1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 23, 2020.

1. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

An Oracle 1whip is 15h???

We already have T 79 with a mostly full granary. Better than a forest if you ask me.

2. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Are you still whipping the wb?

I think a T 79 Oracle is dubious at best. T 75 is far better. We should do everything we can to speed our tech up.

3. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

The dun might be able to do it, but I'd probably rather whip 2 pop and have the lighthouse.

4. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Stone is a multiplier only for Christian and Jewish cathedrals. Marble only for Hindu and Islam. Likely to be a problem.

5. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Pillage Resource Solution 2

Road plainshillfur (T57) + Cows3n2w (T60). Done.

Good till 500 :culture: in Cows.

6. WastinTime

I typed the exact same message yesterday and then didn't send it because we likely don't want to go without +1 :) from fur.

7. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

How critical is the CS slingshot to our game? In other words, if we don't get it, are we screwed? If so, then I agree that we might need to sacrifice city development for increased research speed. Keep in mind that whipping max OF into stone-enhanced wonders improves both city development and research speed so I'm not saying don't whip. But it might mean working high-commerce tiles (e.g. furs and silver) rather than high-food tiles.

We have several solutions for the Oracle, now we just have to tech as quickly as possible (assuming fail gold at key times??) and align the completion of the Oracle with the completion of CoL/Math.

Does bulbing Math help at all? Could we even get a GS in time to make it worthwhile? EDIT: Sucks to "waste" an early GS on Math but if the CS sling is make-or-break...

8. WastinTime

Our game doesn't depend on Oracle. Oracle could get built next turn for all we know. It's a very good thing to trade 150h for 1200+ :science:, so we want to make sure that if any team could get it, we also get it. I don't feel that we took any detours (like IW,) so other teams would have a hard time getting CS slingshot if we miss it. Of course there's that random factor of the AI building it or not.

9. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Ok, I think I got it.

We can indeed pull the Oracle all the way forward to T75 with 2 math chops. Thanks LowtherCastle :thumbsup:
    The key is to get Dun from 24/50 to 36/50 on T70 by working all hammer tiles and working Oracle all other times.
    Spoiler :

I went with the traditional plan of T72 Great Wall, and with Stonehenge gold landing on T72 (116:gold: from Science City and 110:gold: from Cow City) + The Great Wall gold starting to land on T73, we have plentiful :gold: and can finish Code of Laws fast enough to get T79 Oracle.
    This can be pushed earlier by 1 or maybe even 2 turns with Stonehenge gold earlier than T72, so I think the Dun trick in Profit City + 2 chops is vital and should be planned on.
    Stonehenge :gold: earlier than T72 is very, very likely so T79 Oracle is just too slow.
    So Masonry by T58 to start Dun is required.
    Spoiler :

Now, how can we push Code of Laws even earlier?
    I think the trick is putting a 2nd 10:hammers: chop into The Great Wall in Canal City on T68, and then whipping The Great Wall complete on T69 instead of a Lighthouse.
    This means we can only add :hammers: to Great Wall in other cities on T64, T65, T66, and T67.

T63 - whip overflow and chop from Shepherd lands in Science City
    T64 - Overflow and chop lands in Great Wall in Canal City
    T65 - Great Wall builds naturally in capital
    T66 - whip overflow from Granary chop lands in Silver City
    This small amount of gold (36:gold:) lands T70, so it is crucial unless we are actively spending Stonehenge gold.
    T67 - 2 chops land in Cow City, both of the tundraforests (this requires Shepherd to skip roading fur, but the northern Silver City Worker can do it T69)
    All 3 remaining forests in Cow City on plains forests
    T68 - 10:hammers: chop lands in Great Wall in Canal City
    T69 - 2-pop whip Great Wall complete in Canal City

Getting our Great Wall :gold: 3 turns earlier is worth it even if it is only 250:gold: instead of 350:gold:

=========================

We could let Whale City complete Monument 4 turns later on Turn 68 instead of Turn 64 if we choose to chop for Great Wall :gold: on T66 in Silver City? :hmm:
    Either +10:hammers:(+20:gold:) from outside Silver City borders or +20:hammers:(+40:gold:) from inside the big fat cross. :hmm:

Another thought is 1-pop whipping Great Wall in Science City for +30:gold: past the 150 maximum on T69.

Also, I think doing the 1-pop whip Dun trick in Cow City (32/50) the same turn we do it in Profit City to get a 50:hammers: raw overflow to get +100:hammers: in Pyramids might be worth doing.
    Add in +180:hammers: from 3 chops in BFC and Pyramids City is over half way to Mids.

I'll try to hammer out the micro now.
    Will force Stonehenge complete on T60 and see how much we really need from Great Wall.

We might need the extra +70:gold: from silver city chop and Science Great Wall Whip if we can't work Stonehenge from T63 to T68 if it was already completed earlier (+116:gold: from Science City only)
    Will have to make a decision on T61 about Silver City chop.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  10. WastinTime

So you're going to build the Dun without stone?

And we only whip GW 69 if we don't have Henge gold, right? Getting some sort of gold is certainly the best way to tech faster. It'd be nice if we could just watch SB build Henge.

I could see 1 whip GW in Science depending on the city size and what's coming. like Library

11. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Ya, starting Dun T58 means we can chop Oracle complete on T75, T76, T77, T78, or T79 as needed.

GW 69 without Henge :gold:? Hmm
    Might make sense to delay it 1 turn to try to get more :gold:.
    I'll have to check the numbers.

