[R&F] Small things you have noticed on playing

But Dark Classical and Heroic Medival may be a different way.
Have you tried it? The combat city taking with archer/warrior armies before knights come online can be a loyal pain in the backside is how I see it.

How about a renaissence dark, it going to be easy to get that if I just stop warring. War is the big problem, you get rewarded a lot for it.

Nope... Couldn't do it on Space projects, nor the Manhattan project (well, I guess this one isn't really a "District Project" so that was to be expected)

And actually, this bonus is underwhelming at best!
I just expended a 4-charges builder to produce roughly 80% of my city's production on a Commercial Hub investment!!
Not even one full turn worth of production @_@ For FOUR charges (in hindsight, the number of charges probably doesn't matter. I'm too mad to do further testing on this right now), plus it can only be done on the "Great People" projects apparently, and only once a turn. Whew.

Also:
  • You can't liberate a city-state you got from it being captured by an enemy and lost to you through the new loyalty system.
  • The Amundsen-Scott Research Station with 5 Snow tiles gives +20% Science, +10% Production to all your cities -- the double yields (+40% Science, +20% Production) ONLY apply to the Amundsen-Scott city itself (the full-on Tundra/Snow one yeah)

It works on Launch Earth Satellites. It was basically one turn for one build.

Have you tried it? The combat city taking with archer/warrior armies before knights come online can be a loyal pain in the backside is how I see it.

How about a renaissence dark, it going to be easy to get that if I just stop warring. War is the big problem, you get rewarded a lot for it.

No, it seems that just placing a governor and fix the city's monument is good enough to keep it. (at least make it not flip before you capture the next city)

Governor provide loyalty as soon as they're assigned and ignore the 5T settle time.

Going to experiment with some 5 to 6 charge builders plus pingalas space promotion on the last rocket piece

The fishery isn't bad imo it turns otherwise not very helpful coast tiles into decent farms plus gold for harbor buildings. Not essential but nice if you have coastal/island cities with limited land or just generally low food

In my back to back current golden ages I am getting great science from my harbours and commercial hubs. With the right map that strat may be interesting. Just not as strong as quoted on Reddit, the idiot there thinks its normal to get 5 adjacent sea resource ... :crazyeye:
England Nerf? Why?

Renaissance dark is good. May accelerate victory progress in not-so-good maps for ~T150 victories by privateer overflow.

So a 6 charge builder did indeed shave off three turns, pingala has the space project promotion and is in the city. Although I wonder if it works like Chinas ability in that it only completes an original percentage cost of the project?

It uses the same button China would use to put progress into a wonder, the royal societies description is that you "give all builder charges to provide bonus production to a district project" so i would assume if it's 1 charge = so much production then that production can be boosted. But maybe not ?

Circumnavigation does not have to join...
upload_2018-2-10_22-20-3.png

Timeline quote for upgrading to ironclad: Skeptics may ask: "What good is Coal?" But we know now that it is a formidable weapon for our ironclad.

Is this an inside joke defending a one-unit resource?

Anybody else having trouble getting anybody to declare friendship with you? I just tried a peaceful korea game and had two other civs at +10 most of the game but could never get them to declare friendship.
i'm consistently friends with almost everyone, if not everyone, every game i play

i wonder what i'm doing wrong

Alright I can only assume this has already been reported since this is too blatant to not notice, but Reina's district purchasing is bugged.

Before:

After:

Clearly says it should cost 550 gold to buy but it costs 930 in reality, putting me in negative gold all of a sudden. Considering the price is seemingly dependent on how many districts of the same type you already have I was thinking maybe if I had a theater square currently in production somewhere it could mess up the numbers, but I don't have that so... beats me. Same thing happens if I try it with other district types too btw

I haven't seen this mentioned...

I have to wait 25 turns after a dow before making peace (on marathon). Used to be 10.

edit: or am I losing my mind?

I haven't seen this mentioned...

I have to wait 25 turns after a dow before making peace (on marathon). Used to be 10.

edit: or am I losing my mind?
I literally never play on marathon but at least it seems more logical to me that it should be 25. Seems natural that peace treaty timers logically ought to scale with game speed

AI trades still don't make any sense to me

i just traded silver to victoria for citrus

she allowed me to add 68 gold per turn to her side of the offer

silver for citrus + 68GPT

i'm consistently friends with almost everyone, if not everyone, every game i play

i wonder what i'm doing wrong

I think initial like/dislikes are highly based on what difficulty you're playing on, so i wonder if the people discussing these things are playing on different difficulties.

Personally, I mostly play(and lose) on deity, and there's some steep penalties to initial meetings. even if i'm not being a jerk towards them(avoiding forward settling and the like), i also have to be able to match their agenda(intentionally or unintentionally), and/or have a suitably extravagant gift to give them. Through these means, i can sometimes befriend a civ early, but it's not always easy or even doable.-- in addition to the starting meeting penalties, i'm usually behind on comparative agendas.

Often they also like they also really like denouncing me(presumably to give them an excuse to attack me, because their early military usually outpaces mine), which makes diplomacy harder

When I played on lower difficulty levels, it seemed like becoming friends with everyone was way easier.

Era point System is just like eureka system, you actually spend resources to gain them.

But Dark Classical and Heroic Medival may be a different way. At least you no longer need to build lots of Holy Sites. Not sure which one is better in fact. Since managing not to gain era point at classical is much more difficult, there're too many era point sources. (only looking at 9 for wiping out a Civ that's already quite a lot, also you unlock T1 and T2 government, build some wonder , your 1st unit that need horse/iron, all are during that time.)

Renaissance? If ancient last for 50 turns, 40 classical and 40 medival, then it's already 130 turns, who cares about what happens afterwards.

I think in most cases I can't afford a classical golden age, which in most cases means I shall delay my conquest. So maybe the dark-heroic one is a normal thing.
Actually, do we understand how the variable lengths of the ages are determined? It seems to be dependent on something that happens in-game, either something the player does or the AI or both. Regardless, you can clearly tech well ahead of the era, though you may be doing something that will shorten the current era and/or the next one. By doing that you can control when you get those era points by delaying a little here or pushing ahead a little there. So, for instance, if you can get a sufficient edge during the Ancient, you should be able to sandbag during Classical to get a dark age, then unleash your Civ in the next era to go Gold or Heroic. There are some ways to spend your time and resources during one era that will add up to a strategic advantage in the next one without earning too many historic points.

My first Fishery - 6 food is pretty good. So the tile is normally 1 food but has a lighthouse so thats 2... the 1 for the fishery and 3 for the adjacents = 6
upload_2018-2-11_0-28-6.png

Going to give it a go Spy is LVL2 but intelligence agency gives a level, +2 levels for getting resources in the city and +2 levels for covert action upgrade making a level 7 spy. Intelligence agency really helps.
upload_2018-2-11_0-35-32.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom