Well, I'll take a shot in the dark and ask to be signed up for team 4. I'm new to the forums as it seems a lot of us are here, but have plenty of experience with the game.

Team 1
Sommerswerd
coreybowman
evran
classical hero
tariqari
Shogu
Herviov

Team 2
Joshua368
pauluslupus
NeverSurrender
cIV_khanh93
Dux_
johnle43
EmperorSnefix
Toch

Team 3
General_W
remake20
Viva_Chingon
AutomatedTeller
Kylearan
dre131
Theoden
Joe Harker
civplayah

Team 4
tomicdaniel
PurpleTurtle
kendi64
Nimadno
Sync
Brutus2
Earthling

Team 5
Domino369
James009
Numdydar
cujo376
Hummel
peter grimes

Unassigned
Kaleb

We should get private team forums soon, so keep an eye out for new threads in this forum. :)

Team 1We should get private team forums soon, so keep an eye out for new threads in this forum. :)

Will they be ballanced out so every team has an even number of players to begin with, or at least really close?

Right now we are 7:8:10:7:6

p.s. just so I am clear, you don't need all members of a team present in order to progress, right? I know there will be some days that I won't be able to contribute (definately don't make me the turn player)

Not to worry - only one teammate will play the save for your team. Whether or not the save is played during a live chat session is up to your individual team. In my experience, there have only been a small handful of turns that were played 'live' - notably, the Omega Turn of MIA's victory in the very first MTDG.

I'll be playing, but I'm not ready to pick a team yet. My selection of a team will be driven mostly by my perception of two things:

Will the other members stick around? I've had bad experiences with being a turnplayer getting no input, and with being a lurker (by RL necessity) and getting no info.

Are the other members interested in positive diplomacy with other teams? Many games I have been in have gone badly for my team and I think it was often the result of poor diplomacy on our part.

I had planned to choose based on where a couple of particular MTDG regulars go, but that aspect of the game seems pretty unbalanced right now. Guess I'll have to wait and see how things develop a bit more.

Please sign me up for the winning team. :)

Team 3 with the General and Kyleran!

:gripe: Not if I can help it! :old:

unless you want to be on team 5, of course :mischief:

Oh yeah :goodjob:

For the record, I have been playing Civ 4 since it's release and have been with the series from the beginning. I usually play on Noble difficult...

Best put me down to join my cohort, 1889, on team 3. Thanks.

Can I sign up as some kind of spectator? I don't have much experience with open games. I have played several games with a buddy of mine against AI's, but never against other people. I think we played monarch level the last few games.

I want to learn about game tactics from the pro's, and maybe I can make some usefull suggestions during the game.

Will they be ballanced out so every team has an even number of players to begin with, or at least really close?

Right now we are 7:8:10:7:6

Perhaps we can just assign the 'unassigned' players to balance things out at the end?

Not to worry - only one teammate will play the save for your team. Whether or not the save is played during a live chat session is up to your individual team. In my experience, there have only been a small handful of turns that were played 'live' - notably, the Omega Turn of MIA's victory in the very first MTDG.

Please sign me up! I followed the second game, and it was very cool. Any team will do.

My play style is quick expansion, quick religion, followed by a slow peacefully culture heavy civ.

Jeff

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but i was wondering about unoffical patches and betterai. does it matter if i have them as my default. i can reinstall if it is but id rather not.

As 22 is my favorite number, team 2 please :). but if there are balancing issues any team will do.

I have monarch level skills in single player.

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but i was wondering about unoffical patches and betterai. does it matter if i have them as my default. i can reinstall if it is but id rather not.

Are they in your CustomAssets folder? Pretty sure those don't effect multiplayer?

Apologies if these are FAQ-style MTDG questions but is there going to be a cap on the number of people in each team? And at what point will Civ leader´s be assigned?

Kaleb said:
Apologies if these are FAQ-style MTDG questions but is there going to be a cap on the number of people in each team? And at what point will Civ leader´s be assigned?
This should probably be asked in the FAQ thread.... try to keep this one clean for sign-ups :)

I'll answer your question over there!
:salute:

Please sign me up! I followed the second game, and it was very cool. Any team will do.

My play style is quick expansion, quick religion, followed by a slow peacefully culture heavy civ.

Jeff

Thank you :)
Those are the best allies. please be friends with us :)

I'll join. Random non-3 team is fine. Will do my best to inflict a first loss on the good General... ;)

Top Bottom