Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

I am also noticing it, I went into world builder and gave them settlers. Once they had settlers they started building cities like they should
Did they build MORE Settlers? Because now "one city limit" seemingly (and thankfully, if you ask me) affects AI as well. And (I think) that means that Settlers can't be BUILT, but can be USED.

Did they build MORE Settlers? Because now "one city limit" seemingly (and thankfully, if you ask me) affects AI as well. And (I think) that means that Settlers can't be BUILT, but can be USED.
No more settlers were built.

Do you have:
loggingenabled = 1
hidepythonexceptions = 0
in the civ ini file?
No, I just switched to a new computer and forgot to enable logging.

It is not on.
Well, DUH!!!
Not sure how it used to work a while ago, but NOW it affects ALL players, including AI.
And I like it.
It makes for an interesting game when you can only CAPTURE cities, not BUILD any.

EDIT: Oops. You said it "NOT ON".

Last edited:
Well, DUH!!!
Not sure how it used to work a while ago, but NOW it affects ALL players, including AI.
And I like it.
It makes for an interesting game when you can only CAPTURE cities, not BUILD any.
Uh, I think there is a communication error. I don't have One City Challenge on and don't want it on. I want the AI to build settlers and they are not building them. The AI will use settlers if I give them to the AI in the world builder.

Uh, I think there is a communication error. I don't have One City Challenge on and don't want it on. I want the AI to build settlers and they are not building them. The AI will use settlers if I give them to the AI in the world builder.
upload save

Oops. I somehow read it as "ON".

On another hand, if there's tons of Barbs around, AI is now "afraid" of them a bit too much.
I can see it by comparing a game WITH and WITHOUT Barbs.
The former goes like you said - no new cities being built.
The latter starts producing cities quite quickly.
It's basically just "being afraid of Barbs", I think.
Or "not enough space for more cities", but that's technically not true more often than not.

Save attached. I also noticed that the AI is not constricted by minimum spacing rules anymore, is that intentional?

Attachments

• Save.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
got a HUGE problem with current SVN's..... NONE of the other countries r building other cities, i am at turn 330 and they still just have their capital???? on blitz
Just go into world builder and give them settlers. That works for right now, however expect some weirdness with city spacing.

Just go into world builder and give them settlers. That works for right now, however expect some weirdness with city spacing.
I still don't understand what causes it. I *think* they are afraid of Barbs, but maybe something else stupid happens.

I don't play with barbarians on, so in my case it shouldn't be fear of barbarians.

User Settings attached.

Attachments

• UserSettings.7z
    18.6 KB · Views: 5
Hello, I also have the same problem as strategyonly, other civs aren't building tribes or gatherers or their ancient equivalents. Also one quick look in worldbuilder shows that none of their resources are improved either. Playing on deity. Can upload a couple of saves where the same issue has occurred if it's of any help.

Thanks for all the work you do for this fantastic mod.

Hello, I also have the same problem as strategyonly, other civs aren't building tribes or gatherers or their ancient equivalents. Also one quick look in worldbuilder shows that none of their resources are improved either. Playing on deity. Can upload a couple of saves where the same issue has occurred if it's of any help.

Thanks for all the work you do for this fantastic mod.
Upload save and user settings.
User settings should be zipped as its folder in Caveman2Cosmos folder.

Here it is. Thanks for the quick response. I have another save where they did improve their resources but still didn't create any cities.

Attachments

• NoCitiesSave.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom