So you want to see gameplay, huh?

And we know for a fact that it was CIV that caused the graphics glitch and not the streaming software/web-cam that corrupted the video?

I'd write more if I felt your opinion was informed enough to actually have merit; and was not simply based upon a SINGLE experience and also considered what other contributing factors were in play during this presentation to thousands of people that would not normally effect someone playing SP or even MP with only a few players and no actual streaming.

Also, I don't recall that graphics glitches/crashes were concerns highlighted a great deal by beta testers.

And we know for a fact that it was CIV that caused the graphics glitch and not the streaming software/web-cam that corrupted the video?

I'd write more if I felt your opinion was informed enough to actually have merit; and was not simply based upon a SINGLE experience and also considered what other contributing factors were in play during this presentation to thousands of people that would not normally effect someone playing SP or even MP with only a few players and no actual streaming.

Um before we blame the game or the fanbios get all defensive..anyone consider that the 2k people are just simply unprofessional jokes who dont know what they are doing? Again if Firaxis loved these people they wouldnt be 3000 miles away from the game developement. And if this community had listen to me so many months ago maybe we'd have professionals rep'n the game not apprenticed children.

Moderator Action: Infraction - Personal attacks are not acceptable on these forums

Um before we blame the game or the fanbios get all defensive..anyone consider that the 2k people are just simply unprofessional jokes who dont know what they are doing? Again if Firaxis loved these people they wouldnt be 3000 miles away from the game developement. And if this community had listen to me so many months ago maybe we'd have professionals rep'n the game not apprenticed children.

Out of curiosity, why do you come here?

Moderator Action: *snip*

The 2K folks are community reps, not developers or game designers, and they work for 2K to spread info, not for Firaxis. I think they do a pretty good job and considering Civ 5 is probably just one game in their overall job experience they're fairly in tune with it.

Anyways.

I've gone thru a lot of video cards and/or had heat issues in PCs before and the tearing/artificating thing was almost certainly a system, driver, heat, or video card issue. PCs are complicated beasts and without knowing the details of their setup it's hard to speculate why the PC/card choked.

They don't work for firaxis. They work for 2k.

Ugh... along people come with their agendas and bring a bad tone to the thread.

I for one think they did a great job, I was glued to my screen for the duration.

My line is, "anyone who comes into a computer PC game forum and harps on how game company reps are dressed for a free preview is not someone anyone else should bother to take seriously."

Moving on!

Guys, I am pretty sure I did not lose my second attack because I fortified. Fortifying doesn't use a movement point so that wouldn't make sense. I assume it was because I had deselected the unit. The "two attacks" promotion was new to me so I didn't know exactly how it works. I am pretty sure you must make them both at the same time; you can't go and move another unit in between the attacks, and that's what I tried to do.

That is a very likely scenario! I had totally not considered the fact that that could be the case. I am so used to being able to set up and fire on the same turn (if I don't move) and I forgot to consider that each attack probably uses up one movement point.

Thanks for clearing that up. I just checked the video and it looks like that's exactly what happened. :) Without seeing where your mouse cursor was, we were relying a bit more than usual on your version of events.

And hear we were with people arguing that it made sense for fortifying to use up movement points. :p

In the video they keep saying it is a Super "High End System" they play on... Can anyone confirm what they mean by that?

Super overclocked I7 980x with quad 5870 or what??

My wife and I enjoyed the chance to watch it - in fact she went out and ordered it :)

Moderator Action: Infraction - Personal attacks are not acceptable on these forums

I didn't know that a BIOS needed a fan. Maybe 2k doesn't know as well, and that's why the system overheated? I'm an amateur joke so I can afford not to know it, though. Them? Unprofessional jokes.

where can we see the replay of this? I've been busy the last few days.

Watching the recordings now...

Will say right off the bat that Civ5 has roped me in straight from the beginning, I loved the civ selection screen (showing the German Empire right before WWI) and I thought that the introduction with history and description of the leader was absolutely epic.

I can tell you right now I will be taking the extra 30 seconds every time I play the game to listen to that awesome intro...

:king:

Yeah I'm glad to see they aren't ashamed of grabbing good stuff from Total War like the empire showing historical territory and side queuing items instead of popups.

It is one easy "point" to win in my proof to show these people arnt worthy to represent this community. I live in florida - 100% humidity tanktop and shorts weather most of of time..But even people here wear jeans and a shirt with a collar at work..let alone when they are addressing 100s of people representing their company. Its embarrassing. And that doesnt even begin with them not knowing what build they were playing on. I could go on and on...we deserve better.

#1 If you bother to listen to the actual stream they specifically said that the build they were using was CLOSE to a PRESS build but that Greg had been playing the game for 10 hours and thus was using an internal build so that there may be a few more glitches. But feel free to drone on and on because you can't follow simple human speech. It's much easier to just try to nitpick stuff that doesn't even exist isn't it?

Moving on to your professionalism comment. I wear dress pants and dress shirts. Its not a work requirement even though I work for Lockheed Martin, a far bigger company then 2K/Firaxis. Most people wear jeans and such and only dress up when they meet with customers. Now I know your next argument is, "but we are the customers!". Yes. But we are also GAMERS. YOU DRESS TO FIT THE PERCEPTIONS OF YOUR CUSTOMER. We don't want a bunch of people in suits broadcasting games. We want gamers with hot chicks thrown in as eye candy because the paradigm is predominantly male (sorry Liz :( ). That's just the cold hard facts. It's the same reason why you see so many female commentators for Football. Do you honestly think they are hired because they are more qualified then their male counterparts?

Now I'm not suggesting that Liz doesn't deserve her job at all. I'm merely pointing out examples in other forms of media since YOU brought up TV.

It's the same reason why you see so many female commentators for Football. Do you honestly think they are hired because they are more qualified then their male counterparts?

Now that's sexist. You're still right though. :lol:

Where is the link to watch this video? Can we watch the 2 hours now or was it once and you had to watch it live?

WHAT!!!? I would NEVER ignore a kitchen fly.

Fetch me my kitchen fly swatter!!

You see, we rarely have a fly in the kitchen. It's a DRY heat in Las Wages, NV.

While you were busy with the fly, Monty casually walks in and took all the beers from the fridge.:mischief:
I hope the A.I. is more opportunistic.

Top Bottom