[Solved] Changing terrain ingame using Firetuner

skodkim

Deity
Has anyone had any success with changing terrain ingame using Firetuner, i.e. have a game going and use the World Builder tab of the tuner to change terrain?

Just to make sure you understand: I'm talking about terrain, e.g. desert to grasslands, not feature, e.g. plant a forest.

\Skodkim

As for Civ5, I'm afraid that you need to reload the game to see the change (the tooltip should update)

Yes for civ5 (I remember). But does it work for civ6? I can't get it working with the tuner.

\Skodkim

I managed to get the river tool to work!!! But I don't know how.... and I cannot repeat it. None of the other terrain features worked for me, even with save/reload.

I just cracked it. The panel in the Firetuner makes a check and if you're in game mode you can't change terrain. Using the code from the Fire Tuner Feature placement box below I was able to change this. Please notice that changes are only visible in strategic view or after reload (just as it was in Civ5).

I also made a small addition to the units panel - added a button that lets you heal the selected unit.

All you need to do is extract the files from the attached zip file to the location of the fire tuner. For me it's: d:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\FireTuner

Don't worry about backup of the original files as ackup files are included in the zip.

PS: Adding/removing rivers seems to work too - just make sure you have the appropriate box ticked on and that you click on the borders between tiles in the game window.

\Skodkim

Attachments

• FireTuner_Panels.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 4,512
I just cracked it. The panel in the Firetuner makes a check and if you're in game mode you can't change terrain. Using the code from the Fire Tuner Feature placement box below I was able to change this. Please notice that changes are only visible in strategic view or after reload (just as it was in Civ5).

I also made a small addition to the units panel - added a button that lets you heal the selected unit.

All you need to do is extract the files from the attached zip file to the location of the fire tuner. For me it's: d:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\FireTuner

Don't worry about backup of the original files as ackup files are included in the zip.

PS: Adding/removing rivers seems to work too - just make sure you have the appropriate box ticked on and that you click on the borders between tiles in the game window.

\Skodkim

Nice job!!! Thank you!

\Skodkim

I've got the FireTuner installed in the same path, but I don't have those files there... am I missing something?

I've got the FireTuner installed in the same path, but I don't have those files there... am I missing something?
You mean the default panels?

I simply took the ltp files from the Civ6 installation dir and copied it to the fire tuner dir.

From
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Debug
To
...\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\FireTuner

Afterwards overwrite files with the ones I provided and start up the tuner. It works for me.

\Skodkim

You mean the default panels?

I simply took the ltp files from the Civ6 installation dir and copied it to the fire tuner dir.

From
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Debug
To
...\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\FireTuner

Afterwards overwrite files with the ones I provided and start up the tuner. It works for me.

\Skodkim

No, no. I have the default panels. In fact, everything works by default except for checking the box for "Terrain Placement Enabled".
I followed your instructions and copied, then overwrote the files, and that hasn't fixed the issue. I don't see that anything is different, in fact :)

Also, did any of you guys manage to place a >1 tile natural wonder? For some reason, I can't place those at all, but 1-tile ones work no problem.

No, no. I have the default panels. In fact, everything works by default except for checking the box for "Terrain Placement Enabled".
I followed your instructions and copied, then overwrote the files, and that hasn't fixed the issue. I don't see that anything is different, in fact :)

Also, did any of you guys manage to place a >1 tile natural wonder? For some reason, I can't place those at all, but 1-tile ones work no problem.

did you use the strategic view? In normal view the changes does not show until you save/load. But in strategic view you can see the changes. (I know you probably already know this, but just in case... )

did you use the strategic view? In normal view the changes does not show until you save/load. But in strategic view you can see the changes. (I know you probably already know this, but just in case... )

Yep, I used strategic view. I meant that nothing is different from the "default" FireTuner (aka not being able to set terrain), not that I can't see changes on the map.

Can anyone else confirm that it works with the files I posted. If so I suggest that you (@djlethal) try overwriting the original files again. Just checked the download and it's the same Worldbuilder.ltp that I use with success.

\Skodkim

I can confirm that everything is working for me (although sometimes after the changes I got some game crashes). every single option is working for me.

All right, so I solved it, but it's exactly the opposite of what skodkim said.
You have to paste the files (and overwrite) to the Debug folder, not the FireTuner folder. There's no need to copy any files to the FireTuner folder.

But in any case, your files fixed it, so thanks :D

All right, so I solved it, but it's exactly the opposite of what skodkim said.
You have to paste the files (and overwrite) to the Debug folder, not the FireTuner folder. There's no need to copy any files to the FireTuner folder.

But in any case, your files fixed it, so thanks :D
Weird, for me it was the other way around.

Good you got it working!

\Skodkim

Thank you for the changes Skodkim, is fantastic.

I spent a great deal of yesterday customising a map for myself, unfortunately to discover it seems that if you settle on land that was previously sea, the game crashes.

If anyone has found a way around this I would love to hear it but for now I guess I will just have to work around it by not reclaiming land from the sea lol.

I think you'll have to call TerrainBuilder.AnalyzeChokepoints() after changing sea to land (and land to sea ?)

Not sure if it can be called from in game (must be in a script context) or if you'll have to add a script that will call it when relaoding a savegame after the change.

Ah that makes sense, presumably something to do with the siege mechanic perhaps.

In any case thanks for telling me, I called it in Firetuner under the GameCore_Tuner Lua console and it seems to have worked :) I stopped crashing trying to settle on my extra land now so hurah, thank you.

FYI it might make your game stop responding for a minute or two depending on your computer and the size of your map i guess but it worked fine after it came back!

Top Bottom