12. WastinTime

The 2nd way to tech faster (once we get enough gold) is to settle #7. That city gives +5 raw bpt.
    Where did we decide? and when will #7 get there?

If we do Silver then the city can quickly, and temporarily, get up to +8

13. WastinTime

Let's say SH/GW/Mids gold takes us to turn 100.
    Moai can give as much as ~1375g, but that is really stretching it and includes city #7. (275 x 5).
    Actually, IIRC, there's something special (or i should say especially bad) about whipping Moai, so more likely:
    240 x 5 = 1200g.

Anyway, I know I'm getting ahead, but what failgold wonder is next?
    I assume we'll rush Oxford and get no failgold there.

Maybe we manage to get Marble by ~T120?
    Yeah, I suppose we work GLib, NatEpic, and we still have an artist wonder to do.

Tech path is something like: IW, (Currency? skip? no one to trade with). Paper, Edu (GS bulb ~T110?), Aes?, Lit.? Gunpowder?

14. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Looking at early-ish stone-enhanced wonders:
    Hanging Gardens (Math - requires aquaduct which we may want in some cities)
    Chichen Itza (CoL)
    Notre Dame (Engineering)
    Angkor Wat (Philosophy)
    University of Sankor (Paper)
    Spiral Minaret (Divine Right)
    Oxford (Education - we might be able to fit in a few extra Wonder Bread hammers in a city or two before we finish it; this is the next wonder after 'Mids where we can time its completion)

I didn't go beyond this. I'm not sure any wonders after Education will actually get built by the AI in a timeframe that helps us but I'm not sure; depends on how liberal we are with tech trading/gifting.

If we get Marble, many other options open up but I'm not holding my breath. Is T120 when our culture would get the marble at Profit?

15. MirrorGuard

MirrorGuard Prince

Yes. After BC1000/T75 1 turn=25 years. Oracle needs 40 turns to double its culture output. That will be a total of 40*(8+1*2)=400 culture, assuming no lib +2 culture monument. Before Oracle there is 25+ culture in deposit. So it's about 40+4 turns to save 500 after Oracle.

Mitchum, Kaitzilla and LowtherCastle like this.
  16. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Moai whips are * 1/2, canceling out the stone bonus.

Spoiler Rush costs for Wonders :

17. WastinTime

The reason that is unlikely is because said city would need to whip a university, but maybe the OF from that goes in Oxford.
    It's usually just worth it to have Oxford online than delay it for failgold. We'll see.
    Yes, and the other national wonders are not I think (those list omitted NatEpic, HeroicEpic)
    Thx for putting together the list. Yeah, I don't see the AI completing any in a reasonable time except maybe these two ^^.

18. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

@Kaitzilla There are tons of ideas floating around in this thread. I hope you're able to keep them all straight because I can't. ;) Is your current PPP the latest and greatest or are you still trying to pull it all together into a single, cohesive plan?

In intend to walk through your PPP in the test game but I want to be sure I'm working with the latest and greatest.

19. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

@MirrorGuard Are you wanting to get into the turnset rotation or are you still unable to play at the moment?

20. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

The results of my test are in.
    I got the AI to give me the Stonehenge completed message Turn 63 and 116:gold: arrived Turn 64.
    I spent all of it in 3 turns.

Chopped the Silver City forest for +40:gold: and 1-pop whipped Great Wall in capital for +30:gold:
    Great Wall was whipped complete T69, and we got +68:gold: on T70 and +254:gold: on T71.

Worked max commerce tiles the whole time.
    Did not whip Lighthouses in Silver City and Canal City.
    Starved Whale City to get an extra 1 coin each turn.
    Stopped working rice in capital to work an extra scientist.

T76 Oracle was … a :science: short even working plainsriverfarm instead of cow in Cow City! :cry:
    Spoiler :
    I'm going to file T76 Oracle under theoretically possible? :hmm:
    T77 Oracle would let our empire develop a lot better with more :food:
    T76 Oracle also requires 21 turns of perfect micro under the Early Stonehenge Scenario.

Settling City 7 as WastinTime suggested on that turn would probably fix the problem.
    Or skip the +30:gold: Great Wall whip in capital for earlier x2 scientist and library.
    Or try to get more gold by chopping a capital 24:hammers: forest into a 14/15 Warrior with 9:hammers: per turn production on Turn 74.
    Or try to build Stonehenge in some city between T56 and T63 even without stone for a few extra coins.

Scenarios
    Early Stonehenge - We see the "Stonehenge completed in a far away land" message between T56 and T63 and receive 116:gold: the following turn. :cool:
    Once we see the message, we cannot add more hammers or chops to a current Stonehenge build because they will vanish. :sad:
    Golden Stonehenge - We see the "Stonehenge completed in a far away land" message between T64 and T66 and receive (116:gold: + fail gold from Cow City) the following turn.
    Congratulations, we got extra money and have it early enough to use it to guarantee T66 Oracle -> Civil Service :D
    Late Stonehenge - We see the "Stonehenge completed in a far away land" message between T67 and T76 and receive (116:gold: + fail gold from every city that worked Stonehenge) the following turn.
    Oracle is delayed - This Stonehenge gold gets added onto the end of our Great Wall gold. Might be thinking about Oracle -> Currency.
    Criminal Stonehenge - We see the "Stonehenge completed in a far away land" message after Turn 77 and receive our gold the following turn.
    We get our gold way too late to matter for Oracle. Hopefully we delayed Great Wall completion a few turns so we could still attempt to Oracle Civil Service.

I need to write down a new PPP.
    Ignore the old one!

Attached Files:

LowtherCastle likes this.