"Shadow" schedule

Wait... no Wildlands? no Hinterlands?

Wilderness is in a very dangerous place right now. I havent been able to find a way to implement that the AI can handle, and thats a show stopper at this point. But its still sitting there in the design doc and I think about it all the time (a lot of team members are excited about it too) but I dont know a good way to do it yet.

You better implement Hinterlands and a Morale mechanic....or else...or else....

eh...ok, I guess there is nothing I can do anyway, but still, you better implement them!

Aww... where's the Design a Unit winning entry :(

I havent forgot about that or the design an event. Still waiting to be done.

It was a complex series of events involving a trade dispute between two cities, as I recall. For obvious reasons, we'll have to wait for the Circle of Gaelen to get working properly before we can expect that to get done.

An attempt to make the world less civilized. The idea I'd seen floating around was that they'd have certain "unnavigable" terrain (Trackless Desert, Deep Jungle, etc) that could only be passed with certain techs or certain civs (the Malakim, for instance, would always be able to pass through Trackless Desert).

The idea I'd seen floating around was that they'd have certain "unnavigable" terrain (Trackless Desert, Deep Jungle, etc) that could only be passed with certain techs or certain civs (the Malakim, for instance, would always be able to pass through Trackless Desert).

Why not just treat these terrains as the old Civ used to treat triremes that attempted to sail out to sea - ie there`s a % change that you will lose your unit if it attempts to enter trackless desert/deep jungle. Units that made it through say 3 tiles of such terrain could receive an "Explorer" or "Pioneer" promotion that would either give that unit a much better chance of not being lost in these terrains or be able to pass through them without the chance of being lost. It would give you a real incentive to strike out into the terra incognita, and leave unexplored areas that perhaps hid ancient secrets or Civilisations.

:bump:

Why not just treat these terrains as the old Civ used to treat triremes that attempted to sail out to sea - ie there`s a % change that you will lose your unit if it attempts to enter trackless desert/deep jungle. Units that made it through say 3 tiles of such terrain could receive an "Explorer" or "Pioneer" promotion that would either give that unit a much better chance of not being lost in these terrains or be able to pass through them without the chance of being lost. It would give you a real incentive to strike out into the terra incognita, and leave unexplored areas that perhaps hid ancient secrets or Civilisations.

Now, that's a neat idea. I'd love to see that implemented. Especially on creation maps.

The Armageddon counter always becomes an issue in mid-late game. On top of that there always seems to be little to do about it. Eliminating hyboreum clearly makes that less of a factor, but that is not always an option.

For relations, I wondered if good players would like each other more if Hyboreum exists, perhaps helping offset religious dislikes a bit since there is a 'greater' evil afoot.

I wish there were some ritual/building I could build as a good player to reduce the arm. counter. If I'm willing to invest a lot of production to it, shouldn't there be a way for my civ to reduce the arm. counter a point or two? Otherwise I find few ways that I know of to bring that counter down. Seems one-sided in that case, an unavoidable doom...

Any tips I may not know about for bringing the arm. counter down?

Build, Raise or takeover the city with Prophecy of Ragnarok. Kill units with the Prophecy Mark.

Destroy the Veil Holy City, OO Holy City. Remove Veil religion from any city you can.

(Summoning Basium brings AC +5 btw ;), renegade angels aren't good for stopping Armageddon. Though he can make up for it)

For relations, I wondered if good players would like each other more if Hyboreum exists, perhaps helping offset religious dislikes a bit since there is a 'greater' evil afoot.
The AC (Armageddon Counter) already influences the good to evil relations. But I agree that it should by far outweigh any religious differences between like-aligned religions.

I wish there were some ritual/building I could build as a good player to reduce the arm. counter. If I'm willing to invest a lot of production to it, shouldn't there be a way for my civ to reduce the arm. counter a point or two? Otherwise I find few ways that I know of to bring that counter down. Seems one-sided in that case, an unavoidable doom...

It is supposed to be one-sided. "If you want to prevent Armageddon go out and fight evil" is basically the idea for good civs. Of course there is a ritual that brings down the AC: The "Hallowing of the Elohim".

Build, Raise or takeover the city with Prophecy of Ragnarok. Kill units with the Prophecy Mark.

Don't forget that as a good civ you should never again build a unit in the city with the Prophecy of Ragnarok or else you will contribute to the AC yourself. It is however a good way to prevent others from destroying the world.

hey all well im a long time player and will prob play this mod until i die ( or wife kicks my ***)

well heres the thing me and a few friends are trying to start a game butt we cant connect to each other.......

LAN = we can see it but time out every time
Net = cant see it
Direct IP = crap :p

i have windows vista and so does the 2 pc in my house

HELP PLEASE

p.s. SORRY IF THIS WAS ALREADY ANSWERD ..........

hey all well im a long time player and will prob play this mod until i die ( or wife kicks my ***)

well heres the thing me and a few friends are trying to start a game butt we cant connect to each other.......

LAN = we can see it but time out every time
Net = cant see it
Direct IP = crap :p

i have windows vista and so does the 2 pc in my house

HELP PLEASE

p.s. SORRY IF THIS WAS ALREADY ANSWERD ..........

the bug thread says:
5. Vista users have reported crashes if they have UAC (User Account Control) enabled.

dont know if that helps at all :D

Perhaps you should move that question to the FFH Troubleshooting sub-forum.
There are quite a few other players trying to sort out problems with Vista at the moment.

Top Bottom