SheepNES: The Dragon is Awake: Sign Up!

Sheep

Orange Shrooms!
Nation list and CURRENT RESERVATIONS Thanks to Abaddon with the help in updating this recently

Americas

Aztec Empire - Chinese tribute state – claimed by Lord Iggy
Incan Empire - Chinese tribute state - claimed by Ninja Dude

Europe

Kingdom of Ireland -
Kingdom of Scotland - claimed by Warhead
Kingdom of England - claimed by Justo
Kingdom of Portugal - claimed by D'Artagnan59
Kingdom of Spain - claimed by justokre
Kingdom of France - claimed by FlyingChicken
Kingdom of Denmark - Norway - claimed by LightFang
Empire of Sweden - claimed by didntjsjr
Tsardom of Russia - claimed by Stormbringer
Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania - claimed by DarthNader
Duchy of Prussia - Polish vassal
Kingdom of Hungary - claimed by Stuck in Pi
Duchy of Austria - HRE - claimed by fantasmo
Kingdom of Bohemia - HRE
Duchy of Bavaria - HRE - claimed by Neverwonagame3
Duchy of Baden-Westphalia - HRE
Duchy of Hannover – HRE - claimed by Charles Li
Duchy of Hesse Nassau - HRE - claimed by Sparrow55
Haenastic League - HRE
Duchy of Saxony - HRE
Duchy of Silesia - HRE
Duchy of Brandenburg - HRE - claimed by carmen510
Duchy of Wurttemburg - HRE
Duchy of Munster - HRE
Duchy of Luxembourg - HRE
Swiss Confederation - claimed by HMS Vanguard
Papal States - claimed by a_propagandist
Republic of Venice - claimed by Kol.7
Republic of Milan
Kingdom of Savoy
Empire of the Ottomans - claimed by Kentharu

Africa

Tripoli - Ottoman tribute state
Tunis - Ottman tribute state
Algiers - Morocco tribute state
Sultanate of Morocco - claimed by binyo66
Empire of Senegal - Portugese tribute state
Empire of Songhai - claimed by Abaddon
Confederation of Mossi
Empire of Benin-Ovo
Hausa States
Empire of Kanem-Bornu
Empire of Ethiopia - claimed by Arian
Empire of Congo – claimed by Lord_Joakim
Empire of Lunda
Empie of Luba
Empire of Mwenemutapa

Asia and Middle East

Maori Confederation of Chiefdoms - claimed by Masada
Empire of Japan - claimed by Birdjaguar
Kingdom of Chosun - Chinese tribute state
Ming Empire of China - claimed by Amon Savag
Kingdom of Annam - Chinese tribute state
Kingdom of Cambodia - Chinese tribute state
Kingdom of Laos - Chinese tribute state
Kingdom of Ayutthaya - claimed by taillesskangaru
Kingdom of Pegu
Kingdom of the Burmese - Chinese tribute state
United Shan States
Holy State of Tibet - Chinese tribute state
Kingdom of Nepal
Empire of the Mughals - claimed by silver2039
Raj of Bengal
Raj of Orissa
Raj of Vijayanagara
Kingdom of Saylan
Sultanate of Oman - claimed by Icekommando
Sultanate of Mahra
Sultanate of Yemen
Safavid Empire of Persia - claimed by sp1023

Note on Tribute states, Vassals and the HRE.

Tribute states will be required to forfeit some of your economic income to the the state which you owe it too.. In return the nation you pay tribute too is automatically at war with any nation that attacks the tributary... A tribute state may elect not to pay its master causing an automatic war to occur between the two nations... A master nation can elect to release a tribute state with no further consquences past the cancellation of all obligations.

Vassals (there is only one at the current time) are the same as a tribute state although the vassal cannot break off the agreement voluntarily nor does it have any control over its foreign policy although it may conduct diplomacy and raise rebellion if need be.

The Holy Roman Empire states will hold elections on who is to be the Emeperor once every 5 turns. The Emperor has the power to declare war on behalf of ALL members of the HRE, and HRE nations give a small fee to the HRE treasury for Imperial armies and the like. The Pope also has 2 votes even though its not a member of the HRE to represent the power of the Church A player may decide to go against the wishes of the Emperor although those Imperial armies can then be used to return the errant Duchy to the control of the throne.

