So why was CFC down (on and off) the last 3 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hour down time reporting in

I'm tired of this crap.

TWC had a similar problem a year or two ago. It persisted for a very short time. Know why? Because they realized what was wrong - there wasn't enough money to deal with the problem - and fixed it by asking for donations. The goal was reached in 1-3 weeks, and now we have a fancy new server that works. I'm sure it'll be even faster on here because there are more active members.

The other solution is to wait for half of the site to get pissed and leave. There, problem of too much traffic solved. Speaking of which, buh-bye.

Server busy seems to be an ongoing issue. Hope someone figures it out.

Is a new server needed? And why isn't there a backup?

Curious, and frustrating too. <sigh>

JosEPh

Server busy seems to be an ongoing issue. Hope someone figures it out.

It's been like that for months. Though between September and Febuary, there were some lucky streaks where there were very few Server is too Busy messages.

TWC had a similar problem a year or two ago. It persisted for a very short time. Know why? Because they realized what was wrong - there wasn't enough money to deal with the problem - and fixed it by asking for donations. The goal was reached in 1-3 weeks, and now we have a fancy new server that works. I'm sure it'll be even faster on here because there are more active members.

That was suggested before, but IIRC was denied.

Money is not the problem. We are trying to diagnose what it is. At this stage, it is NOT a server downtime issue. It may be a server load issue, but that is not confirmed.

Money is not the problem. We are trying to diagnose what it is. At this stage, it is NOT a server downtime issue. It may be a server load issue, but that is not confirmed.

Oh, well, that's good. Perhaps it could be solved by simply getting more bandwidth or what have you, because it seems to be an error caused by too much traffic.

Oh, well, that's good. Perhaps it could be solved by simply getting more bandwidth or what have you, because it seems to be an error caused by too much traffic.

But how does that explain the downage in the mornings (EST) after the biweekly backups happen? As our friends around the international dateline and some night owls in North America have noted. Normally the "Server is too busy" that happens during a normal backup routine lasts about 30 minutes (And I don't count those in my x day(s) since the Server was too busy since I consider it a normal forum maintenance function)

Maybe something as silly as server overheating or another, um, 'physical' problem?

But how does that explain the downage in the mornings (EST) after the biweekly backups happen? As our friends around the international dateline and some night owls in North America have noted. Normally the "Server is too busy" that happens during a normal backup routine lasts about 30 minutes (And I don't count those in my x day(s) since the Server was too busy since I consider it a normal forum maintenance function)

Maybe it's just a piece of bantha poodoo and needs to be replaced.

Good thing you fixed it before anything major happened.

Okay, does anyone know what that was about and how can we prevent it from happening again?

Okay, does anyone know what that was about and how can we prevent it from happening again?
This...

...MOST defenately this! I was almost close to migrating to a different forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom