Should crack cocaine be legalized for recreational use?

• Total voters
sure. crack cocaine is less addictive than pretentious dogooderism and much less harmful to other people trying to live their lives as well.

when your drug poll gets outvoted even on a internet gaming forum....

No, that would be ridiculous - I have reservations about marijuana and alcohol even, and cocaine is much more addictive and dangerous. The best reason for the former two to be legal is their widespread use, and otherwise impossibility of preventing people from using them even if a law was passed. But cocaine is not that widespread, does a lot of harm, and therefore shouldn't be legal and can still be kept under control. (Finally, I do agree that current law enforcement practices aren't the best - users are often hit unfairly - especially by race/demographics - and dealers aren't being stopped. Decrimilization or other changes to law enforcement could be fine but this isn't the same as legalizing).

No.

Should crack cocaine be legalized for population control?

Yes.

Sure. I don't care. I've smoked cocaine and ash. Its not that good, in fact I wouldn't use the word good to describe it at all. It also encourages beastiality. Can't say I'd recommend to anyone, but at the same time I wouldn't deny it.

No, that would be ridiculous - I have reservations about marijuana and alcohol even, and cocaine is much more addictive and dangerous. The best reason for the former two to be legal is their widespread use, and otherwise impossibility of preventing people from using them even if a law was passed. But cocaine is not that widespread, does a lot of harm, and therefore shouldn't be legal and can still be kept under control. (Finally, I do agree that current law enforcement practices aren't the best - users are often hit unfairly - especially by race/demographics - and dealers aren't being stopped. Decrimilization or other changes to law enforcement could be fine but this isn't the same as legalizing).

i think you have no idea how widespread cocaine is.

If you legalise or decriminalise cocaine, you're going to see more people using easier accessed, less dangerous, more fun types of cocaine, and less people pushed towards the cheapest and most dangerous kind. Simple market economics.

everything should be legal and anyone who says otherwise is lazy and dumb

If you legalise or decriminalise cocaine, you're going to see more people using easier accessed, less dangerous, more fun types of cocaine, and less people pushed towards the cheapest and most dangerous kind. Simple market economics.

But how dangerous would the hypothetically least dangerous and most accessible forms of cocaine be?

I have no idea. Probably less dangerous than crack. Just like Ice is a very cheap and dangerous amphetamine addicts get forced towards by economic pressures, and Heroin is a very concentrated, cheap and dangerous opiate compared to smoked forms.

I wouldn't use cocaine even if it were legal. From what I hear from ex-cokeheads it's a pretty lame drug. The high only lasts ~30 minutes, and the comedown is very harsh. On top of that, you get "coke dick", wherein you are very horny as a result of snorting coke, yet you cannot get an erection. :crazyeye:

That in addition to the fact that it's addictive, dangerous, etc.

the only thing I'll do is huff paint. Anything other than that (including weed) is silly and just too dangerous to be worth it IMO.

Sure, as long as the taxpayer don't pay the hospital's bills.

taxpayers shouldn't pay for anything because there shouldn't be taxes. taxes are for the lazy and dumb.

I wouldn't use cocaine even if it were legal. From what I hear from ex-cokeheads it's a pretty lame drug. The high only lasts ~30 minutes, and the comedown is very harsh. On top of that, you get "coke dick", wherein you are very horny as a result of snorting coke, yet you cannot get an erection. :crazyeye:

That in addition to the fact that it's addictive, dangerous, etc.

Well of course ex-cokeheads are gonna dog on it.

Sure legalize it and (I heard something similar for tobacco products) make it illegal to sell to minors and put a large skull and crossbones poison symbol on the packaging.

My libertarian nature wants to say yes, but I can't in good faith favour legalization of something like crack. Mostly because it's a black people drug.

... okay seriously, because it's a much more destructive drug than pot or alcohol. But being an addict shouldn't be a crime, so decriminalize for users not dealers.

Top Bottom