1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Sneak Peak 3/12

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

That's not the part of the backdrop they'd show in a teaser. That would be too much of a give away.

I'm sticking with Maori.

2. Kheznik

Kheznik Warlord

Actually, looking at this more, I've found an angle of Forillon that matches almost 100% the sneak peak... albeit reversed. Note the zig-zagging at the top of the cliff in the sneak peak and this image:

sonicmyst and TahamiTsunami like this.
  3. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

It vaguely looks like Khao Ok Thalu, but I don't know why it would be a forested mountain in Thailand.

4. Larsenex

Larsenex King

This is a lame request but me and Twitter are not seeing eye to eye and I am unable to view the sneak peak. Can anyone post the image here in this thread?

5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Looking at the picture the more I see less and less that the cliffs resembles water at all, so I'm still saying Inca.

6. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

TahamiTsunami and Julia97 like this.
  7. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Hmmm, I'm leaning more Maori now. I was thinking 1st New then 2nd Old based on R&F, but looking back at the actual first looks that has no basis - it was Korea first than the Dutch (both old Civs with new leaders) before the drop of Genghis third. So now I'm thinking Inca might be third as an old/old (or the Ottomans, but imho most likely Inca because they'll get the two out of the trailer done).

TahamiTsunami and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  8. Naktis

Naktis Warlord

I would say its Inca , picture fits that region too.It also fits new zealand , and from leak closest to them is Maori but...I wouldve surprised if it were Maori, for them I expect canoe sneak peak.

And if there were no leaks..New Zealand I vote. But sadle there is leaks...

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  9. craney1987

craney1987 Warlord

I have no idea. But I feel the piece of land in the foreground gives the impression of standing on the edge of a canyon

10. cvb

cvb Prince

Well, just real life ... some times you loose ... some times the others win ... :D I'm sticking with Maori.
    Hope this helps to focus again:

Xefjord, Haig and TahamiTsunami like this.
  11. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

How about Milford Sounds ???

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  12. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

This kind of turning into a Rorschach Mountain. I see a mountain with vegetation, where you're looking from across a valley/canyon, and it has a cliffside to the valley, as well as another cliffside in the other direction.

Do the grasses in the foreground give any indication?

Originally felt more Incan to me, but also seems like if it were the Inca, it would be a whole mountain range, whereas we can really only see one peak on there. So maybe it is a little more New Zealand, and thus Maori.

MrRadar, Zaarin and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  13. Heinage

Heinage Khan

If it does turn out to be Maori, here is my way too over-confident and wildly speculative pick for the uniques:

*Kupe - Leader Ability*: Te Aurere - Maori units gain the ability to enter Ocean tiles after researching Foreign Trade. Embarked units gain +1 visibility.

*Maori Unique Ability*: Te Kahui Tupua / The sacred peaks - Geothermal Fissures provide an extra +1 culture and +1 faith. After every eruption of a volcanoe, +3 culture and +3 faith is added to each city within 3 tiles of the volcanoe.

*Unique Unit* - Māori Battalion, a modern era infantry replacement which gets +10 strength when fighting in foreign territory and is able to scale cliffs

*Unique Improvement* - Pa, an early fort replacement which can be built by builders. Units which are adjacent to the Pa also gain the fortification bonus.

Canterbury, Trav'ling Canuck and bbbt like this.
  14. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

I'm predicting we might get a UU that promotes into another UU for a different age, just like Hungary

15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

May I ask why a modern infantry replacement? The abilities and unit seem super close to the Diggers by Australia. I would go for either the Maori warrior or the Haka (Maori war canoe).
    Also I don't think they would give another Civ a bonus for geothermal fissures though something to do with volcanoes may work? I'm expecting something along the lines of military bonuses tied in to their culture.
    However if the above is applied to their unique unit then the volcano bonus would work well.
    We were getting 9 unique units. So I don't think another Civ will get 2 unless one of the Civs gets 2 unique infrastructure instead of a unit.

16. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

Okay haven slept on it and looked through the thread my gut still says Maori, even though some of the Quebec photos are close

Kjimmet, Kimiimaro and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  17. Jkchart

Jkchart King

Huayna Capac is my preferred selection as well.

Alexander's Hetaroi and Zaarin like this.
  18. Heinage

Heinage Khan

I didn't think about the Australian Diggers. That is indeed too close in ability and time.
    I don't think "Maori Warrior" is a good idea. That's akin to saying "American soldier" as a unique for America. It may have worked for the Polynesia blob civ in Civ V, but not for a Maori specific civ in this iteration.
    You mean "Waka" (canoe) not "Haka" (war dance).

I like the idea of military bonuses tied to culture/faith.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  19. bbbt

bbbt Deity

The Wikipedia on them states:
    So I wouldn't be surprised if they get some sort of volcano/fissure adjacency like you mentioned in your UA.

20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Check out this ripply pale marble karstic cliff (and sweet cloudy mountaintop) from Kahurangi National Park in New Zealand.

bite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.