Tried a test game of 1 north. It is interesting that the Oasis sped up tech a fair amount, providing 2 commerce per turn. I think I got to Stonehenge a couple of turns earlier. I do not think the prospects are so good long term. Would sure like to know what is around the Cow?
But we aren't going to find out soon enough... :crazyeye:

Sorry for the silence. Had a little relocation. Should be back into it by next week.
Everything is OK? We miss your input but hope that all is well. :thumbsup:

I think that is 5 ok's to move west and post image. I will very soon.
Hope MP and Hawk do not mind. Am I a go leif, for the image?

BTW with stone, The SH is only 60 hammers, or 3 chop.

Sorry, traveling this week and a bit behind. I agree with poking our heads west to see what is across the lake.

Should be able to help with testing this weekend, then off onto the road again next week.

Top Bottom