Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

1024 X 768,, lol
Same same, I haven't used that resolution in literally 20 years, so couldn't remember the number, it's one of the smallest 4:3 aspect ratio resolutions.
Back when I had a 24 inch CRT monitor (that's the big cube formed one, not flat screen and not widescreen, I had 4:3 resolution up to 4000x3000 or some such number)

Hello!

None of my Cultural Wonders (Ming, etc.) are giving me the cultural resource.

Save attached.

Thanks!

Chris
I went ahead and checked some things on this.

The city has access to the resource that allows one to build the cultural wonder.

The issue is also affecting the computer players, as well. They're building the wonder, but not getting the cultural resource.

I can manually add the culture resource in Worldbuilder.

Thanks!

That's because he plays on low resolution 4:3 aspect ratio 700x600 or some such.
.... He does this on his full HD 16:10 aspect ratio TV screen and he claims it is not stretched nor has black borders on each side, how is beyond me (cheeky).
Ah.
In fact, I myself changed a PC for a wider one the last year... and somehow ended up thinking this was a SVN-related software change, loool!!!
Still, HOW does it even work, eh?
Additionally, NICE JOB to MAKE that work, lol.
Adjustable UI parts in Civ?
Yeah, would've NEVER thought of that happening!

Adjustable UI parts in Civ?
It's part of what I was doing in the PPIO project, the modmod where I started out just making the pedia fullscreen and self adjusting to different resolutions (dynamic), and ended up working on all UI to one degree or another to have it utilize the screen space smartly/dynamically. The modmod became part of C2C proper due to its popularity some years ago.

It's part of what I was doing in the PPIO project, the modmod where I started out just making the pedia fullscreen and self adjusting to different resolutions (dynamic), and ended up working on all UI to one degree or another to have it utilize the screen space smartly/dynamically. The modmod became part of C2C proper due to its popularity some years ago.
Cool.

Hi.

At a point in the game something happens to city culture. It's pointed out with an arrow. Seems it can't expand culture so it goes to minus?

Attachments

• Skjermbilde (18).png
    Skjermbilde (18).png
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
Hi.

At a point in the game something happens to city culture. It's pointed out with an arrow. Seems it can't expand culture so it goes to minus?
Seems like its tooltip overflow here, upload save anyway.

from my point of view culture is really messed up lately, but it also looks like some cheating has happened in the WB.. . .
Well I have not used WB, if that's what you think. That was a test-game at settler level and ultrafast, just to try recreate the bug. It has also happened at slower speeds, and at hardest difficulty settings.

Attachments

• futar BC-200000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
How about a much simpler explanation (you guys are weird)?
CIV4CultureLevelInfo says Hi, and also that Monumental is the highest achievable city culture level, lol.
So it's "-11 turns" in the sense that it would have to go DOWN at the current rate to reach the MIN CAP of Monumental Culture from above.
It's not a bug, but a weird "feature".
It works fine, just means a dumb thing (should just stop counting "down" altogether after achieving Max Possible City Culture Level).
Solved.

How about a much simpler explanation (you guys are weird)?
CIV4CultureLevelInfo says Hi, and also that Monumental is the highest achievable city culture level, lol.
So it's "-11 turns" in the sense that it would have to go DOWN at the current rate to reach the MIN CAP of Monumental Culture from above.
It's not a bug, but a weird "feature".
It works fine, just means a dumb thing (should just stop counting "down" altogether after achieving Max Possible City Culture Level).
Solved.
Well whatever you label it, its never happened in my games pre-october. Is there any way to alter that CIV4CultureLevelInfo file to fix this problem? Maybe use an older file?

Well whatever you label it, its never happened in my games pre-october. Is there any way to alter that CIV4CultureLevelInfo file to fix this problem?
You can add [Unreachable] culture level and make it, dunno, need to find out what format the number itself is - and then go for max available value.
But it's really pointless and changes nothing game-wise.
It's just a calculation estimation - it gives you positive numbers when you need to INCREASE the city's culture to get there, and negative numbers when you need to DECREASE it, lol.
It's still not really a bug, though.

You can add [Unreachable] culture level and make it, dunno, need to find out what format the number itself is - and then go for max available value.
But it's really pointless and changes nothing game-wise.
It's just a calculation estimation - it gives you positive numbers when you need to INCREASE the city's culture to get there, and negative numbers when you need to DECREASE it, lol.
It's still not really a bug, though.
Oh well, guess I'll have to increase the <iThreshold> values in CIV4CultureLevelInfo to make it playable then.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugConfig", line 84, in unknown_endtag
File "BugConfig", line 308, in endChild
File "BugConfig", line 312, in end
File "BugOptions", line 1246, in complete
File "BugOptions", line 153, in read
File "configobj", line 1087, in __init__
ConfigObjError: Parsing failed.
Hmm, maybe some UserSetting corruption that could be fixed by deleting the UserSettings folder, hard to guess further without more context info on when and where the error is triggered.

Oh well, guess I'll have to increase the <iThreshold> values in CIV4CultureLevelInfo to make it playable then.
There are numeric caps to how high those numbers can go due to program limitations on things like how big an integer can be. I THINK the only real issue is that once you're past the maximum, it starts showing the turns to the next level as a negative because its how many turns away it is from the highest level threshold. Anyhow some culture stuff has been reworked a bit lately - I cannot vouch for how it is at the moment because I didn't quite grasp what they were trying to do mathematically but I'm pretty sure they were trying to improve on some long problematic issues and may have introduced some side effects of simplification.

How is it NOT playable?
Just use higher difficulties, if you think this is "too easy" and thus overflows too much, and that's it.
It has absolute zero effect on the factual gameplay anyways, duh.
Waaait a sec.
Does it also DESTROY the culture SPREAD on the MAP?
I had it once, but didn't pay too much attention to it.
Now, if THAT is the case - yeah, something must be done about it.
Probably REALLY the best solution is to add a Max Cap Level that is literally that - max cap achievable software-wise.
Then it would still have "where to grow", and thus wouldn't switch into negatives.
But it's not the numerical limitation that causes it, just that you are ABOVE your MAX Culture Level, so it changes the VECTOR downwards.
Make it unable to surpass that - and it's peachy.

How is it NOT playable?
Just use higher difficulties, if you think this is "too easy" and thus overflows too much, and that's it.
It has absolute zero effect on the factual gameplay anyways, duh.
Waaait a sec.
Does it also DESTROY the culture SPREAD on the MAP?
I had it once, but didn't pay too much attention to it.
Now, if THAT is the case - yeah, something must be done about it.
Probably REALLY the best solution is to add a Max Cap Level that is literally that - max cap achievable software-wise.
Then it would still have "where to grow", and thus wouldn't switch into negatives.
But it's not the numerical limitation that causes it, just that you are ABOVE your MAX Culture Level, so it changes the VECTOR downwards.
Make it unable to surpass that - and it's peachy.
Yep, it destroys surrounding culture.
Well it is playable, if the city affected is inland and can "borrow" other cities' culture. I only had it happening to the capital though.
I find it strange that noone else has commented this issue yet.

Well I changed the last <iThreshold> from 532480 to 9532480, just as a test. Seems to work as a quick-fix. After one round the surrounding culture came back, and I'm back to culture level 16.

Attachments

• Skjermbilde (19).png
    Skjermbilde (19).png
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
Top Bottom