So you want to see gameplay, huh?

Now I'm not suggesting that Liz doesn't deserve her job at all. I'm merely pointing out examples in other forms of media since YOU brought up TV.

Hah! No worries. I wasn't even on the feed, anyway. And I'm a huge nerd. That's why I have this job. I don't think you could do it otherwise! :lol:

It is one easy "point" to win in my proof to show these people arnt worthy to represent this community. I live in florida - 100% humidity tanktop and shorts weather most of of time..But even people here wear jeans and a shirt with a collar at work..let alone when they are addressing 100s of people representing their company. Its embarrassing. And that doesnt even begin with them not knowing what build they were playing on. I could go on and on...we deserve better.

Technically "we" don't deserve anything. We're not entitled to 2 hour video previews of the game. We're also not entitled to dictate what people at another company wear at work.

Some people have this absurd belief that they deserve things they really don't.

(Besides, I work for a government in Canada, and IT dresses like that most of the time. When you spend most of your day dealing with code, nobody really gives a damn what you're wearing. Welcome to the industry.)

Perhaps that should be, "Napoleowned?"

:mischief:

2K Elizabeth - considering some of the outrageously sexist comments made towards you in this thread, I have to commend your grace and professionalism. Were I in your place, I'm not sure I'd even want to come back here... Cheers!

Seconded! :) I feel pretty ashamed to be a member of humanity after reading some of this stuff. :(

Please note that the vast majority of us really enjoyed the stream and appreciate all the work that went into pulling it off. :spear:

Hah! No worries. I wasn't even on the feed, anyway. And I'm a huge nerd. That's why I have this job. I don't think you could do it otherwise! :lol:

Right but check out how many comments you had on your voice.... ;) And I hope you mean you are a huge GEEK. Nerds like math and physics

I just wish you had allowed a little bit of multiplayer discussion. I would love if my idea could be implemented where the game runs at turn based unless all players change it to simultaneous (at which point it takes effect the next turn) and as soon as one player changes it to turn based, it changes back the very next turn. I think that would be the best of both worlds because I don't really want to play turn based multiplayer with hundreds of turns where we aren't even near each other, nor do I want to play simultaneous turns when I'm a giant empire getting attacked by 5 friends (impossible no matter how good you are lol)

Sounds like a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

I too want to add that I really enjoyed the live gameplay stream. It showed off civ5 well. I was already planning on buying civ5 but not I am super psyched to play. I got it preloaded from Steam, counting the days until I get to play it. :)

Right but check out how many comments you had on your voice.... ;) And I hope you mean you are a huge GEEK. Nerds like math and physics

I just wish you had allowed a little bit of multiplayer discussion. I would love if my idea could be implemented where the game runs at turn based unless all players change it to simultaneous (at which point it takes effect the next turn) and as soon as one player changes it to turn based, it changes back the very next turn. I think that would be the best of both worlds because I don't really want to play turn based multiplayer with hundreds of turns where we aren't even near each other, nor do I want to play simultaneous turns when I'm a giant empire getting attacked by 5 friends (impossible no matter how good you are lol)

Sounds like a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

I know Greg will be talking about MP more in the future - given how much we were talking (and how people wanted us to PLAY more!) I wanted to give you guys that.

And I'm glad people like my voice. How can anyone be displeased with a compliment! (This is the internet after all, and I'm a gal who has been on it for a long time. It's not anything new. ;))

As for geek/nerd, I always think of geek as someone who bites the heads off chickens :lol: - but you are correct, as well - either would do! I just like to say nerd more.

There are two parts to the gameplay video:
Part 1
Part 2

thanks great stuff. Although for some reason I didn't think to maximize the screen until halfway in. :crazyeye: It helps to be able to see it more clearly.

The game looks way cool. I was worried about a few things, but one thing I'm not worried about is the game being fun.

And I want that t-shirt :goodjob:

thanks great stuff. Although for some reason I didn't think to maximize the screen until halfway in. :crazyeye: It helps to be able to see it more clearly.

The game looks way cool. I was worried about a few things, but one thing I'm not worried about is the game being fun.

And I want that t-shirt :goodjob:

Liz's t-shirt? And you want it off too? (edit: as in discount, I mean, of course).

Just saw part one so far. I am impressed. I just hope the demo works for me, so I will know Civ V works on my computer. I had a small problem watching the game in full screen. I have been using my mouse to try and click on the game and play it. LOL. Forgot I was watching a stream LOL.

Was that your voice on their Elizebeth? Damn you sound sexy lol.

Ok, now off to watching part II.

you guys go crazy over women. She's just a woman, just like any other. There was nothing particularly noteworthy about her voice (no offense Liz). It was professional, with few mistakes, and that I appreciate very much. There was nothing sexy about the voice LOL. It's just a normal female voice.

you guys go crazy over women. She's just a woman, just like any other. There was nothing particularly noteworthy about her voice (no offense Liz). It was professional, with few mistakes, and that I appreciate very much. There was nothing sexy about the voice LOL. It's just a normal female voice.

No, I am *clearly* the embodiment of Aphrodite. :lol:

The only problem seeing the gameplay is now I want more. It's like I've fallen off the wagon, and want to go on a binge.

I don't even mind watching.

Is there any way we can get those 3 to do a marathon session for 1 straight week with no sleep? Just constant streaming. It's you all's fault for getting us hooked. :D I'd love to see how that Japan game ended up.

No, I am *clearly* the embodiment of Aphrodite. :lol:

If you were really a geek/nerd you'd be careful about making challenges to the greek gods. Didn't you see Clash of the Titans!? The origional of course.

I remember being scared when Hera's statue's head broke off and the eyes opened :(

Who pooped in your corn flakes? Can't we have some harmless flirting fun?

I bet there are a decent amount more female members of this forum than most of us tend to think. They just hide it due to things like whats going on in this thread.

I bet there are a decent amount more female members of this forum than most of us tend to think. They just hide it due to things like whats going on in this thread.

Don't forget ToGTFO. Oh, and Poland! :lol:

Top Bottom