Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

What? Entertainers reduce anarchy in conquered cities? I had no clue, how does it work? It just goes down after you move them to the city?
Every time you do a culture blast it removes rounds of anarchy... you didn't know that? huh... one of those learn something new every day moments eh? I love it! (Hopefully it DOES still do that and it's not a relic of the last time I played a serious game a number of years back.)

Every time you do a culture blast it removes rounds of anarchy... you didn't know that? huh... one of those learn something new every day moments eh? I love it! (Hopefully it DOES still do that and it's not a relic of the last time I played a serious game a number of years back.)
It was doing it a couple months ago, for sure - and yes, that was also when *I* finally understood that OBSCURE "red thing" hint on them.
For all that it's a great mod, its EXPLANATION of certain new features is still often lackluster at best.

Yeah I had no idea of that. I used them passively only, to prevent culture flipping/revolt and perhaps boost literacy a little bit. It's a cool feature... indeed kind of hidden, or probably just mentioned in some civopedia page or forum post about it. RTFM I guess :mischief:

We'll have to consider how to make it more apparent in the future. Not sure where, maybe in the game tips or something. The original culture blast was limited to only the Great Artist and it has always as a side effect eliminated all local anarchy. We did IIRC make it so that the minor blast feature the entertainers get only remove some rounds based on time speed scaling and such. Could be pointed out louder how that works. It's a big use for them. Not sure I like that it kills them to do it though.

Hello everyone,
I've installed newest mod about week ago. When I reach classical era and research "make road", I'm unable to build the road(still only path) with worker. I'm able to make them in world builder though. Is there any other requirement, except this technology? According to civilopedia, this is enough.
My system win10 pro 64 bit. Please help me, if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.

Hello everyone,
I've installed newest mod about week ago. When I reach classical era and research "make road", I'm unable to build the road(still only path) with worker. I'm able to make them in world builder though. Is there any other requirement, except this technology? According to civilopedia, this is enough.
My system win10 pro 64 bit. Please help me, if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.
Do you have access to the stone resource?

Hello everyone,
Are you playing with Advanced Routes?

Yes, I thought it's the algorytm to find routes by units.
If I will disable it, should it works?
How can I build them with advanced routes?
Thanks
Its tooltip said, that you need techs for some features or terrains to build certain routes on certain plots.

So yeah you can disable it in worldbuilder

Is there any other requirement, except this technology?
Certain terrains and features have a higher requirement to build roads (or later replacements) on. You need Canal Systems to build on swamps, mangroves or peat bogs, and you need Paved Roads to build roads on craters, tar pits, dormant volcanoes, badlands, deserts, salt flats, tundra, marsh, hill, jagged, dunes, permafrost, ice and peak (for the last you also need access to mountains). For active volcanoes you would even need Mountaineering.

Hello!

None of my Cultural Wonders (Ming, etc.) are giving me the cultural resource.

Save attached.

Thanks!

Chris

Attachments

• Anna May Wong BC-5512.CivBeyondSwordSave
    10.3 MB · Views: 2
i keep trying to move forward with the axemen but the next turn they move backwards for some reason, i have now tried 5 times to no avail???

Attachments

• Jap12.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • backwards.JPG
    backwards.JPG
    334.8 KB · Views: 15
i keep trying to move forward with the axemen but the next turn they move backwards for some reason, i have now tried 5 times to no avail???
You were saying?
Aaah... RECALCULATION, lol (you can see it from the actual screenshots).
Though I first tried without it, and it still worked.
Also, I guess it turned you into Aborigines, because your civ definition is outdated, most probably.
Aka "Unknown Civ", lol.
Also also, what the heck is going on with your Culture spread, lol?
Maybe you SHOULDN'T play such outdated versions, eh?

Attachments

• Jap12new.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
did u try one more turn?? and not outdated ,modular civ . . and i have the most up2date SVN . .

tried again and backwards again, cant move forward twice??

doesnt matter upon 2 moves up or right backwards they go . ..
Ah, solved, and rather predicted to a degree.
CULTURE, dude, CULTURE.
There WAS a reason I asked you why CULTURE looked so differently in my and your screenshots, despite it being the same save (even without me recalculating values).
Your troops were just being pushed by a half-turn switch of CULTURE OWNER of the plot they were on.
It's basically at 50/50, so each turn the plot was changing the owner, and the other civ was auto-pushing your units out of their borders.
It's beyond obvious after I started a WAR on Israel, thus eliminating the Closed Borders effect that did it previously.
See for yourself - just start a war and it WILL "fix" the issue.
Still kinda a glitch nonetheless, but a predictable and explainable one.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Dude, I definitely can see this CAN'T be "the latest SVN", unless there's some unknown-to-me graphic option for placing the Great People tab (which differs between our screenshots).
I can try again, but you just said that you couldn't do ONE move.
Now it's TWO.
There IS a difference, no?
Be right back.
read carefully, i said "when i move forward (1 turn) then next turn (2nd turn) they move backwards". .

. and yes latest SVN. . .## v42.1.BETA.7263 - 2022-11-07 click on flag u will see same .. .

EDIT: never had a culture problem before???

Last edited:
read carefully, i said "when i move forward (1 turn) then next turn (2nd turn) they move backwards". .

. and yes latest SVN. . .## v42.1.BETA.7263 - 2022-11-07 click on flag u will see same .. .
EDITED.
See the new version.

P.S.
Why does it look differently, though?
Your GP bar is in a different place, that's a fact.

EDIT: never had a culture problem before???
Is that a question?
Then no, or not in this way, or not that I'd ever pay attention.
I rarely get into such situations to begin with.
But this WAS one of my first thoughts when I saw how the percentages were so close to 50/50, I was just too lazy to test it after it DIDN'T trigger on MY test run.

P.S.
Why does it look differently, though?
Your GP bar is in a different place, that's a fact.
That's because he plays on low resolution 4:3 aspect ratio 700x600 or some such.
.... He does this on his full HD 16:10 aspect ratio TV screen and he claims it is not stretched nor has black borders on each side, how is beyond me (cheeky).

Top Bottom