[BTS] SGOTM 24 Unusual Suspects

Sounds good!

How many preserves do we have complete from the starting screenshot forests?

Game uploaded in 1520AD. We can kill off Toku right now, which triggers turn-countdown, as both us and Bismarck are keen environmentalists. In our home turf as defined by the starting screenshot we have 46 forest preserves, with 23 more outside our main lands. So if I get that right, we can subtract 46*2+floor(23/5)=96 from the 100 turns in environmentalism, or in other words spend 4 turns avoiding tripping domination to win in 1540. Shall I pull that trigger and get it over with?

Btw, I understand that forest preserves built after the count-down starts, do no count anymore, right? I don't think we can build 5 FPs per turn extra, so I figure no sense in waiting to kill Toku, so we better trigger the final countdown just now.

I don't remember the details on not counting new preserves after the countdown starts so I will clearly take your word for it. :)

Fire away imo.

Ok, done! 1540AD for 234k domination it is.

Some screenshots of when we got Biz into environmentalism, our forest preserve count the moment Toku died and the counter started.

Note that fully in line with our luck a forest grew 2SE of Cahokia when I had already done all our fp's in the area and had my workers over to Persia, so that made only 46 instead of 47. :lol:

Spoiler :

Thanks all for the game, especially Ronnie for sitting this out until the end. :)

I'll inform Alan and Zhary we're done.

Thanks for wrapping it up! Sorry I was so useless this game.

Thanks to all and to you as well nocho for finishing it off!

The forest regrow is pretty indicative of how this one felt. :undecide:

I got a message back from AlanH.

Hi, thanks. As usual, you can head off and look at the other threads. Please don't post in the unfinished ones. I'll set you as complete, and then you'll be allowed to download the other saves.

Quick scan:

Turbo Ants 960AD AP, Dancing Bears 1110AD domination, some fine dates there! :goodjob:

However, we beat them both on score! :lol:

X-team looks like they'll finish after us. It's 1370 and only now think of cuirs while they still have to go scimeth/bio/medicine and just found out on Toku's geography, so that should take a while. An AP shortcut doesn't look easy here as Biz built it and they hardly have the religion spread (nor to other AIs).

Nostalgia haven't posted in a month. 1040, all forest preserves up and looks set for an AP win, but curiously no other AI even has the AP religion yet. If they still play, surely can beat our date with some work.

So I guess 3rd or 4th, and gold on score! :D With our wonderful luck this game, not that bad a result. :)

Congratulations to the victory even if it's not gold you did a great game. Well played.:goodjob:

Top Bottom