Solutions to Fix the Holy Roman Empire Problem

yea, they were trying to compromise all the people who were arguuing whether Charlemagne is German or French

The only problem I have with the Holy Roman Empire is that everyone is making such a hooplah about it. You'd think that the broad "Native Americans" Civilization would really get the historical purists riled up, but you'd be wrong. The only thing that seems to anger them is doubling up on Germanic empires.

God damnit....

But i still see no reason why not to include Charlemagne as a Stand alone Leader with no specific leader since the new Mix-and-match option is in the game.

But i still see no reason why not to include Charlemagne as a Stand alone Leader with no specific leader since the new Mix-and-match option is in the game.

thats actually a pretty nice idea... someone sugested he be leader for France and Germany

When I go on these threads, I always see the same people complaining. I always see the same people defending. The fact is, the vast majority of people don't care. They see that going into lengthy arguments about something that definitely will happen is stupid. It would be like a democrat and a republican arguing forever about (after election day) if the president should be replaced. NGH. Not gonna happen.

Poll 1. The small majority prefer a different civ. But, if poland replaced HRE, a larger majority would prefer a different civ. That simple.

Polls 3 and 4 are loaded questions, and, for poll four, if HRE is second to the Dutch, that shows that some other civ should be replaced.

The reason people get upset about the HRE is they think it took Poland's place because its a European civ. However, we don't know. What would happen if they unveiled Austria instead of HRE? People would complain about Poland not getting in.

To Ishon: That's because everyone who you know today who plays the game is older, because kids and teens won't go pick up Civ 1, 2 or 3 on a shelf that also has Civ 4. Since that gaming population has aged 10-16 years (civ was released in 91, right?), it seems older and more mature.

Austria or Hungary would make a lot of sense, the HRE makes none. It's not a Poland discussion now, it's a HRE one. People are amazed at the fact that such a thing could become a civ at all.

In every game of that sort we have leaders living longer than people usually do, this is a horsehockey argument.

We should simply avoid adding things like the USSR or the HRE to a game where people play on a World Map and where Germany is present.

Honestly, the best way to fix the "problem" at this point is not to get upset about it. They are in, and there's nothing that can be done. I am actually looking forward to it now after being surprised initially. They seem to have a good UU and UB, and it looks very interesting. I now support the HRE!

The Holy Romans are coming! Make no mistake: whether we bring our enemies to Holy Rome, or Holy Rome to our enemies, Holy Rome will be done.

Totally agree with you, my fellow Octavianphile. There are just as many people who are happy with HRE's inclusion as there are writing these silly threads every five minutes. Their inclusion is not a "problem"-- your constant anti-HRE threads are the issue. If you don't like the HRE, don't play them! There are 33 other civs to choose from. It's that simple.

Totally agree with you, my fellow Octavianphile. There are just as many people who are happy with HRE's inclusion as there are writing these silly threads every five minutes. Their inclusion is not a "problem"-- your constant anti-HRE threads are the issue. If you don't like the HRE, don't play them! There are 33 other civs to choose from. It's that simple.

You say that when they add the Roman Republic as a separate civ, and you end up fighting the Empire and Republic in one game. :crazyeye: :p

You say that when they add the Roman Republic as a separate civ, and you end up fighting the Empire and Republic in one game. :crazyeye: :p

Actually, that would be pretty cool-- I could see a good Roman Civil War scenario for that one. Cicero's hands will be on my Senate door in no time! :lol:

That's not enough. I demand a Republic (Cincinnatus, Sulla & JC), a Principate (Augustus and Marcus Aurelius) and an Empire (Constantine) Civ to represent Rome.

The solution is plain and simple: mod the thing out of the game.

I personally would have liked to see a Polynesian Civilization in the place of the Holy Roman Empire or perhaps Mayans or Aztecs. The Aztecs or Mayans were always good, especially now that they can have culturally correct unit. I like the idea of the use of the codes for making units different for different cultures or civilizations. I think it is a great idea, begun with the unique buildings in Warlords and it would be interesting to see how far it extends in BTS. I would more prefer Mayans or Aztecs over Polynesian. Any of those three definately over the HRE. So why didn't Mayans or Aztecs get into the game to give the Spanish something to conquer?

Top Bottom