Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

A lot of unit spam of any kind will do that. I'm not sure why there's so many workers in the AI right now but I can look for it as we start trying to overhaul some of the ai stuff. We've been getting reports of a lot of them since this version and it's apparently something to look into.

Sorry to be back, but I seemed to have broken it again (to be fair, trying to find and report bugs is the whole point). Another repeatable CTD once you click Next Turn. Running SVN 11466. Thank you!

Edit: Unfortunately, still CTD under 11470.

Edit 2: But 11471 did fix it!

Attachments

• 11466 Crash File.CivBeyondSwordSave
    13 MB · Views: 15
  • MiniDump-v42.1.BETA.6904-20220428-131805.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 15
  • UserSettings.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
anyone figure that post above ctd yet??
Toffer was working on it and it looks like your game exceeded that maximum amount of unit selection groups for a player - probably back to the problem of too many workers, so we've discussed some solutions on that. At THAT exact crash point it's too late to fix because to expand the limit is to break savegames. I wasn't aware we could even potentially expand the limit tbh but apparently we can at the cost of breaking all saves so that's not really an appropriate answer, and we know we've got the underlying worker overcreation to address. Some discussion with Flabbert and he has some good theories as to why it's happening though its his architecture that he should be interacting with to make an adjustment that keeps it from being possible though we ARE looking at creating an AI hardcoded worker limit internally so that it's not a limit by unit but by type in this case and only applies to set a more reasonable expect for the AI but there are some other greater concerns as that's just a patch solve - he thinks that the problem is similar to some of the overcreation of property units at times, that the cities are being asked to create because a problem has been found but where they are being trained they can't get to and SOLVE the problem from so it becomes an infinite request for more help. THAT is a little more complicated to address.

Toffer was working on it and it looks like your game exceeded that maximum amount of unit selection groups for a player - probably back to the problem of too many workers, so we've discussed some solutions on that.
i tell u what, i am going to delete all the workers from all parties and see if that really is the problem

<iMaxPlayerInstances>20</iMaxPlayerInstances> is this plausible? just for workers, not mule/horse/llama etc wortkers. .

i tell u what, i am going to delete all the workers from all parties and see if that really is the problem

<iMaxPlayerInstances>20</iMaxPlayerInstances> is this plausible? just for workers, not mule/horse/llama etc wortkers. .
You can try it on all worker types for now and it may work.

Small formatting error, missing the hyphen.
upload_2022-6-3_7-47-15.png

ok, deleted all workers (in this case it was clones), and it didnt matter still eot ctd. . . so that is not the matter in this case . . turn time was faster but .. . . .
It's probably the barb player or neander player then simply having too many units. Perhaps look for that. One player exceeded over 4k unit selection groups somewhere.

It's probably the barb player or neander player then simply having too many units. Perhaps look for that. One player exceeded over 4k unit selection groups somewhere.
Nah, it was the purple player.

Still looking into the CTD btw, not giving up even though it's a complicated one to solve I think.

We may have a problem with selection groups without units existing or something along that line. Anyhow, speculating won't help, gotta investigate deeper.

Not sure if this similar to the CTD, you guys have been talking about but I keep getting a CTD when I try to finish my turn.

Attachments

• Shepard September 13, AD-1550.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.9 MB · Views: 13
Nah, it was the purple player.

Still looking into the CTD btw, not giving up even though it's a complicated one to solve I think.

We may have a problem with selection groups without units existing or something along that line. Anyhow, speculating won't help, gotta investigate deeper.
Yeah, I get it - these are the problems I bowed out of coding over for a while. When I was the only one doing any and I started seeing stuff like these problems I felt so in over my head that I was dearly worried I'd be breaking the entire thing beyond repair.

Okay, thank you.

that not only worked, but 1 minute was off of turn times. YEAH!!!! .. for now, lol . .

Was this freeze supposedly fixed in SVN 11468 or am I jumping the gun (there does not seem to be a newer SVN version)?
Using this version, I still get the freeze. I attached my latest save - just hit the 'next turn' button and it will freeze.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0302.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.5 MB · Views: 16
Endless loading after end of turn, SVN-11467:

UPD: fixed in 11468 :)

UPD 2: Endless loading after end of turn, SVN-11468 :(

Attachments

• TPEHEP.CivBeyondSwordSave
    7.5 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Was this freeze supposedly fixed in SVN 11468 or am I jumping the gun (there does not seem to be a newer SVN version)?
Using this version, I still get the freeze. I attached my latest save - just hit the 'next turn' button and it will freeze.

Thanks.
Can you double check that you're on SVN rev. 11468?
SVN has a log option in the context menu where you normally do the update, check that log, your version should be marked with bold text.

Can you double check that you're on SVN rev. 11468?
SVN has a log option in the context menu where you normally do the update, check that log, your version should be marked with bold text.
It freezes on master

Thanks.
Fixed the freeze, found a bad bug in unit work contracting code using wrong coordinates.
SVN update coming soon.

Top Bottom