[SoI] The "OMG, look what happened in SoI!" -thread

Jusos2108

Deity
I decided to post this new thread dedicated to weird, cool and/or funny screenshots from SoI. There was clearly a need for this, since the original thread has become quite a monster.

And to get started:

I have never seen PoA spanking the Zengids like this, in the end the Zengids capitulated to them.

Really rare to see Byzantine this strong this late, PoA and KoJ are Byzantine's vassals:

Seljuks actually conquered Baghdad, too bad that the Abbasids respawned, however Alp is still the CotF!

I really like the corps!:D

i'm sorry I can't appreciated your OMGs as I don't play SoI enough but can't you keep this to the main thread, its been slow as of late :sad:

The main thread will reach 2000 replies in a week, I'm very much for keeping it for bug reports & mod development only.

i'm sorry I can't appreciated your OMGs as I don't play SoI enough but can't you keep this to the main thread, its been slow as of late :sad:

Well, maybe you should play it more and as Edead said the main thread is really buffed and this should release some pressure from it. And considering how many useless threads are opened to the main RFC forum weekly, I can't really see your point...

I had an AMAZING screenshot of a Byzantine Egypt and Levant (except for a few cities), except I deleted it! :mad:
Next time, I will defintly save my photos for this thread!
Good idea creating this! :goodjob:

is that... merkuria

tell me that that is impossible!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,337
That's bad for you, now you'll have to deal with the Ayyubids instead.

I traded my iron away to the Mamluks for lots of health resources, but I don't think any iron is worth this much (that's 262 g/turn).:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0580.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0580.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 3,736
The shaybanids spawned and became the timurids' vassal. For some reason, they're still at war... I didn't notice it until Timur asked me to declare war, and I unintentionally wound up at war with him also. :hammer2: I had to restart from an earlier save point to get this screenshot.

So that means Timur's at war with himself? :confused:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 881
Probably not a unique event, and belongs more in the "strategy" section than here. But still funny and was an OMG moment for me. :D

I have never seen that in SoI, owever, there is a similar event in RFC that reveals oil, which is very useful.

Here the last Fatimid stronghold, naturally in southern Azerbaijan. Why won't they just collapse?:lol:

Mamluk leader: let's declare war on the KOJ!
Mamluk advisor: Yes! We shall destroy those infidels! :mwaha:
Mamluk leader: Before I lead my glorious army into battle, I must visit Mecca!
Mamluk advisor: But the KOJ controls Mecca...
Mamluk leader:...

I think Harun is a little confused after a night of drunken revels.
Bonus points to those who can deduce how this bug happened and cost me some faith points.

The answer to the above sphinx:
Spoiler :
Buyids controlled Baghdad, and called a jihad against the Abbasids. They collapsed the next turn and Baghdad flipped back to Rashid who took over the previous call for Jihad.
The obvious bug is not to cancel the Jihad when the previous holder collapses.

No apparent war between the Abbasids and anybody else. All the other Sunni rulers saw through the stupid drunkenness of it all and decided to take a hit in their faith points. :D

The Fatimids are the most reasonable AI civ in the game. I usually get really good trade deals with them. Too bad other fanatics take its place. Maybe he was influenced by the large numbers of Christian pilgrims. :D

Top Bottom