All are still playable

Please Do not post as of yet

SheepNES: The Dragon is Awake!

Introduction:

In 1421 the Great Treasure fleets of China sailed the world oceans under the guidance of the great Admiral Zheng He. In OTL after these voyages due to a series of freak occurances (eg lighting striking and burning some of the Forbidden City in Beijing during the voyage) China looked inwards after these voyages and records of the disoveries largely destroyed or simply forgotten.

This Nes explores the world of 1530, where China did not look inwards. Europe is largely unchanged as of yet, although first Spain and then Portugal have begun to encounter Chinese territories that have begun to dot around the world in another stage of the Chinese tributary system. In the Americas (called Fuzhou ITL) both the Aztec and Incan Empires have become tributary states of the Chinese Empire. The Ming Empire is perhaps the most advanced and the most powerful nation on earth at the current time.

In Asia much of the smaller states lie under the Chinese tributary system, boosting the Chinese economy rather than their own... The Mughals in India have benefited from Chinese and lately Portugese interference. Tibet remains under the control of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and further south the Chinese colonies in Sumatra, Malay and Kalimantan and Azohau (Australia) OTL New Zealand is occupied by the Maori Kingdom, a state that has so far managed to avoid paying regular tribute to the Emperor of the Middle Kingdom.

As already stated Europe largely remains unchanged (albiet almagalmations have been made for my own sanity). The Ottomans under Sulieman I have in recent years beseiged Vienna and defeated the Hungarians at Mohales. Poland-Lithuania remains the Ottoman's strongest European protaganist. The Holy Roman Empire still struggles with political and relgious strife, while the scandinavian countries continue to grow their influence.

In Africa I have included several of the major native empires. These nations are facing troubling times with the recent arrivals of Portugese colonists and Chinese traders. This has been followed with the spread of a somewhat troubling disease.

Much of the world is still yet unclaimed... This is intentional.

You may post now... begin signing up... Stats and rules will be released as completed.. ETA 1 week.

For s**t's and giggles I'm going to have to play my kin, Maori Confederation of Chiefs please.

Your map site confuses me.

Yes I am currently looking for a better upload service.

Reservation confirmed... please read the notes pertaining towards tribute states.

Hey man, try imageshack. MUCH MORE BETTER CONVENIENCING FOR THE WINNERS. I mean, a "you're in line" countdown timer? Sheesh.

You know what, I'm so kind that I'll DO IT FOR YOU -- FOR FREE!
Spoiler There be dragons! :

Don't make me do this again!

Also, I'd like to claim Duchy of Brandenburg - HRE the Kingdom of France please.

damn you masada you first post ninja!

anyway confirming ottoman empire

Can't wait for stats and what not to be completed! :)

Thanks flyingchicken... Brandenburg is the light blue one around Berlin in case you are wondering exactly who it is.

I'll take Bavaria.

I would like to take the Ming Empire of China. If you don't want me to play that, then I will play Japan or Austria.

Also, the map site confuses me too. If you were to use Photobucket, then I think more people would be able to see it (unless you don't have Photobucket).

Please refer to Flying Chicken's post, he has done photobucket for me..... China needs a very dedicated player for it... Do you think you are up for it? You cant miss any orders!

Bavaria confirmed

BTW, who starts off as Emperor?

The first turn the Emperor will be a NPC nation, with the election to be at the end of the first turn.

Also let me know if you which of the following you would prefer

a. ONE TURN = ONE YEAR
b. ONE TURN = TWO YEARS
c. ONE TURN = FIVE YEARS

Sorry to ask so many questions, but does the Emperor have a (percieved) obligation to defend the Empire? Or do states have to fend for themselves if other ones attack them?

(I'd prefer one year, by the way)

On second thoughs Darth no offense but this game depends on a good vetran and committed player to be China... I just have a slight doubt..

So cut ya a deal Japan or Austria..... and if there is noone who takes China or if that player leaves you will be given first prefrence provided you prove yourself.... I hope that is fair.

Top 5 Nations yet unclaimed

Ming China (special consideration)
Spain (special consideration)
Portugal (special consideration)
Poland - Lithauania
Mughal Empire

Top Bottom