Single city start

tactician066

Chieftain
old timer at strat gaming new at civ. i ve tried culture , science and political victories with Venice china and Babylon all with 1 primary city which is capital and one support city for pumping out decent military. at normal difficulty. i find it strange that people are over complicating things. have not tried deity yet because believe that if AI gets a bonus then using a superior strat then whats the point of playing it :confused: it is not teaching me how to get better at this game. your thoughts?

The point of Deity is to make it challenging when you are good at the game. The AI in this game is incapable of strategizing as well as the human. They just aren't that good. Over time they become predictable and easy to play against.

A lot of us that have played a long time are too bored if the AI don't get bonuses because we'd never be remotely challenged and easily win every game only half-trying. It can be fun to play from behind.

Eventually even Deity seems straightforward and after that there are mods that make the AI smarter. If you are interested in this search the library, there are some great AI mods.

Top Bottom